1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I’m content with my RotJ Luke serving as my green lightsaber wielding Luke, between the inevitable BoBF Luke and this TM Luke, I’d go with this version. I like the outfit better as it appears to look more in-line with the Old Republic styled Jedi outfits (just an all black version), and I also like the hooded cloak look for it. To me the scene in TM with Luke sort of had shades of the scene in RotS with Anakin entering the structure on Mustafar while hooded and killing the Separatists. Hence, this figure and RotS Anakin I think might make for a nifty display pair.

That being said, even though I’m not a fan of the overall ST, I actually for the most part didn’t have much of an issue with Luke’s depiction in it. However, I’m still enjoying his appearances in these series, depicting him in his prime post RotJ.

I would definitely buy a grogu training Luke because I’m sick and need help. However, every post rotj Luke keeps us farther away from the Luke figures we really need like hoth, dagobah training, x wing, yavin medal ceremony, bespin 2.0.

Mando Luke was the Luke we needed and deserved. (Specifically after the ST fiasco treatment of him.)

BOBF Luke was the Luke we wanted all along. (ROTJ Luke but with a boost in his nunchuck skills, bo hunting skills and computer hacking skills...)
i-have-lots-of-skills.jpg

I enjoyed Mando Luke and and BoBF Luke equally. Different sides of his character, both equally valid.

The Mando finale just stands out because it was the first time we'd seen him after that awful version of Luke we got in the sequels. Many had waited 30+ years to see Prime Jedi master Luke in action.

Last edited:
The Luke we saw saw in Mando S2 finale was strictly business. I saw it as walking in with a mission, and clearing his path which to me should have been consistent with his power/training. Now…ST with the force powered hologram from another planet that dropped Hans PHYSICAL gold dice in Leia’s hand was a bit of a stretch for me, even with “wizard” force capabilities.
He didn’t hand her Physical dice btw. Those were part of the projection and they disappeared. It wasn’t the same as say Rey handing Ben a lightsaber behind her back with her force teleporting. I still think the force projection was great since it’s something that is actually in Star Wars history prior to that and it shows that he was pretty damn powerful, but not powerful enough to survive it. But yeah, those dice were not physically there. They too were part of the projection which is why they disappeared when Kylo picked them up

Can't believe people are nitpicking Luke's appearance in Mando Season 2 now. This is the Luke people wanted to see in the Sequel Trilogy, and now that you've got him, "Luke shouldn't be doing that."

What?!

They even teased it by having Luke saying in TLJ that he wasn’t going to take on the FO with a laser sword, since they knew that’s exactly what the overwhelming majority of people were expecting and wanting to see out of Luke.

They even teased it by having Luke saying in TLJ that he wasn’t going to take on the FO with a laser sword, since they knew that’s exactly what the overwhelming majority of people were expecting and wanting to see out of Luke.

And then that's literally what he does for his big sacrifice at the end of the film, and his moment of being the bad ass Jedi grandmaster gets tomatoes thrown at it from fans.

I guess there will never be a bullet proof consensus on anything Luke does after the original trilogy.

I found a lot aspects in the ST boring, uninspired, derivative, etc. but recently I’ve been trying to appreciate Luke Skywalker’s entire story. I like in TLJ how he literally went out doing the most Jedi thing ever: using the Force for knowledge and defense, never attack.

I was one of those fans who waited a long time to see a Jedi master Luke in full flow and the mando episode gave us that. Im a little perturbed that he’s a bit cold to both mando and grogu in mando and bobf and not quite the Luke I remember

ironically he’s more emotional in the sequels but and I’m sorry if I’m like a stuck record but I just can’t consider them Star Wars to me.
i dont own them and I have no interest in them or merchandise from them.
I know Disney don’t care etc but that’s my choice.
I want this figure so I can had it with the dark trooper piece kicking ass

I found a lot aspects in the ST boring, uninspired, derivative, etc. but recently I’ve been trying to appreciate Luke Skywalker’s entire story. I like in TLJ how he literally went out doing the most Jedi thing ever: using the Force for knowledge and defense, never attack.
He dies of Force constipation.

Can't believe people are nitpicking Luke's appearance in Mando Season 2 now. This is the Luke people wanted to see in the Sequel Trilogy, and now that you've got him, "Luke shouldn't be doing that."

What?!

It's just a small number of butthurt TLJ fans who feel it undermines the film(it does :yess:)

The season two finale is overwhelmingly loved, and it broke the internet :yess:

I'm conflicted on Grogu's choice. Ultimately I want him and Mando reunited but not right now. If he's back at Mando's side for the start of season 3 it really kills the impact of their parting in the season 2 finale.

Much better he stays with Luke for a while to hone his Jedi skills. Maybe Luke softens his stance on attachment and eventually lets Grogu wear his Mandalorian armour to help out his friend.

Back