1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As many have mentioned, it's inevitable that HT will not pass up the chance to offer up another Luke here.
Here's hoping it features:

• New head sculpt with likeness as seen in BOBF episode and featuring separate eye movement
  • Black Jedi Master Training gear featuring black wrap-around tunic, pants, leg wraps and soft shoes in style influenced by his clothing from Tatooine
  • Grogu featuring soft-goods robe and articulated body
  • Lightsaber hilt with removable green blade
  • 6 paddy frog creatures
  • Hinged box containing Master Yoda's lightsaber hilt (also removable green blade)
  • Mandalorian "gift" (beskar chainmail wrapped in patterned cloth)
  • Training remote with stand
  • Environment stand depicting grassy terrain and bamboo stalks
  • 3 pair of swap out hands (3 Blacked gloved)
  • hard cardboard backdrop depicting interior of new Jedi School
I'm sure some folks could come up with other features as well...but we will see this figure offered for PO in some configuration, probably by summer.

Isn't it the way!

Grogu in backpack. When there is a Grogu, it's a seller and also no-brainer. HT will do that.

So, definitive Luke figure?

1644015049745.png

I can't wait until a black kimono w/Grogu Luke is released. This version resonated much more with me than the invincible rescuer we saw in the Mando Season 2 finale.

Last edited:
Yeah I've always had a hard time loving that Mando scene quite as much others do, as it just feels a little too much like something out of a SW fanfilm or videogame, where characters are pulling off a bunch of super-slick, badass action moves that don't feel at all like what we've seen them do onscreen before.

The Luke in this episode though felt much truer to the spirit of what we saw in the movies, with much less of that showing off he did on Mando.

Last edited:
I can't wait until a black kimono w/Grogu Luke is released. This version resonated much more with me than the invincible rescuer we saw in the Mando Season 2 finale.

Yeah I've always had a hard time loving that Mando scene quite as much others do, as it just feels a little too much like something out of a SW fanfilm or videogame, where characters are pulling off a bunch of super-slick, badass action moves that don't feel at all like what we've seen them do onscreen before.

The Luke in this episode though felt much truer to the spirit of what we saw in the movies, with much less of that showing off he did on Mando.

I didn’t feel this way at all. All Luke did in the Mando S2 Finale was to use The Force to map out blind spots in the Dark Troopers’ sensory tracking algorithms so he essentially appeared as a shadow to them. Once that was done, it was no more than slicing up tin cans in his path. No superhuman skills required other than next level attunement to the Force that Luke has been working to perfect since the end of ROTJ.

And Luke’s, and others’ Force wielding abilities are EXACTLY why Gideon was so desperate to use Grogu to tap into these powers! And this was also the reason for the look of utter terror that was written in Gideon’s eyes when he realized who had come to his personal light cruiser that day! His Dark Troopers could be the face of horror and power to most of the Galaxy he wanted to rule, but to skilled Force wielders, they were nothing more than litter on the trail.

Luke’s seaming ease in dispatching the Dark Troopers was PRECISELY what the story required to illustrate why Gideon was so passionately in pursuit of understanding and weaponizing Force ability.

You’re Welcome 😇

Last edited:

Never seen Jedi take out droids in a corridor onscreen previously?
tumblr_c03f664f6ce4e5087c7c0f2953881e73_caca689c_640.gif

Hey there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting Luke to be a one-dimensional video game killing machine or to randomly just invent notions like him "using the Force to map out blind spots in the Dark Troopers’ sensory tracking algorithms so he essentially appeared as a shadow to them." In fact Mark Hamill himself prefers "video game" Luke. ;)

Some of us just like it when he's more of an extension of the George Lucas created imperfect hero that we saw in the OT.

In all seriousness it was fun to watch him slice through droids just like TPM Obi-Wan and Qui Gon and he is definitely tempting to pick up in figure form. I'm just looking forward to BOBF Luke and Grogu even more.

Hey there's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting Luke to be a one-dimensional video game killing machine or to randomly just invent notions like him "using the Force to map out blind spots in the Dark Troopers’ sensory tracking algorithms so he essentially appeared as a shadow to them." In fact Mark Hamill himself prefers "video game" Luke. ;)

Some of us just like it when he's more of an extension of the George Lucas created imperfect hero that we saw in the OT.

In all seriousness it was fun to watch him slice through droids just like TPM Obi-Wan and Qui Gon and he is definitely tempting to pick up in figure form. I'm just looking forward to BOBF Luke and Grogu even more.

That’s cool, Khev! I have no issue with this take on things, but I don’t want anyone to miss my actual point. It was narratively REQUIRED for Luke to run through those fearsome Dark Troopers like butter to make plain why Gideon was on a personal crusade to understand and harness this power.

Now I’m not saying that this also didn’t work as shameless fan service to the nth degree 🤣, but who cares! It was JUST what so many of us needed after the disgrace of TLJ.

But the bottom line is that it wasn’t JUST video game Luke. Luke’s badassery served the narrative.

That’s cool, Khev! I have no issue with this take on things, but I don’t want anyone to miss my actual point. It was narratively REQUIRED for Luke to run through those fearsome Dark Troopers like butter to make plain why Gideon was on a personal crusade to understand and harness this power.

Now I’m not saying that this also didn’t work as shameless fan service to the nth degree 🤣, but who cares! It was JUST what so many of us needed after the disgrace of TLJ.

But the bottom line is that it wasn’t JUST video game Luke. Luke’s badassery served the narrative.
I disagree about TLJ but I respect your opinion and your post was very well stated! :duff

Never seen Jedi take out droids in a corridor onscreen previously?
I was referring more to Luke than Jedi in general. With the ultra-cool lightsaber moves and the way he effortlessly tossed troopers around with the Force, it felt more like a fanboy wet dream than something Lucas would have ever had him doing on screen.

It's not a huge quibble though. I still enjoyed the scene well enough; I just didn't completely lose my mind over it like everyone else seemed to.

I was referring more to Luke than Jedi in general. With the ultra-cool lightsaber moves and the way he effortlessly tossed troopers around with the Force, it felt more like a fanboy wet dream than something Lucas would have ever had him doing on screen.

It's not a huge quibble though. I still enjoyed the scene well enough; I just didn't completely lose my mind over it like everyone else seemed to.
As long as they don't over do it there is nothing wrong with seeing Luke unleash his prowess with his saber after a few years of been a Jedi.
Just don't need a Superman Luke but I don't think they will and no Jedi in film/TV show has been shown as to too overpowered.
Just feel there's no point Jedi having a lightsabre if they never get to show their ability with it.

Last edited:
Back