1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno dude, if anything I'd troll on batman way before the hulk. In fact I've given it pretty bad to a few recent figures like catwoman, I give it hard when it's deserved and I praise hard when it's deserved, believe me I'm not giving it hard to hulk that's because as I said from my first post clearly, it's a successful and well done figure in my book.

Let me make this clear.

1. I like the figure. It was made as well as it could be.

2. I find it Boring, it might just be me. I'd pay a little more for a few more parts with options for more diversity.

3. The chest hair paint application is really the only thing I have harsh criticism over.

That's hardly trolling, it's constructive criticism that most would or should agree with (the price point vs. more accessories is subjective and I can see the argument for both) but the paint application on certain areas, specifically the chest hair and especially at that scale I'd find a hard time anyone trying to defend its done up to their calibre. Does it ruin the whole thing? Obviously not but its still not up to par.

But aside from the paint application on the chest I don't have much else to criticize objectively, how I feel about the figure irrespective of that is my prerogative really.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with painting and whatnot, but it's really easy to just lightly dry brush some black paint onto his chest and it will bring out the detail on the chest hair if it bugs you. I did it on mine and while it's subtle, it's more visually consistent with the rest of the figure.

First time I can say I've ever painted a happy trail.

Just recieved my hulk today and I'm having trouble moving one of the eyes. Left eye moves smooth but the right one is stuck in place and I don't want to force it and ending up braking it.

I'm surprised nitpickers haven't been complaining about the nipples being too small. lol

Still I love this beast!! Who cares about the lack of accessories this thing is freaking huge. I'm happy with my purchase even tho I broke one eye but I don't care it's not like ill use the rolling eyes.

The reason why the figure doesn't excite you is because you're not a Fan of the Hulk.

No. Again, as I've explained twice before this is not it. I hated both hulk movies, Avengers I wasn't a big fan of. But I am a fan of the Hulk. I wouldn't even just say I like the hulk of say I'm a Hulk fan. That's why I bought this. When I look at it it looks like the Hulk to me, it's not like his movie design is unique to the films, it's faithful to the source material so therefore I have no reason to dislike it because I disliked the movies.

It being boring to me has nothing to do with the films but I think I've figured it out a bit more and to be honest it might actually have me backtracking on what I said before about it not being able to be done any better. Maybe that's no the case and its not as positive as I first indicated.

As crow said I'm sure there was a significant investment in R and D tooling for this figure. That being said, I do actually think its a bit lackluster overall and someone said above and it suddenly clicked for me that I think the figure suffers from a bit of an approach of "lets make an awesome head and slap a big green body on him to go along with it"

I think that the lack of detail in sculpt, paint and overall wow factor is evident on the rest if the figure and that's what's bothering me and making me feel it is boring

Because I'm a hulk fan I have lots of hulks from hasbro etc there's no question this is better than all but it's not the best it could be and that's what kind of makes me feel a little underwhelmed with it.

It's big but that doesn't mean it's amazing automatically.

Someone else said why I'm surprised when I knew all along that this was all it was and I think it's the same reasonig I'm sorry by the prototypes look much better. Even the head to me it's less elongated and the body looks a lot more realistic both in paint and lack of overall rubberness look. The realism is what's lacking I think I think it goes deeper than just the chest hair paint.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you're familiar with painting and whatnot, but it's really easy to just lightly dry brush some black paint onto his chest and it will bring out the detail on the chest hair if it bugs you. I did it on mine and while it's subtle, it's more visually consistent with the rest of the figure.

First time I can say I've ever painted a happy trail.

Cool crow I'd love to see how it turned out. Do u have pics?

I do paint and in my opinion dry brushing should have been the tactic thy used instead of the black washing. That being said a step further should have been an overall tonal wash and then painting the individual hairs. They did this on the wolverine body which is rubber also and much much smaller and looks way better. They even painted hairs on his legs but ill admit it does look a bit odd like he shaved his legs and the stubble is growing back lol.

I'm surprised nitpickers haven't been complaining about the nipples being too small. lol

Ya know, I wasn't gonna say anything, but now that you mentioned it...nothing that a couple green eraserheads couldn't fix!

I keed, I keed!:monkey3 I couldn't resist, especially after reading these posts from people that found this figure so horribly lacking but bought it anyway.

Temptation got the better of me and I broke it lol... I'm sad :(

Oh Shhhhhhiiiiiittt! Sorry man!

Im so stupid for not preordering this...... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Oh Shhhhhhiiiiiittt! Sorry man!

I think the figure suffers from a bit of an approach of "lets make an awesome head and slap a big green body on him to go along with it"

I was impressed at how they made the hard plastic base under the skin so solid and heavy while allowing for the skin to be so form fitting as to not look like a layer of soft rubber. There's texturing over every square inch of the body (save for the upper legs and waist) and joints that don't stick out nearly as much as they do on the regular 12 inch figures. I don't see how you can say they phoned it in. Take the clothing off all your regular HT figures then get back to me! :lol

Someone else said why I'm surprised when I knew all along that this was all it was and I think it's the same reasonig I'm sorry by the prototypes look much better. Even the head to me it's less elongated and the body looks a lot more realistic both in paint and lack of overall rubberness look. The realism is what's lacking I think I think it goes deeper than just the chest hair paint.

That was me! :wave

We were past prototype pics a few months ago. So far, the various review pics look just like what I got. :dunno

Last edited:
Back