1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see all these random designs they're coming up with for repaints, and all I can think of are the full holographic iron man prototypes that showed up awhile ago that never made it to mass release. I've always had a big fascination with toys with translucent parts. These showed up before I got as deep into this hobby as I am now, so I really don't know the story behind them, but I can say it was one of the things that drew me closer... I'm still kinda bummed that nothing ever came of them because i'd love to own both.

8623005105_11cbe274e0_b.jpg
Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-1-Holographic.jpg

I see all these random designs they're coming up with for repaints, and all I can think of are the full holographic iron man prototypes that showed up awhile ago that never made it to mass release. I've always had a big fascination with toys with translucent parts. These showed up before I got as deep into this hobby as I am now, so I really don't know the story behind them, but I can say it was one of the things that drew me closer... I'm still kinda bummed that nothing ever came of them because i'd love to own both.

View attachment 415653
View attachment 415654

Those were pieces done by Artists commissioned by Hot toys, that wasnt Hot toys showing prototypes

View attachment 415653
View attachment 415654

Very cool, remind me of my old Micronauts back in the seventies. Loved those figures.

any new details on if this thing will be up for pre-order? (or any buying format other than the two main ones discussed online)

Ehh... I’ll wait for cooler odd variations of the die cast VII down the road.

Yeah Id rather buy an extra mk 7 than this guy, I would die for e redo of the mk 4 secret project on this new body though, miss that figure so damn much

The more I see it, the less I like it to be honest..

I agree, without the black light, this looks very bland. all the cool details on the figure just get lost with this paint job. I'm not going to set up lighting for just one figure. In the $200 range, I may be interested - but at premium diecast prices, I'll probably have to pass on this one.

I am torn on this piece, I swore off variants of Iron Man a while ago,
and at Diecast prices being what they are… I don't think I am getting this guy.
Can't really think of anywhere he fits into my collection (unless I buy a Hot Toys Light Cycle, lol).

For what its worth, I just spoke with a SS CSR and they said that Hot Toys hasn't told them that they will be distributing it yet and they wont be selling it at SDCC. Pretty much what they told me last week too. So this looks like a hurry up and wait situation.

I most definitely want this figure but its 100% retail price cool, not Ebay price cool haha.

I couldn't agree more here. I love the detailing on the original Mark IV armor. I really want the diecast Mark IV that is supposed to be released in Q4, but I am deterred because it doesn't appear to come with a flight stand. Anyone know anything more on this?

Back