1/6 Hot Toys - DX23 - The Mandalorian: Luke Skywalker (DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not. the Mando Luke outfit is more inline with what we see PT Jedi wear. Tabbards over long sleeve tunic with long sleeve shirt underneath and looser pants. The arm/wrist holes on the tunic of Mando Luke aren't as big as say ROTS Obiwan and Anakin though.

It's definitely similar enough in overall look/effect/shelf presence though if you only want one Luke in your collection.
1657060415914.png

Assuming that Luke was wearing this under cloak in season 2 Mando finale, it is definitely different. It's more of a wrap-around karate style mini robe, as opposed to the Mandarin collar outfit in ROTJ. I really hope that Hot Toys' Mando Luke has this under the cloak. It would great if they also included the baby carrier for Grogu. Then we would have to option to recreate Grogu's training sequence.

Never realized this was a DX figure. But then again I got the standard and not the actual Deluxe version.

Is there any chance this could come with a USB powered lightsaber instead of the battery operated one?

I didn't even realize until just now that this got pushed back to 4Q this year. These continuous delays are really getting annoying.

I didn't even realize until just now that this got pushed back to 4Q this year. These continuous delays are really getting annoying.
This was officially announced by HT as Q4 2022-Q1 2023 since the beginning. This is not the first time I've seen people say Sideshow put an earlier release date than HT, only to then "delay" it to HT's originally communicated date, so I'm wondering if they're doing this regularly.

Our local distributor put it on pre-order. They usually do it 2-3 months before entering stock. And figures enter stock at least 6-9 months after Sideshow starts shipping. So, this is weird.

I always thought it was releasing q4 of this year 🤷🏻‍♂️ Might be longer too, who knows. I imagine Bobas throne version and chrome Mando will be sure to come out before this

I've gotten into the mindset of not thinking about a figure till it releases. I'll only start to get a little excited when the Hot Toys blogger photos go up but I'll only really start thinking about it once it ships to me. Or I guess when I put in an actual order since I don't typically preorder anymore..

For me personally, I don't see the point in expending any energy over figures we have no idea when will actually come out.

There's a lot of other things to buy in the meantime as well.

I've gotten into the mindset of not thinking about a figure till it releases. I'll only start to get a little excited when the Hot Toys blogger photos go up but I'll only really start thinking about it once it ships to me. Or I guess when I put in an actual order since I don't typically preorder anymore..

For me personally, I don't see the point in expending any energy over figures we have no idea when will actually come out.

There's a lot of other things to buy in the meantime as well.
I guess I'm just getting to a crossroads with this hobby. This year, I've had three figures arrive, Jorah, Gideon and Ahsoka. Because I'm in the process of moving, they went straight into storage until I can set things back up. I have a ton of pre-orders I'm waiting on, but unfortunately the wait times keep increasing, which is understandable, and new listings are skyrocketing in price, which is less understandable but I get it due to inflation.

I guess I just need something to get excited about.

I guess I'm just getting to a crossroads with this hobby. This year, I've had three figures arrive, Jorah, Gideon and Ahsoka. Because I'm in the process of moving, they went straight into storage until I can set things back up. I have a ton of pre-orders I'm waiting on, but unfortunately the wait times keep increasing, which is understandable, and new listings are skyrocketing in price, which is less understandable but I get it due to inflation.

I guess I just need something to get excited about.

It sounds like you could use another hobby in between to get you by, although you’re also busy with moving already.

I don’t preorder anymore, especially with the way things are now and headed to.

It makes more sense to wait for them to come into stock and buy them with some kind of code or promo. Even if it’s just free or reduced shipping, it adds up.

It sounds like you could use another hobby in between to get you by, although you’re also busy with moving already.

I don’t preorder anymore, especially with the way things are now and headed to.

It makes more sense to wait for them to come into stock and buy them with some kind of code or promo. Even if it’s just free or reduced shipping, it adds up.
Haha don't worry, I have other hobbies. I also collect signed hockey pucks and NHL game used sticks, although I fell out of that a bit in recent years. I also play hockey, go hiking, play video games. Hobbies themselves aren't the issue, although like you said, while moving everything takes a back seat due to packing.

I meant more I needed some excited in this particular hobby. Everything feels like delays and price increases lately. It's feeling a bit stale for me, like I'm just adding pre-orders and wish list items, that's all.

Haha don't worry, I have other hobbies. I also collect signed hockey pucks and NHL game used sticks, although I fell out of that a bit in recent years. I also play hockey, go hiking, play video games. Hobbies themselves aren't the issue, although like you said, while moving everything takes a back seat due to packing.

I meant more I needed some excited in this particular hobby. Everything feels like delays and price increases lately. It's feeling a bit stale for me, like I'm just adding pre-orders and wish list items, that's all.
That's fair, but trust me...this is true for pretty much anything going through the supply chain these days. I don't care what you collect. If it's manufactured, there have been delays and price increases. Hot Toys is certainly affected, but so is Hasbro, Lego, Funko, et al.

That's fair, but trust me...this is true for pretty much anything going through the supply chain these days. I don't care what you collect. If it's manufactured, there have been delays and price increases. Hot Toys is certainly affected, but so is Hasbro, Lego, Funko, et al.
I get it, I understand haha I'm not decrying the state of the world. All I was saying was that it's been a bit hard to be enthusiastic about the hobby lately. I'm sure the delays will get worse before they get better, if they get better. I just can't help but feel I want to quit Hot Toys and focus on military figures and feel something I'm looking forward to releasing would go a long way right now.

I bought my first game used hockey stick in a few years last week. Put that to the side to focus on sixth scale. I just feel my tides turning back a bit and was hoping something I'm excited for would be releasing soon.

Was nice to see Hot Toys clearing out a bit of backlog going into the end of the year, guess that was short lived though. Pushing this and Jesse into 2Q next year is late even by their release window. Doesn't bode well for them digging out of this hole they've put themselves in.

Was nice to see Hot Toys clearing out a bit of backlog going into the end of the year, guess that was short lived though. Pushing this and Jesse into 2Q next year is late even by their release window. Doesn't bode well for them digging out of this hole they've put themselves in.
Yeah, pretty terrible they can’t get all of their Mando Season 2 figures released before Mando Season 3 airs, even when the show took two years off between seasons.

Man, and I've already pretty much paid mine off. Q2, if it comes out then, plus a month or two to arrive to my retailer, and best case scenario I'm pretty much looking at next year's Birthday gift in the summer...

Back