1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These last 2 episodes have really shone a light on how broken the main idea for BOBF is. The Mando series introduced us to a new set of characters and developed their relationships. There was a quest to get behind - protect the foundling and return him to his kind. The bond between Din and Grogu was genuine. It wasn’t the deepest show, but there was definitely something heartfelt about it.
I feel that trying to create an arc for a character that has existed in peoples minds for 40 odd years is a lot harder. Expectations are bigger. His desire to become a (benevolent?) crime lord seems to be harder to grasp. Dunno. Just my two cents🙂
When people used to talk about wanting a Boba film or said before it was released they wished Mandalorian show had actually been Boba Fett I always said no.

I didn't want to see Boba, whether you only thought he was mysterious and deadly from watching Empire or if you were heavy into his background in the EU it was just setting up for a potential fall. I had always wanted a show or film series set in an earlier time showing off Mandalorians as the feared warriors we had heard about and had seen some of in Clone Wars.

For some people any Boba show was going to be a disappointment as they would have had all the build up from EU novels, comics and even their own imaginations.

Smarter move was to build a show around a new character and bring in others be they older fan favourites or new characters.

Yup the only requirement we really had with this show was that Boba Fett actually be cool in it. The same way they're so effortlessly able to make Mando, Cobb, Fennec, and nearly every other damn character be cool. So it's just baffling that they've had such a hard time with that.

And how he was in Season 2 of Mando, ignoring getting flipped by Koska (ugh), his lines during that entire convo with Bo are awesome. "Mine might be the last one you hear." They limited his use in Season 2 and it worked.

Now Boba is a freaking meme and not a good one. He's a completely different character.

Now I am curious to see how this figure looks without the cloak. I'm not going to be terribly picky about the accuracy of the clothing underneath to one appearance or the other.

When people used to talk about wanting a Boba film or said before it was released they wished Mandalorian show had actually been Boba Fett I always said no.

I didn't want to see Boba, whether you only thought he was mysterious and deadly from watching Empire or if you were heavy into his background in the EU it was just setting up for a potential fall. I had always wanted a show or film series set in an earlier time showing off Mandalorians as the feared warriors we had heard about and had seen some of in Clone Wars.

For some people any Boba show was going to be a disappointment as they would have had all the build up from EU novels, comics and even their own imaginations.

Smarter move was to build a show around a new character and bring in others be they older fan favourites or new characters.
Yeah even if the movie or series had focused solely on him being a bounty hunter like we all wanted, it probably still would have ended up demystifying him too much.

In fact I'm at the point now where I wish they hadn't brought him back at all.

Yeah even if the movie or series had focused solely on him being a bounty hunter like we all wanted, it probably still would have ended up demystifying him too much.

In fact I'm at the point now where I wish they hadn't brought him back at all.
I would have been happy just leaving him on the throne at the end of Mando and that's it. 5/8 episodes have been pointless.

I would have been happy just leaving him on the throne at the end of Mando and that's it. 5/8 episodes have been pointless.

That's how the HT figure will present him. What happens next can be left to the imagination!

The series has had a few positives, apart from the two Mando entries, but for me they aren't really Boba related. I liked the return to the palace, and seeing more of it. Black Krrsantan was impressive.

Much of the remainder of the first four episodes was toe-curlingly embarrassing. lol

Yeah, they needed Boba to remain a man of few words, and lean into badass anti-hero territory. It's almost like the Boba we saw at the end of Mando S2 isn't the same character we're seeing in this series. This Boba is kind of a softy, who gets his ass kicked by everyone, and talks way too much. Apparently, even Temuera Morrison lobbied for less dialogue for Boba, but they didn't go for it. I wish they'd just told his story chronologically, and made his escape from the Sarlacc much more interesting/exciting. Ah well.

That's how the HT figure will present him. What happens next can be left to the imagination!

The series has had a few positives, apart from the two Mando entries, but for me they aren't really Boba related. I liked the return to the palace, and seeing more of it. Black Krrsantan was impressive.

Much of the remainder of the first four episodes was toe-curlingly embarrassing. lol
We went from the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy to a Boba that's had his hat (or helmet?) handed to him more times that we can count from the end of Mando through to the middle of the BOBF series. And he has the Mods from Quadrophenia as his heavies. Should have kept him as the loner, masked drifter type. But then now we have Mando. As my son said, Mando is the new Boba Fett. And I don't disagree. Honestly, in the popularity vote, as a vintage old-timer, I actually love Mando more than Boba, Vader or Luke. The Skywalkers are just a bunch of dynastic, bratty destroyers of other people's lives who have projected their drama onto the galaxy and poor Boba has been gelded repeatedly between losing his dad, the stupid sarlacc, and now BOBF. Mando is a badass with a heart. Disney, please don't destroy Obi-Wan . . . Less is more. Sometimes, less is more.

Just my $0.02.

I think one of the main issues with Boba has been his constant removal of his helmet or being shown without the helmet.

I honestly hope that they keep Mando helmeted the rest of the series. We got those two scenes showing his face and that should be it.* He just looks mysterious and kick-ass with it on.

*Those two unmasked scenes should have been shot from behind so that we, the viewers, never see his face. We know who the actor is but keeping the character's face a mystery would have worked out much better.

I think one of the main issues with Boba has been his constant removal of his helmet or being shown without the helmet.

I honestly hope that they keep Mando helmeted the rest of the series. We got those two scenes showing his face and that should be it.* He just looks mysterious and kick-ass with it on.

*Those two unmasked scenes should have been shot from behind so that we, the viewers, never see his face. We know who the actor is but keeping the character's face a mystery would have worked out much better.
I think one of the main issue has been the writing

Yup I'm struggling to think of anything I really loved in those first 4 episodes, the same way I loved nearly every minute of eps 5 and 6. The train heist was a nice action sequence, but that's about it. And I don't have enough familiarity with Krrsantan to get that excited by his appearance, other than him just being a fierce looking Wookie.

Yup I'm struggling to think of anything I really loved in those first 4 episodes, the same way I loved nearly every minute of eps 5 and 6. The train heist was a nice action sequence, but that's about it. And I don't have enough familiarity with Krrsantan to get that excited by his appearance, other than him just being a fierce looking Wookie.
It started so well with him punching out of the sand

The straffing run in slave one

but it’s more bits but not complete perfect scenes.

I'm conflicted., not sure witch I like better
Might depend on which path Grogu chooses.
If he picks Mando Beskar I'll stick with more classic Luke, as his story ends there for me since the ST is a farce.
If he chooses lighsaber and Jedi (continues training) I might forgo the current, and await this version....
If Luke allows him to chose both (which he should), ...?
I really hope Luke let's Grogu choose both in the end.
He should but I don't think Disney is going to write the ST out of existence so the Jedi arrogance lives on. I hope to be wrong though.
Loved the new episode but still wouldn't cancel this figure for anything. Some funky CGI aside his return in the season 2 finale is one of the greatest pop culture moments of all time.
100% agree. The BoBF episode gave me the interaction between Luke and Ahsoka I've been dreaming of for years but that Season 2 finale of Mandalorian. ...I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

He should but I don't think Disney is going to write the ST out of existence so the Jedi arrogance lives on. I hope to be wrong though.

100% agree. The BoBF episode gave me the interaction between Luke and Ahsoka I've been dreaming of for years but that Season 2 finale of Mandalorian. ...I still get goosebumps thinking about it.
I hate all that non attachment BS the Jedi have. I was hoping they go down the path of having Grogu become the next Jedi Mandalorian.

Back