1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what happens when you want The Hulk to make his homework.

gb9h.jpg

am4z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics pirate!!!
Hulk smash puny robot

Btw, jay724, I think I have a situation like yours, except with a black spidey. The vendor was having a sale, a placed an order for one, flaked out, asked for a cancellation of my order via email(only option).
2 days later, last day of sale, I place another order for one
The next day, I get a response to my first cancellation email saying they cannot cancel the order so I tell them I had already placed another and don't want two, she says she will try
Another spidey shows up at my door, yet there is only one charge on my credit card!

Nice pics pirate!!!
Hulk smash puny robot

Btw, jay724, I think I have a situation like yours, except with a black spidey. The vendor was having a sale, a placed an order for one, flaked out, asked for a cancellation of my order via email(only option).
2 days later, last day of sale, I place another order for one
The next day, I get a response to my first cancellation email saying they cannot cancel the order so I tell them I had already placed another and don't want two, she says she will try
Another spidey shows up at my door, yet there is only one charge on my credit card!

Yeah I guess their system is not the greatest.

I'll check, but I don't think so.
I haven't seen one ship for less than 300, so 240 seems like a good deal.

I'm going to combine it with the Cris Reeve superman and try to get them both for about 400.

Well, I have had my Hulk for about 10 days now and this is my opinion...

My Review - HOT TOYS Hulk (The Avengers) 1:6 Scale Action Figure

This figure, I think, highlights the problems with near naked but posable figures. However in this case, the problems should be even more noticeable as the Hulk figure is clearly 50% bigger in 1:6 scale than a 'normal human' one. In theory at least, all sizing faults should be at least 50% more obvious. But are they really?

People thought that his rubber/PVC arms were going to be a problem. Far from it, this is the best solution HT could have selected from the options available. Regarding his elbows, whilst they do not bend a huge amount, the range that you do get is open to a lot of variable and dynamic posing. The way the 'skin' has been molded around the joint is good too and the material does not gather and bend unnaturally at all...nice.

The body's skin is well cast and painted. and has a little give to it.

His shoulder joints do have everso slightly wider gaps to them than a regular TT body, but let's face it, this is no type of regular body and allowances must be made to allow a decent range of movements. With some imaginative posing and decent viewing angles, only the pickiest of collectors would call this a problem. I certainly do not and in most cases I have found that it is not really an issue to worry about. Joints are firm ratchets, not surprising, his individual components (arms/legs) must weigh a lot each.

Likewise the wrists and ankles. As these are super-sized, then the spacing between the end of the hand and the start of the forearms, as well as the end of the feet and the beginning of the ankles, is going to be slightly exaggerated. But in this case, less so than you might think.

The hip and knee joints are practically invisible to the eye as they are concealed behind a pair of trousers/pants that covers everything very well. Again all joints are nice and firm but not difficult to move and hold position well.

On a pleasant note here, the open hands have wire skeleton joints inside and are flexible/posable in their own right. It's a nice idea as it is but I won't be bending or unbending the fingers too much as eventually, the inner wires will break. However, it is a nice option to have and gives just that fraction more posing possibility.

Now Hulk's head is a wonder to behold. His eyes are freaky real. The skull cap pops off easily enough and is quite secure with its magnets (but this is HT magnet glue we are talking about so it could fail at any time :) ) and the join line when back in position is pleasingly hard to spot if you don'y know where it is. The head/neck combination give a surprising amount of movement considering and the paint work on the face is great. The individual PERS (IERS?) works well, but I won't be tampering it on too many occasions. The face sculpt is definitely the Hulk from the Avengers, and yes you can in fact see a smattering of Mark Ruffalo in it.

All in all, a monster of a figure indeed. Well worth the money? I'd say so, it a beast! To those that got in early and knabbed it at just below/retail...well done. To those in doubt about getting one...don't be, this is a huge figure for your money so buy it whilst it's still at reasonable prices.

Last edited:
Back