1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were mine, I’d try to surgically apply some some rubber cement or epoxy with a pin. Just a tiny amount to close up the cut, and wipe away any excess.

If he heats the cut up first then put the cement in the cut and holds it together it might close up and stay closed. You think superglue would work better? it dries really fast. He could put a little on an exacto knife and get it into the cut.

If he heats the cut up first then put the cement in the cut and holds it together it might close up and stay closed. You think superglue would work better? it dries really fast. He could put a little on an exacto knife and get it into the cut.

Thanks for the advice man @actionfiguremovies, I taped off the tear with painters tape and used a toothpick to work in some super glue, then pinched in shut for a while.

I always feel superglue is a fickle mistress, it can be your best friend or worst enemy, for once it worked out for me! Looks better I think!

20200321_194837 (1).jpg
20200323_201422.jpg

Thanks for the advice man @actionfiguremovies, I taped off the tear with painters tape and used a toothpick to work in some super glue, then pinched in shut for a while.

I always feel superglue is a fickle mistress, it can be your best friend or worst enemy, for once it worked out for me! Looks better I think!

View attachment 481701
View attachment 481700

Hey Chrakalackis. It was a group effort. FullMetalHippie suggestion got the juices flowing and you executed it perfectly. I bet you are proud as well you should be. Great job my friend. It looks perfect. I would never find that cut again. Two thumbs up buddy.

Hey everyone, I just got a Hulk and when I opened it I noticed my hands got a rubber smell to them whenever I handle the figure. Is this normal? The skin to the figure is also very slightly tacky.

The seller I purchased from kept him in package so I'm guessing it's from that??

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone, I just got a Hulk and when I opened it I noticed my hands got a rubber smell to them whenever I handle the figure. Is this normal? The skin to the figure is also very slightly tacky.

The seller I purchased from kept him in package so I'm guessing it's from that??

Thanks in advance!

My Hulk is definitely tacky to the touch. I never noticed the smell but I'm pretty much allergy afflicted about 11.5 months out of the year...

I sold mine early this year and it was also tacky to the touch, and a weird rubber smell would be on my fingers after handling it. It was displayed for several years in a detolf, in a climate controlled house.

I'm glad I got rid of it before it got any worse.

I had 2 of them over the years -- the single release and a Banner/Hulk release. Never noticed any scent or tackiness -- may have been a batch thing?

Thanks in advance!

See:
https://www.action-figure-resource.com/sticky-plastiaction-figures.html

My figs are mostly under glass (except for the ones I have sitting around enjoying before being put in cabinet) but none of my cabinets are really sealed up and I run a fan a lot. I have moderate climate conditions, usually - not too humid or too dry.

Congrats on getting him - I'd just put him in a shady corner for a few weeks and let him off-gas, away from other figs. Hopefully that will solve problem.

Thanks for the replies with everyone, I have him ontop of a detolf and off-gassing. He's not AS tacky or smelly as he was yesterday. So I'm gonna keep him out like this for a week or two and see how he does.

Thanks for the replies with everyone, I have him ontop of a detolf and off-gassing. He's not AS tacky or smelly as he was yesterday. So I'm gonna keep him out like this for a week or two and see how he does.

Mine hasn't been behind glass since I got him and I just checked and there's definitely no smell to speak of and the tackiness is much less noticeable than the last time I moved him... You should be fine in a couple of weeks...or unconscious from the fumes... :)

I got a used one in this week and also noticed a certain plasticky smell and feel some residue on my fingers after touching it. not sure if this suggestion was posted earlier since the search function isn't working but I'm thinking about applying some 303 protectant on it to see if it solves this issues. My only concern with 303 is it leaves a slight glossy sheen to it and I've never applied this to a soft plastic or rubber material that's been painted on like the Hulk. My other option is to use matte mod podge though it may leave a visible layer.

Guys, this Hulk or AoU one? I understand AoU has better paint, but I do not like yoga pants, I do not like the olive color, I do not like the screaming sculpt ... so maybe I put my question wrong. How does A1 Hulk hold up?

I still think A1 Hulk is the best one. Might not have the critically best paint, and comes with almost nothing (just another pair of hands, really), but for me it's still the best representation of the actual Hulk. I like the color better than AoU, Ragnorak Hulk is too specific to that one scene, and the Endgame Hulk just wasn't Hulk for me at all.

I still think A1 Hulk is the best one. Might not have the critically best paint, and comes with almost nothing (just another pair of hands, really), but for me it's still the best representation of the actual Hulk. I like the color better than AoU, Ragnorak Hulk is too specific to that one scene, and the Endgame Hulk just wasn't Hulk for me at all.

Agree.. This is one of the few figures I regret not getting, as I was hoping for a better Hulk in a later movie. But I too didn't like the AOU Hulk. And like you said, while Ragnarok Gladiator Hulk is cool looking, he's too scene specific.

And no way I'd ever want or get the puny smart Hulk.. :lol

I was really hoping for a Hulk from the end of Ragnarok/beginning of Infinity War, but that never happened. Then a possible redo Avengers v2 Hulk from Endgame like they did with Cap and Loki. :(

I'm looking to get this A1 Hulk as well. AOU just looks too much on the yellow side.

Back