1/6 Hot Toys - CMS 011: Boba Fett Arena Suit (Toy Fair 2022 Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B-b-but nobody wanted this figure! It was pointless! Unnecessary!

I agreed with this sentiment you posted earlier. True of anything limited.

Some that don't want this will want this when they can no longer have it.

Doesn't really apply to people here, but it's weird when people call something like this a cash grab and then later complain about not being able to get it and have their cash grabbed.

I agreed with this sentiment you posted earlier. True of anything limited.

Doesn't really apply to people here, but it's weird when people call something like this a cash grab and then later complain about not being able to get it and have their cash grabbed.
Your cash grab line got me going.

I think a lot of what we see with the ‘waitlist’ is less about psychological warfare with customers and more having to do with someone needing to manually check a schedule to see when the next batch of something is due to arrive. Then they update the website. That seemed to be happening a lot with new Premium Format statues in the early days of the pandemic. They definitely weren’t sold out, but Sideshow had to figure out when the next boat was coming in. So a brand new statue would sit at waitlist for a week, and then flip back over to preorder for the next batch.

Secondly, they also use the waitlist to see if there is enough interest to even produce additional batches. Where the Chrome Clone sold just slow enough to not warrant another batch, this went so fast that I bet Sideshow asked Howard to check the factory to see when more of these can be made. Which means this is both ‘legitimately waitlisted’ but also a likely candidate to have more available at a much later date as some have said. I would expect Hot Toys to be looking at production schedules and we could hear about more availability just in time for actual SDCC.

Your cash grab line got me going.

I think a lot of what we see with the ‘waitlist’ is less about psychological warfare with customers and more having to do with someone needing to manually check a schedule to see when the next batch of something is due to arrive. Then they update the website. That seemed to be happening a lot with new Premium Format statues in the early days of the pandemic. They definitely weren’t sold out, but Sideshow had to figure out when the next boat was coming in. So a brand new statue would sit at waitlist for a week, and then flip back over to preorder for the next batch.

Secondly, they also use the waitlist to see if there is enough interest to even produce additional batches. Where the Chrome Clone sold just slow enough to not warrant another batch, this went so fast that I bet Sideshow asked Howard to check the factory to see when more of these can be made. Which means this is both ‘legitimately waitlisted’ but also a likely candidate to have more available at a much later date as some have said. I would expect Hot Toys to be looking at production schedules and we could hear about more availability just in time for actual SDCC.

I agree. I also feel there's something weird about this whole situation.

The figure went live and ordering didn't go smoothly for everyone. Plus it had the wrong release date. It was also cheaper than expected and had free shipping on top of that. And it went to waitlist then waitlist full unusually quickly.

Feels like some things didn't go according to plan. Or they did, and the plan is weird sales tactics we can't comprehend. For the sake of those that still want it or are on waitlist, I am hoping that's the case and there'll be more available for them.

Might just come back without free shipping at a later date. I'm not complaining but I honestly expected this to be closer to $270-280 after the trio of Star Wars, Fett, and exclusive taxes. Makes the price they put it up as with the free shipping feel like too good a deal.

Someone paid 850 bucks for this lol

Attachments

• E192E3E7-6462-4C56-8934-D22774957C6E.jpeg
    E192E3E7-6462-4C56-8934-D22774957C6E.jpeg
    349.1 KB · Views: 0
OMG 2023 date was fixed, now it’s 2022 and I‘m on the waitlist, hope I can get one at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Back