1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ooff. The perilous combination of ordering from third-party stores in the US that are dependent on Sideshow's distribution patterns have again resulted in four figures dropping into the POL at once, including this one. Wallet says ouch. Four figures that were released spaced out over time hitting together.
While on the one hand, it's great to get these figures, on the other, this painful distribution system makes this hobby a little frustrating at times.

One the bright side, I'll get to see what all of the fuss is about with this figure! :)

Hey all. Has anyone figured out how to open up the battle damaged Dark Trooper torso as I want to mess with the electronics a little.

I thought I saw someone in this thread talking about just that, but scroll as I may, I cannot find it……..unless I was dreaming it.
Cheers!

Finally got mine! I was afraid that Grogu was gonna be an adult by the time it arrived...

As much as I like the cloak, I think that headsculpt is way too good to hide. I also prefer this outfit over his Jedi one, I think. Now I no longer feel the need to pick up a Bespin Luke.

As much as I like the cloak, I think that headsculpt is way too good to hide. I also prefer this outfit over his Jedi one, I think. Now I no longer feel the need to pick up a Bespin Luke.
This was also the reason for me getting this Luke. I really like the outfit and feel this is the more mature and complete Jedi Luke as opposed to the ROTJ one. I also have Sphero R2D2 to see how it will scale with Luke, but my guess is it will be just fine. ROTJ Vader is on PO and Im happy. Its already in Amsterdam so suspect I may get it by the end of the day if DHL feels like it (93km away).
Edit: And he came when he was supposed to... Swapped the hair piece and really loving the sculpt. THIS IS LUKE!!!

Attachments

• 20230609_131113.jpg
    20230609_131113.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I just opened my copy that I received from Popcultcha earlier this week. I was feeling a bit hesitant about this release due to the Ken doll hair and the uncanny valley CG face - thankfully however, in hand it's an excellent figure, as many have already reported.

The hair and face sculpt look much better than I expected. I'm not sure if this is my definitive Luke - I have *all* of the other HT Lukes, and I still quite like the Endor/Snowspeeder sculpt. But, it's stunning, if a little idealised (which is of course appropriate to the source material - I'll be interested to see how I feel about this sculpt on Bedpan (lol can't get that to stop autocorrecting :ROFLMAO:) Luke when I finally get him in-hand).

The outfit deign and the tailoring is superb. Besides the fact that I love this look because of Luke's triumphant return in The Mandalorian, I like this look because it represent to me Luke at his peak - he's a full Jedi finally (with the Crait force-projection Luke representing for me Luke at peak Jedi Master).

The Dark Trooper is cool - and better than I was expecting. I don't have a full Dark Trooper figure - but I will be happy to have this one on the floor of my display, as detritus in Luke's wake.

The Grogu is ok - we really need an update... And the sabre should 100% have been upgraded to USB... And finally, I'm not a huge fan of the new DX box style (this is my first) - I'd personally prefer a smaller, lower profile box. I hate big boxes and I cannot lie...

Also - how TF are you supposed to remove the plastic around his neck?

Just received my regular version. First impressions are shockingly bad. As in, I totally didn’t expect to feel disappointed.

For starters the body is extremely lightweight, feels very cheap to handle and pose.

Biggest gripe is the chest area. Pecs are weirdly shaped, protruding where they shouldn’t.

The outfit didn’t respond well to my futzing attempts, I’ll have to get back to it and try harder. Plus mine has a giant crease in the neck area which I can’t imagine getting rid of unless steaming the whole outfit…

And finally the hair has a weird protrusion in the rear right area. Can’t understand why.

Just received my regular version. First impressions are shockingly bad. As in, I totally didn’t expect to feel disappointed.

For starters the body is extremely lightweight, feels very cheap to handle and pose.

Biggest gripe is the chest area. Pecs are weirdly shaped, protruding where they shouldn’t.

The outfit didn’t respond well to my futzing attempts, I’ll have to get back to it and try harder. Plus mine has a giant crease in the neck area which I can’t imagine getting rid of unless steaming the whole outfit…

And finally the hair has a weird protrusion in the rear right area. Can’t understand why.
Unlucky. Sounds like you got a factory lemon. Seems like everyone else aren’t having any problems. Fingers crossed this won’t big issue for most people.

Finally got mine! I was afraid that Grogu was gonna be an adult by the time it arrived...

Don't worry, the profits Disney is raking in on Baby Grogu will ensure that he will not hit adulthood anytime soon... :)

Just opened mine up... and I'm really wishing that I hadn't gotten caught up in the hype, as I'm just not feeling anything for this figure now with its boring outfit and bland sculpt. And I thought I might display him with the hood on but that shiny inner lining just kills the look for me.

So think I'll probably sell this on and get a Bespin Luke instead.

Just opened mine up... and I'm really wishing that I hadn't gotten caught up in the hype, as I'm just not feeling anything for this figure now with its boring outfit and bland sculpt. And I thought I might display him with the hood on but that shiny inner lining just kills the look for me.

So think I'll probably sell this on and get a Bespin Luke instead.
I hate when that happens. This is a good place, but it can also hype you up for a figure you might've not had interest in to begin with. Sort of why I haven't bought the Jesse trooper figure as nice as it looks in pics and the praise that it's gotten here. Just not sure it's one I want in my collection. Or more recently, the hype for the exclusive Wonder Woman that I'm now actually glad that my order never went through b/c I would've regretted that $450 especially with both JND Reeve and now InArt Cavill on the horizon.

I really want to recreate the Grogu training scene. Should I buy another one of these? Or do folks think they‘ll eventually release that version?

I really want to recreate the Grogu training scene. Should I buy another one of these? Or do folks think they‘ll eventually release that version?
I would say it's pretty unlikely they'll release another one. You can dress him down to recreate the training scene.

Something you could do if you're vigilant, rather than spending money on a whole additional figure, you might be able to find the individual parts for cheaper on eBay/monkeydepot/toyanxiety.

Received my two DX23 heads (and remaining accessories) today and I can finally feel like my ROTJ Luke is complete now having basically all the parts to make all his looks from the film and basically Mando.

I love that the eyes aren’t as piercing blue as the new Bespin Luke and the DX23 cloak drapes really nicely. I still like the original ROTJ headsculpt even with the open mouth, but DX23 headsculpt really takes the cake.

Where would one get a green acrylic rod to replace the light green light saber that this release came with. I just wish it was a deeper richer green since i don't intend to ever use he light up feature.

Back