1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was referring more to Luke than Jedi in general. With the ultra-cool lightsaber moves and the way he effortlessly tossed troopers around with the Force, it felt more like a fanboy wet dream than something Lucas would have ever had him doing on screen.

It's not a huge quibble though. I still enjoyed the scene well enough; I just didn't completely lose my mind over it like everyone else seemed to.
It did veer into damp fanboy territory a bit, but he did tear through Jabba's goons and did any number of other implausible things previously. I think it needs to be handled carefully, but I absolutely see your point.

The PT is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

I was referring more to Luke than Jedi in general. With the ultra-cool lightsaber moves and the way he effortlessly tossed troopers around with the Force, it felt more like a fanboy wet dream than something Lucas would have ever had him doing on screen.

It's not a huge quibble though. I still enjoyed the scene well enough; I just didn't completely lose my mind over it like everyone else seemed to.

darth-rey (1).gif

saturday-night-live-shocked.gif

Yep, for me it was more exciting that he simply appeared at all. The lightsaber slicing and dicing was cool but more of a "okay they checked that box now let's get back to Luke being Luke" for me.

Interesting that he was shown to be apparently more powerful than Qui Gon since he was able to easily use the Force to open the blast doors rather than trying to cut through them with his saber.

Yep, for me it was more exciting that he simply appeared at all. The lightsaber slicing and dicing was cool but more of a "okay they checked that box now let's get back to Luke being Luke" for me.

Interesting that he was shown to be apparently more powerful than Qui Gon since he was able to easily use the Force to open the blast doors rather than trying to cut through them with his saber.
Turd be like…

1644101420533.gif

The doors Din Djarin said to be opened?

I gotta say he definitely seems way too young and immature to be given a freakin lightsaber. No matter how much training Luke gives him beforehand.

I can just imagine Mando walking back to his ship one day to find that Grogu's accidentally diced the thing to pieces. 😄
Under the correct supervision...never too early...
8b8969763c8ae36eb43741fda621330a.jpg

Mando Luke was the Luke we needed and deserved. (Specifically after the ST fiasco treatment of him.)

BOBF Luke was the Luke we wanted all along. (ROTJ Luke but with a boost in his nunchuck skills, bo hunting skills and computer hacking skills...)
Definitely agree with this. For me, it's always been my understanding that Luke was this total badass Jedi that we never got to really see at his full potential. Being able to see him really show off how powerful he really is (sort of like the fake TLJ scene, but real this time), is something I've wanted to see for a very long time and Mondo S2 finale gave that to me. BoBF gave us the beginnings of Jedi Master and trainer Luke which was also incredibly cool to see, especially with the updated de-aging they did. To me, it's very much like Obi-wan who was incredibly skilled with a lightsaber and strong with the force but still maintained a sense of peace and wisdom.

Still way prefer this version. More memorable and less talking. The Luke in Boba Fett had too much of him talking which brought out the uncanny valley vibes more. He felt stiff and robotic and not like a real actor.

The Luke we saw saw in Mando S2 finale was strictly business. I saw it as walking in with a mission, and clearing his path which to me should have been consistent with his power/training. Now…ST with the force powered hologram from another planet that dropped Hans PHYSICAL gold dice in Leia’s hand was a bit of a stretch for me, even with “wizard” force capabilities.

Still way prefer this version. More memorable and less talking. The Luke in Boba Fett had too much of him talking which brought out the uncanny valley vibes more. He felt stiff and robotic and not like a real actor.
That’s because it was a computer program that did the talking. I wish they’d just got Hamill in to do the lines and then did some trickery to make him sound younger.

That's how they did his speaking lines in both Mando & BOBF. It's basically deepfake for voices, which is why his dialogue delivery sounded so weird and flat.

Last edited:
Luke's scene on Mando S2 was very restrained IMO. No lightsaber spinning or twirling. No kung fu jumping, sliding, or parkour moves. Just walking, deflecting shots, some force push or pull, and one clean slice. Yet it came out quite the vision to see.
Absolutely and despite my being completely blown away in that moment, I noticed that right away. The sequence showed off his improved skill and powers, but nothing over the top. We’d already seen him with a lightsaber, as well as force pull. But now he’s progressed and just about mastered those abilities, plus some. Every move looked efficient and almost calculated to each blaster bolt and Dark Trooper headed his way. I thought it demonstrated the training he’d gone through in the last five years. Especially considering the massive character development he went through within the OT itself.

Last edited:
Back