1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understandable really, it is a very nice figure..., I've only had it a day & although I'm not one to play with these collectibles, I must admit I found checking out all of the moveable parts on the suit a fascinating experience (I'm easily pleased)..., all of the Iron Man suits are great though, currently I'd say War Machine is still my personal favourite, that may change though as some collectibles tend to grow on me the longer I have them. :)

It's a marvel in small-scale engineering, like a fine watch. I suspect one of the reasons for the delays was the intricate, complicated shoulder articulation.

Finally got this mk42!

Congrats!

Understandable really, it is a very nice figure..., I've only had it a day & although I'm not one to play with these collectibles, I must admit I found checking out all of the moveable parts on the suit a fascinating experience (I'm easily pleased)..., all of the Iron Man suits are great though, currently I'd say War Machine is still my personal favourite, that may change though as some collectibles tend to grow on me the longer I have them. :)

It is really the best IM suit :clap this new diecast line is something else, hopefully we'll get many more diecast suits

It is really the best IM suit :clap this new diecast line is something else, hopefully we'll get many more diecast suits

I'm hoping the mark 3 diecast suit will mean the other earlier suits will get the same treatment, Hot Toys have hinted at it but you never know I guess..., I'm pretty sure the mark 43 will be made in the diecast format at least though. :)

After this beauty, I am committed to IM diecast. I will happily get MKS 1-7 if remade in diecast and the new 43. Once you go diecast you don't go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After this beauty, I am committed to IM diecast. I will happily get MKS 1-7 if remade in diecast and the new 43. Once you go diecast you don't go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy all diecast if it was an option..., there are some suits that are only ever going to be plastic though I think & for that reason only I'm still open to the plastic versions. :)

I'm hoping the mark 3 diecast suit will mean the other earlier suits will get the same treatment, Hot Toys have hinted at it but you never know I guess..., I'm pretty sure the mark 43 will be made in the diecast format at least though. :)

sure. use the same body, the same color material, just paint it a little differently!
and here it comes, the mark 43! pre-orders fully subscribed in a few days as usual.
easy money for hot toys!

It's a marvel in small-scale engineering, like a fine watch. I suspect one of the reasons for the delays was the intricate, complicated shoulder articulation.

Congrats!

Yeah, it's amazing they're able to get so much movement outside of this figure. For the movie Downy only wore built bits of the suit at any one time, didn't he? Most of it is cgi so they're able to cheat and make it move in all sorts of ways it actually couldn't. Hot Toys went the distance and made it work while still looking incredible. It's such a complicated figure with so many pieces the price tag is more than justified. Really impressive work.

The mk42 was my first IM suit, now I'm afraid to invest in any of the earlier suits that were made of plastic components, some of them look fantastic but I'm skeptical of how they will feel on hand in comparison to the DC series which is the only one I've held in hand...lol

sure. use the same body, the same color material, just paint it a little differently!
and here it comes, the mark 43! pre-orders fully subscribed in a few days as usual.
easy money for hot toys!

It does look like the mark 43 is just painted a little differently than the mark 42..., there must be more to it than that though, no suit is exactly the same..., is it? I'll buy it regardless though, it looks good. :)

The mk42 was my first IM suit, now I'm afraid to invest in any of the earlier suits that were made of plastic components, some of them look fantastic but I'm skeptical of how they will feel on hand in comparison to the DC series which is the only one I've held in hand...lol

"Feel" is sort of irrelevant when they are displayed 90% of the time, no?

Somebody please talk me out of ordering this. It ships free right now and I have a $25 code to use so I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger. It would look great next to iron patriot

HT is doing Gordon and friggin' Blake yet we still don't have a Pepper! :monkey4

dcf6f4dd-7c30-4fd6-962d-1a93305ad8a9_zpsf7329b1d.jpg

What's the story with this headsculpt? Is it still for sale anywhere?

Back