1/6 Hot Toys - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi -Han Solo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you hedging that Hot Toys is not making Bespin Han? Is that why you’re getting 3 ROTJ Hans?

The figure looks better in MRC’s Secret Base video than the promo pics, the wrinkles not as pronounced. I’m guessing the final product will get slightly softer too.
No, after this, I definitely think they will do bespin han eventually. This is hot toys MO. Release the less desirable version first, like aotc C3po before an ot one. Get us all to bite, then produce the better version. Howard will squeeze us for every cent. If bespin came out first, the demand for this figure wouldn’t be as high. I’d get 3 no matter what, but some people would just go with bespin.

I’m mostly an ot collector and I want his 3 looks in rotj. Trench coat, vest, and jabbas prisoner to go with the ss skiff lando. I bought 2 endor leia also, one for poncho and one without. I’m sick and need an intervention.

No, after this, I definitely think they will do bespin han eventually. This is hot toys MO. Release the less desirable version first, like aotc C3po before an ot one. Get us all to bite, then produce the better version. Howard will squeeze us for every cent. If bespin came out first, the demand for this figure wouldn’t be as high. I’d get 3 no matter what, but some people would just go with bespin.

I’m mostly an ot collector and I want his 3 looks in rotj. Trench coat, vest, and jabbas prisoner to go with the ss skiff lando. I bought 2 endor leia also, one for poncho and one without. I’m sick and need an intervention.
Exactly my thoughts on the release schedule. Put out a less needed Han for all of us crying for one then drop the Bespin grail. HT MO all the way.

To me it seems like there must still be some challenges with Ford even though we’re starting to get figures. The fact that the DOD Indy took months to go up for pre-order makes me think Hot Toys had some challenges.

Whether he charges a lot to use his likeness or just is stubborn about giving it out to companies or what. I feel like they probably would have done this for the ROTJ 40th Anniversary but there must have been some hangups.
The delay of the Indiana Jones was due to licensing issues with the backpack. In the film, the backpack used was an actual branded pack that was not approved by the company that makes the pack, the backpack company filed suit with Disney.

I’ll probably PO this, but as others has said, this is probably my least liked look for the scoundrel. A really strange decision to go for the ROJ version by HT. Majority of collectors have been crying out for an ESB version for years, which I’m sure would be one of HT most purchased releases. Has anyone got any likely reasons why they’ve gone “ left field “ with this? Maybe there testing the water with the characters present popularity, before finally giving us the grail ESB version 🤷🏼‍♂️
My guess is they know Bespin Han will sell after this one but maybe not the other way around. People are much more likely to go for this Han AND Bespin Han later because of the lack of Solo figures for the past several years. Just my opinion...

If they release an updated ANH Han in addition to the Bespin and it looks as good as this I’d jump all over it.

20200708_075711.gif

I think this Han sculpt is an excellent representation of a very questionable choice of reference.

It’s not bad per se, just odd.

Couldn't have described it any better than this...

As happy as I am that HT has finally stepped back to Han, I think this is a pass for me (but my mind could be changed). I don't think I need another Han in basically the same ANH outfit with a coat and a different collar on the shirt. I think the sculpt is an improvement, but the hair kills it (and I'm already using the Jnix custom on my ANH Han). Some in-hand shots could change this perspective, however...

Last edited:
Po'd for about the same price as sideshow, postage included. Will take longer to get locally but that isn't a problem for me! Bring on young Indy next HT, he's also long overdue !!

Back