1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need some glow in the dark tattoos and some E and it’s party stark

d36b19d3afc90d3c15bc5126e1aede50.jpg

Definately not as impressive under normal lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does look better under blacklights.View attachment 416244

don't like how clearly it reflects the light source. with the right setup, this could look really good, but this is definitely a pass for me especially at diecast prices. this and the mark ii diecast are the only iron man figures so far that i'll be skipping since i started collecting.

edit - forgot i passed on the retro bones as well.

don't like how clearly it reflects the light source. with the right setup, this could look really good, but this is definitely a pass for me especially at diecast prices. this and the mark ii diecast are the only iron man figures so far that i'll be skipping since i started collecting.

edit - forgot i passed on the retro bones as well.

I passed on Retro Bones as well, I’m still getting the Mark II but I’m totally on the fence with this one. I could make a stealth shelf with my other Ironman figs and add a small black light just to that shelf. Otherwise I don’t know what else I’d do with it...looks kinda bland standing alone.

I was pumped about this one until I saw it in natural light. Definitely not as much of a fan anymore.

The question now is do I preorder the die cast mark IV or try to find a diecast mark VI at a reasonable price........

The colouring takes away all of the detail of the MK4 suit. I doubt this will make it to SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy in Shanghai spoke to the Disney store and it will be available on July 16th to the public there. Exclusive Disney club has access to buy this till the 15th at 2380 RMB which is $358USD and that is the club member price. They would not say if that would be the release price on 16th but the price is pretty high and around the same as the gold flake Midas exclusive the Shanghai store had a few years back which Sideshow did not get. This could be an Asia only release.

I should have mine in a week, I'm going to build a shadow box frame for a black light to drop in and display it. Looks damned awesome lit up.

I should have mine in a week, I'm going to build a shadow box frame for a black light to drop in and display it. Looks damned awesome lit up.

Seems like the Mk7 Stealth, under the right display and lighting looks awesome, but definitely can't be displayed just any old shelf

Seems like the Mk7 Stealth, under the right display and lighting looks awesome, but definitely can't be displayed just any old shelf

Mark VII stealth I think fits into a normal display much better. Under the same lighting you use for the other figures, you can see some nice paint details. This thing looks like it has the same black throughout the whole figure.

Here's my Mark VII stealth to show what I mean - not the greatest photo, but it shows the paint variations fairly well.DSC02070.jpg

Every new picture is convincing me not to bother with this release… without the black light, it just looks off.

And unlike Black Panther, when there is no black light, at least there is the new head sculpt and noticeable details
to make the figure worth it. Here… not so much.

Wait, this diecast Mark 4 is in the same scale as the Mark 7 stealth according to the comparison video, which means Mark 4 Diecast will not be in the new mark 5/6 scale but the mark 2 and 3 scale?

Edit: Yup he compared it to the new Mark 6 and they are not in the same scale. It's interesting how it's only slightly smaller vs the mark 6. Not as pronounced as the mark 2/3.

Last edited:
Wait, this diecast Mark 4 is in the same scale as the Mark 7 stealth according to the comparison video, which means Mark 4 Diecast will not be in the new mark 5/6 scale but the mark 2 and 3 scale?

what are you talking about? the very first thing the guy compares is the diecast mk 6...

edit:^ they are literally the exact same figure, what are you talking about?

What do you mean the mark 4 and the mark 6 are the exact same figure?

Also look at the video closely. The Mark 4 Tech noir is exactly the same height as the old stealth plastic mark 7 and ends up slightly shorter than the mark 6 diecast side by side.

What do you mean the mark 4 and the mark 6 are the exact same figure?

Also look at the video closely. The Mark 4 Tech noir is exactly the same height as the old stealth plastic mark 7 and ends up slightly shorter than the mark 6 diecast side by side.

theyre the exact same figure with different chest plates. Mk 6, mk 4 and this neon mk 4 all share the exact same body

Surely this is us being trolled, right? It’s exactly the same dimensions as the die-cast Mk VI, just a different chest plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's just the angel it's shot where the mark 6 diecast looks slightly taller.

Anyways, to those who doesn't understand Chinese. He said

1. Figure looks like plastic due to the high gloss paint.
2. It's a finger print magnet and also very easily prone to scratches.
3. Disappointed that HT didn't provide any UV light.
4. Was not a fan of the internals painted all black which lacks distinction.
5. Box and figure looks amazingly cool under UV
6. Overall, only buy if it's retail. Doesn't look good under normal lighting conditions but looks very cool under UV.

Last edited:
Back