1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Invoiced by TBA earlier today. A surprise as i'm still waiting for my Axe Woves from them. Not gonna complain though.

Still "Processing" per Timewalker...

Can't wait to get this! Once I get it and Anakin/Vader from the Kenobi show, however, I think I'm done with new Hot Toys. Too pricey for what we get.

So we now know that the Mandalorian Luke "Head" plus the Snowspeeder Luke "Hair" is essentially what the DX24/25 is going to be?

I don't know if looks quite good enough to be perfectly honest here.

I got charged by Sideshow for Luke today. I hope he ships in the next day or so.

So we now know that the Mandalorian Luke "Head" plus the Snowspeeder Luke "Hair" is essentially what the DX24/25 is going to be?
Considering the stunt they just pulled with the Batman armory last night, this is exactly that they're going to do. Mando Luke sculpt, ROTJ clothes, new hairpiece, $300.

Happy 40th anniversary, **** you give us your money again peasants.

Considering the stunt they just pulled with the Batman armory last night, this is exactly that they're going to do. Mando Luke sculpt, ROTJ clothes, new hairpiece, $300.

I'd probably fall for it. I'm very weak willed when it comes to Hot Toys Star Wars.

I guess I understand why folks are upset. I just don't let myself get too worked up about this type of stuff anymore. Sure, every now and then I'll say if a release bothers me (ROTJ Vader), but at the end of the day, no one is forcing any of us to buy these things. Technology changes, advancements are made, therefore the "new and improved" version will always be a thing. There will always be a risk of an updated version coming out no matter what scale or type of figure you collect. Are reissues and 2.0s sorta boring? Sure. But it's going to happen regardless. Pretty sure they'll still be making updated versions of many of these characters after all of us have passed on.

I guess I understand why folks are upset. I just don't let myself get too worked up about this type of stuff anymore. Sure, every now and then I'll say if a release bothers me (ROTJ Vader), but at the end of the day, no one is forcing any of us to buy these things. Technology changes, advancements are made, therefore the "new and improved" version will always be a thing. There will always be a risk of an updated version coming out no matter what scale or type of figure you collect. Are reissues and 2.0s sorta boring? Sure. But it's going to happen regardless. Pretty sure they'll still be making updated versions of many of these characters after all of us have passed on.
I think the problem here is that the Dark Knight Batman (DX19) came out with a lot of flaws and inaccuracies, and didn't contain a lot of the accessories people were expecting. Then, less than a year after the DX19 released, they announce this version with everything seemingly perfect and openly showing the differences between the two with all of the issues corrected. And they included the armory, which many were expecting to be a part of the DX19.

Now, I'm not a big Batman collector, and I'm perfectly content to keep my DX19 and enjoy it. And not worry about the armory in the new set. But it's entirely shady that they had something new and perfect ready to go right after everyone received their old version that many went to customize to correct issues.

I just have a funny feeling they'll do the same nonsense with Luke next, but whatever, I'll be happy with my Mando version.

I think the problem here is that the Dark Knight Batman (DX19) came out with a lot of flaws and inaccuracies, and didn't contain a lot of the accessories people were expecting. Then, less than a year after the DX19 released, they announce this version with everything seemingly perfect and openly showing the differences between the two with all of the issues corrected. And they included the armory, which many were expecting to be a part of the DX19.

Now, I'm not a big Batman collector, and I'm perfectly content to keep my DX19 and enjoy it. And not worry about the armory in the new set. But it's entirely shady that they had something new and perfect ready to go right after everyone received their old version that many went to customize to correct issues.

I just have a funny feeling they'll do the same nonsense with Luke next, but whatever, I'll be happy with my Mando version.
Yup, like I said, I understand it. I just don’t get worked up about it. I am a DC collector and still have my DX19 minty fresh in its box :lol yet I’m still not upset about it. No one forced anyone to go and spend a full figure’s worth on custom upgrades for the DX19.

And to bring it back here, it wouldn’t bother me if HT went and did the same for ROTJ Luke with this new sculpt. ESB got this sculpt with new hairpieces too as a DX release not too long after the Mando reveal (it’s literally the next DX number) so it really wouldn’t be surprising if HT made an ROTJ version. From the sounds lately, most ppl expect it. No one is forcing anyone to buy this Mando Luke as a replacement or placeholder for an ROTJ version. In my opinion, if you want this version, buy it b/c you want this version, not b/c it’s the only one currently available that looks like a passable ROTJ version. If that’s the case, you’ll probably never be satisfied with this unless you pick up parts to turn it into an ROTJ version.

I had the original Sideshow, the original HT ROTJ that I sold it for penny’s when I lost my previous job, got the Sideshow deluxe version for cheap as an interim, now have the MMS517 deluxe with original parts that spent decent money on that I don’t regret. I’ll buy parts from this mando release if I can and the same goes if HT makes a new ROTJ figure. Or I’ll just buy the new one as a whole and sell what I don’t need any longer from what I already have :dunno

I rather try to see what’s positive about releases these days as much as I can and go from there, than get worked up about it. This hobby is supposed to be fun and for myself, I’d like to keep it that way. I have enough stress in my life already with other things :lol

Last edited:
Back