1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No specials, it's just the first opportunity to get stuff. In the past I think there were fewer people there on Wed night. But when we went last year it was a mad house, felt like it was Saturday afternoon inside the exhibit area. So we decided to save a few bucks and not go this year on Wed. But we'll be there every other day. Mainly doing Hall H but will obviously take in all of the exhibit hall too.

I am going to fly 8000 over miles to attend the convention and it is my first time. Looking forward to a great exhibition next month!

We'll be there every day except Wed night. I'll be taking lots of photos. ;)

Thanks in advance. I'm on the east coast and will probably never be able to attend.

My biggest question with HT now is what are the noticable differences, in hand, between the diecast mms and regular mms? Maybe you'll be able to tell in person whats plastic and whats diecast.

Someone in Singapore saw the Mark XVII at one of the events there and posted he thought it seemed like the armor was diecast and the internal parts were plastic.

I am going to fly 8000 over miles to attend the convention and it is my first time. Looking forward to a great exhibition next month!

Wow that is awesome! Just as long as you know in advanced how big, crowded and long the lines are you'll be fine. Get in as early as you can in the morning before the convention floor fills up. After about 11-12 it's pretty darn full.

Being your first time, you're probably just coming for the experience, but is there anything in particular that you are coming to do or see?

To all of you attending comic con this year for the first time, how did you manage to do it? I swear, I had three laptop (hardwired) and an iPad all ready to go. My down and up speeds are not all that bad (40 mbp's). And at 9:00 am sharp everything went to hell, connection froze, and that was that. Any advice as to how to do it next year?

To all of you attending comic con this year for the first time, how did you manage to do it? I swear, I had three laptop (hardwired) and an iPad all ready to go. My down and up speeds are not all that bad (40 mbp's). And at 9:00 am sharp everything went to hell, connection froze, and that was that. Any advice as to how to do it next year?

I'm in the same boat as you, and now im gonna have to pay double to get in this year.

It's really too bad that it's gotten too big, and there are so many people who would love to attend but can't.

I've only been into super hero stuff and going to SDCC for 5 years now (mainly due to having a Son), but it seems to me that all of the comic cons are getting bigger and bigger. I think comic stuff is growing leaps and bounds over the last few years.

This isn't my first time to Comic-Con, but my screens did freeze and I wasn't able to get in. Luckily my phone did, but it froze and my number didn't change. So I took a screenshot and e-mailed them. They replied and I was able to get tickets during priority resale.

But they really should look into how to be better prepared for next year. I mean they Must know their system sucks but they don't care.

Part of the problem is, it has grown too much too quickly. I've been going for 5 years now and I'm pretty sure the ticket purchasing process has changed every year. There are SO many people trying to buy a finite number of tickets, and clearly the only way to do it fairly is through the internet....which crashes their servers every year.

One of these years they'll go with Ticketmaster and although nothing will crash, we'll all end up paying $20 / day in "service charges".

Two years ago, you could buy tickets for the 2012 SDCC at 2011 SDCC. But to do so, you had to line up outside of a hotel very early in the morning and spend several hours waiting. I did that, got there at 5am and got my tix at around 8:30-8:45?

It SUCKED having to get up so early and spend so much time down there just to get tickets....BUT, it was nice to have peace of mind knowing that I already was set for next year.

Then in 2012 they didn't do that, everything was online. So I didn't have to waste 4 hours down there buying tickets, BUT i was a nervous wreck trying to get them online. I did get them, and only spend about an hour, and was in the comfort of my own home.....but there was something to be said for having them before the previous con was over.

One day I'd love to attend SDCC. So far, the only cons I've attended are Motor City, Wizard World/Chicago Comicon, G-Fest, Pittsburgh Comicon, and Mid-Ohio.

SDCC is great because of its magnatude, and for the huge movie panels....oh and because it's the ONLY con that Sideshow attends (their booth is amazing). But other than that, we enjoy Wondercon, Comikaze and even Long Beach Comic Con as much or more. The shopping is better at the smaller cons, unless you are a collector / flipper who buys the SDCC exclusive stuff.

Part of the problem is, it has grown too much too quickly. I've been going for 5 years now and I'm pretty sure the ticket purchasing process has changed every year. There are SO many people trying to buy a finite number of tickets, and clearly the only way to do it fairly is through the internet....which crashes their servers every year.

One of these years they'll go with Ticketmaster and although nothing will crash, we'll all end up paying $20 / day in "service charges".

Two years ago, you could buy tickets for the 2012 SDCC at 2011 SDCC. But to do so, you had to line up outside of a hotel very early in the morning and spend several hours waiting. I did that, got there at 5am and got my tix at around 8:30-8:45?

It SUCKED having to get up so early and spend so much time down there just to get tickets....BUT, it was nice to have peace of mind knowing that I already was set for next year.

Then in 2012 they didn't do that, everything was online. So I didn't have to waste 4 hours down there buying tickets, BUT i was a nervous wreck trying to get them online. I did get them, and only spend about an hour, and was in the comfort of my own home.....but there was something to be said for having them before the previous con was over.
Online sales made me real nervous because I don't have a great connection. But, it was also nice that I got to actually enjoy SDCC instead of using my Thursday morning waiting to buy tix. I enjoyed SDCC immensely but when it was over, I was freaking out because I usually have tix before the end of show. 2010 and every year before, you could just walk up and buy them. Because preview night sold out in 2010, it made the tix sales each year after exponentially more stressful and in demand. 2011, you had to wait in line for hours. I remember the line wrapped around the marina and then back around!
I liked how 2013 sales gave 2012 attendees a chance to buy tix first before allowing everyone to buy a tix. I'm always hoping that they created some kind of system that would track the number of years you've gone consecutively and offer a membership to those who've gone 5 years in a row or more. Where you can easily renew your dues by a specified date, Like a Costco membership, and not have to worry about purchasing tix. Honestly, a small minority of people fit this criteria and it wouldn't eat up all the tix.
Preview night is helpful if there is 1 or 2 must have exclusives that you need to get. It frees up time for other days. Most people make the mistake of trying to get all their exclusives on Preview Night and end up spending more time in line then they should. Last year I got a Cave Johnson portal gun, Thorin Weta statue, and signed hobbit print in the first half hour. The rest of the time I checked the rest of the floor and spotted deals in the merchant area while others were standing in line. It was almost like a tactical strike.
Personally, I love SDCC and will go every year till I die,if possible. It truly is something special. I can't wait! :yess:

Back