1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody please talk me out of ordering this. It ships free right now and I have a $25 code to use so I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger. It would look great next to iron patriot

No can do. The figure is amazing. I'm not even the biggest Iron Man or Marvel fan and prefer Iron Man to be more red but this figure is unbelievable. I wouldn't say it's my favorite figure in my collection but it's probably the most impressive. Free shipping and $25 off? Go for it!

A hawk that doesn't see very well, apparently. :panic:

I'm sure there will be more. I was kinda surprised at the high price tag. Isn't there a Stark one similar that sells for like $35?

No can do. The figure is amazing. I'm not even the biggest Iron Man or Marvel fan and prefer Iron Man to be more red but this figure is unbelievable. I wouldn't say it's my favorite figure in my collection but it's probably the most impressive. Free shipping and $25 off? Go for it!

The guy who complained about a $5 milkshake is encouraging me to spend $300 on a toy :lol. Seriously though thanks for your input Vincent, the purchase is going to be made. Was going to wait for a 20% off code but I kind of doubt that the price will be slashed on this one because it seems to be selling well. Who knows? Hopefully I can restrain myself from buying the upcoming mark III.

The guy who complained about a $5 milkshake is encouraging me to spend $300 on a toy :lol. Seriously though thanks for your input Vincent, the purchase is going to be made. Was going to wait for a 20% off code but I kind of doubt that the price will be slashed on this one because it seems to be selling well. Who knows? Hopefully I can restrain myself from buying the upcoming mark III.

It was $5 for a milkshake for a woman I couldn't sleep with at the end of the night. Damn right I pissed about that. Then she has the nerve to snort my coke without even asking first. Women. :dunno

T...Was going to wait for a 20% off code but I kind of doubt that the price will be slashed on this one because it seems to be selling well. Who knows? Hopefully I can restrain myself from buying the upcoming mark III.

I am seriously pleased with my recently acquired Mk42.. think you will be too.

I like seeing this thread now, before I got my figure (finally) last week..., every time I saw an update on this thread had updated I was like 'WHERE'S MY DAMN FIGURE?!?' Now I have it I'm just curious to see who else is talking about such a great figure..., it does wonders for the stress levels when you finally get something after waiting 19 months for it to turn up. lol ;)

It was $5 for a milkshake for a woman I couldn't sleep with at the end of the night. Damn right I pissed about that. Then she has the nerve to snort my coke without even asking first. Women. :dunno

I was wondering what the hell you were going on and on about until I saw your name. Nicely done.

giphy.gif

I like seeing this thread now, before I got my figure (finally) last week..., every time I saw an update on this thread had updated I was like 'WHERE'S MY DAMN FIGURE?!?' Now I have it I'm just curious to see who else is talking about such a great figure..., it does wonders for the stress levels when you finally get something after waiting 19 months for it to turn up. lol ;)

Grats on the acquisition! :hi5:

I folded and ended up getting mine direct from Sideshow.. because Forbidden Planet(.com) moved their eta to 20th December, I suspected that close to Xmas, actually meant January.. a week after mine arrived from the US, FP had stock...
:slap

Grats on the acquisition! :hi5:

I folded and ended up getting mine direct from Sideshow.. because Forbidden Planet(.com) moved their eta to 20th December, I suspected that close to Xmas, actually meant January.. a week after mine arrived from the US, FP had stock...
:slap

Thanks..., I've been noticing more & more recently that Forbidden Planet are not only getting things pretty late but also they've lost their competitive pricing, there are many other retailers in the UK now that out price them & it's a real shame..., I used to order quite a bit from Forbidden Planet but now I don't even bother looking at their website anymore, I still get the news letter & see the prices of new preorders, that says stay away to me. lol ;) I think I've got 4 items left on preorder with them & they are all Doctor Who maxi busts that've had their release dates pushed back so many times, I doubt they'll ever be released. :( Once they get cancelled, that'll be it for me, unless they some how change the excessive prices.

Thanks..., I've been noticing more & more recently that Forbidden Planet are not only getting things pretty late but also they've lost their competitive pricing, there are many other retailers in the UK now that out price them & it's a real shame..., I used to order quite a bit from Forbidden Planet but now I don't even bother looking at their website anymore, I still get the news letter & see the prices of new preorders, that says stay away to me. lol ;) I think I've got 4 items left on preorder with them & they are all Doctor Who maxi busts that've had their release dates pushed back so many times, I doubt they'll ever be released. :( Once they get cancelled, that'll be it for me, unless they some how change the excessive prices.

Fair point.. FP let me down on a couple of figures. back in the day.. to be honest, I think they had been short shipped stock, but it made me nervous that I might place a pre-order and yet still have to go to the secondary market.. I do still place pre-orders with them, because FP do not require a deposit, but I then make a decision closer to the expected shipping date, whether or not to leave the order in place.

I just had the NECA 1/4 Joker figure and a Titans 6.5inch Eternal Dalek vinyl figure delivered from them, which I pre-ordered awhile back and I'm pleased with both..I guess along with no deposit pre-orders, the sheer range of products they stock is part of the appeal.. but I agree you can find cheaper deals.

I think FP's current pricing, probably reflects their additional costs in bricks and mortar shops, which was a slightly odd business choice.. I would have expected them to keep the 'Flagship' store in London and do everything else via their website and a warehouse located somewhere inexpensive.. to keep costs to a minimum.

Fair point.. FP let me down on a couple of figures. back in the day.. to be honest, I think they had been short shipped stock, but it made me nervous that I might place a pre-order and yet still have to go to the secondary market.. I do still place pre-orders with them, because FP do not require a deposit, but I then make a decision closer to the expected shipping date, whether or not to leave the order in place.

I just had the NECA 1/4 Joker figure and a Titans 6.5inch Eternal Dalek vinyl figure delivered from them, which I pre-ordered awhile back and I'm pleased with both..I guess along with no deposit pre-orders, the sheer range of products they stock is part of the appeal.. but I agree you can find cheaper deals.

I think FP's current pricing, probably reflects their additional costs in bricks and mortar shops, which was a slightly odd business choice.. I would have expected them to keep the 'Flagship' store in London and do everything else via their website and a warehouse located somewhere inexpensive.. to keep costs to a minimum.

I tend to preorder most of my stuff from Collectibles Direct, you do have to make a 10% deposit but I've never had any problems & have been buying stuff from them for several years now..., it depends on what I'm buying though, ordersixtysixtoys.co.uk is a good one for figures & there's no deposit needed with them & a new one that's caught my attention recently is moviefigures.co.uk & they stock all sorts, statues included..., there's always Amazon.com too, I've ordered many a thing from them & they sort out import charges for you which is good, get my orders within a week usually & they are cheaper than buying from retailers in the UK (mainly new Gentle Giant statues & mini-busts). Just got to shop around though I guess, even forbiddenplanet.co.uk can be cheaper to buy from than the .com website (sometimes). Do you shop anywhere else for your collectibles?

I tend to preorder most of my stuff from Collectibles Direct, you do have to make a 10% deposit but I've never had any problems & have been buying stuff from them for several years now..., it depends on what I'm buying though, ordersixtysixtoys.co.uk is a good one for figures & there's no deposit needed with them & a new one that's caught my attention recently is moviefigures.co.uk & they stock all sorts, statues included..., there's always Amazon.com too, I've ordered many a thing from them & they sort out import charges for you which is good, get my orders within a week usually & they are cheaper than buying from retailers in the UK (mainly new Gentle Giant statues & mini-busts). Just got to shop around though I guess, even forbiddenplanet.co.uk can be cheaper to buy from than the .com website (sometimes). Do you shop anywhere else for your collectibles?

I buy from quite a range of sources.. the last couple of new Mezco Universal Monsters figures, I picked up from Ebay.. and sometimes certain items are only available from a limited number of outlets, X-Plus Godzilla figures are a good example.. but I tend to be extremely cautious about deposits for high cost figures, with a very long lead time between announcement and shipping.. like Hot Toys.

I buy from quite a range of sources.. the last couple of new Mezco Universal Monsters figures, I picked up from Ebay.. and sometimes certain items are only available from a limited number of outlets, X-Plus Godzilla figures are a good example.. but I tend to be extremely cautious about deposits for high cost figures, with a very long lead time between announcement and shipping.. like Hot Toys.

I like eBay for bargains or long since sold out items, many of my mini-busts came from eBay. :) I know what you mean about being nervous about deposits, at least 3 retailers I can think of off hand have gone bust whilst I've been collecting & many people have lost money from it..., it took me a lot of research & talking to the owner of Collectibles Direct before I felt comfortable enough to buy from them, now I don't hesitate at all..., I've bought well over 100 collectibles from them over the last few years & have a fair few preorders with them too, never had cause to worry.

Back