1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I was looking at this offering in a diff way. I just see the supplier as providing another choice to the consumer. Ppl are always complaining about HT prices. Well, this is clearly a cheaper alternative to the other hall of armor piece. It's just another choice you have as a consumer. however, for me, there would be an issue if these are priced too high. In theory, these should be pretty cheap in cost. I think a bridge could be burned if they ask too much for these.

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I was looking at this offering in a diff way. I just see the supplier as providing another choice to the consumer. Ppl are always complaining about HT prices. Well, this is clearly a cheaper alternative to the other hall of armor piece. It's just another choice you have as a consumer. however, for me, there would be an issue if these are priced too high. In theory, these should be pretty cheap in cost. I think a bridge could be burned if they ask too much for these.

$60 dollars for a cut out styrofoam koosie.

I was guessing $40.

It's not just Styrofoam, it has a plastic base, back light up piece, and top light. Though $60 is a little much

Well look at this way there are a couple of Toy Fairs this weekend, if they don't appear at SDCC they are bound to be at the HK one so by this time next week fingers crossed questions will have been asked and answered with reps and we will know a little more.

At that point those of us who don't want them can move on and those who do can wait for them to hit the shelves.

Well look at this way there are a couple of Toy Fairs this weekend, if they don't appear at SDCC they are bound to be at the HK one so by this time next week fingers crossed questions will have been asked and answered with reps and we will know a little more.

At that point those of us who don't want them can move on and those who do can wait for them to hit the shelves.

I may go dark for a week, so I can prepare myself for the flood of information thats about to come this week

I'd possibly be interested in a few of these depending on what they're made of and the price.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who thinks that these are absolutely brilliant? And here's why:

Here in HK a single original hall of armor costs around $1150 HKD. To put that into perspective I paid around the same for my Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow Figure. For this reason, I could never justify paying that amount because I would much rather have another figure than a hall of armor. If these do in fact turn out to be Styrofoam and the price is reasonable, say $250-$300HKD for each then I would happily pay that for a lesser quality display as long as it stood up structurally. Personally I wouldn't tinker too much with the display so as long as they look decent from a normal viewing distance, why not? My figures are always displayed in a dimly lit environment and I think that these would vastly improve the look of my iron man collection for a low price. I've been collecting Iron Man figures since MK1 so if I had to spend for a hall that consisted of constantly growing armors it would cost me an arm and a leg. Hopefully this turns out to be just the thing I'm looking for. Granted the price hasn't been announced yet, nor the materials, and this may all end up being a bout of wishful thinking, but isn't having two choices always better than one? Then again, there's always the third choice of not buying either of the releases.

Choice is always a good thing.

Here's hoping that the prices are reasonable. :pray:

EDIT: I think that triangle piece is optionally used to create an curve when two armors halls are placed adjacent to one another, so that the display can be straight across or curved.

Am I the only one who thinks that these are absolutely brilliant? And here's why:

Here in HK a single original hall of armor costs around $1150 HKD. To put that into perspective I paid around the same for my Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow Figure. For this reason, I could never justify paying that amount because I would much rather have another figure than a hall of armor. If these do in fact turn out to be Styrofoam and the price is reasonable, say $250-$300HKD for each then I would happily pay that for a lesser quality display as long as it stood up structurally. Personally I wouldn't tinker too much with the display so as long as they look decent from a normal viewing distance, why not? My figures are always displayed in a dimly lit environment and I think that these would vastly improve the look of my iron man collection for a low price. I've been collecting Iron Man figures since MK1 so if I had to spend for a hall that consisted of constantly growing armors it would cost me an arm and a leg. Hopefully this turns out to be just the thing I'm looking for. Granted the price hasn't been announced yet, nor the materials, and this may all end up being a bout of wishful thinking, but isn't having two choices always better than one? Then again, there's always the third choice of not buying either of the releases.

Choice is always a good thing.

Here's hoping that the prices are reasonable. :pray:

EDIT: I think that triangle piece is optionally used to create an curve when two armors halls are placed adjacent to one another, so that the display can be straight across or curved.
Indeed you are the only one.

Indeed you are the only one.

That's not entirely accurate
that-s-not-entirely-accurate-o.gif

Back