1/6 Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man MkVII (7) Sub-Zero edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought about ordering it but really don't like the look of it. Good luck to all of you ordering before it sells out.

Why so pricy :thud: was stealth the same?

No. It was more. By like 40 bucks

image.jpeg

preordered

never got around a gunmetal so this is a good option

still hope they do a diecast gunmetal as well as a mark 2 diecast

I think it's cheaper because of the fiasco that became "STEALTHGATE" The lighting of the promo shots was different than what it really looked like. (we all know about the blue hued lighting effect so no need to rehash) With this one, they dropped the price and lit it very well to be sure you see exactly what you are getting. The price is more reasonable than the previous offering. I think this will sell out, but nowhere near as fast as Stealth VII did. I used some of my rewards points on this so I'm getting it for free. I flex payed the new Mk VI so by the time a Spider-Man figure comes out, I should be able to get that free as well.
Ryan

:lol I'm not really sure what you mean because nearly every promo pic of this gives it a light blue hue... I know what color(s) it will be and blue is not one of them, but I bet there will still be some choad out there that will assume it will be light blue and get pissed off because it's not. Hopefully people read the description this time.

Last edited:
Love this, but hope it sticks around for a while. The matte white paint reminds me of Starboost, one of my favorite armors.

:lol I'm not really sure what you mean because nearly every promo pic of this gives it a light blue hue... I know what color(s) it will be and blue is not one of them, but I bet there will still be some choad out there that will assume it will be light blue and get pissed off because it's not. Hopefully people read the description this time.

Yep. People look for a reason to complain.

As for it being cheaper because of last year...not the case. It's cheaper because tooling costs are less due to being spread out...and Chocoolate. They paid more upfront costs. They pay for their entire requested order (more this time as they sold out last time to fast and want more units to sell to generate more interest and sales of their core products) in advance before this was announced and wipe out most of hot toys manufacturing costs (most not all). That results in a lower cost to others.

There's nothing about a figure selling out in a day that would make them lower the cost. People complaining on the forum make up a minority of actual paying customers and sideshow has a very minor amount anyway. Since everyone else that order (that hot toys cares about..any eBay or secondary unofficial resellers are irrelevant to them) had to do so in person and saw the actual figure it's pretty hard to complain you didn't know the color after that. Sideshow is/was the only official seller that did online for that and this.

DasMuse and Motu - I said, "I think it's cheaper because...." I didn't say it was fact. Just my opinion. Of course business wise, if the last one sold out in hours, why would they drop the price. That doesn't make sense. Just my own musings, of course I have no real idea what the corporate big wigs think.
And I'm not complaining. I was just commenting on what happened with the previous release. I like the Stealth. I have 2 of them. I was just mentioning all the complaints people had about the promo photos, (pro shots with blue tinted lighting) vs. first "live" shots. (all black) I never complained about the figure. (hence the reason I bought a second one) I'm buying almost every armor I can get my hands on.
They could do a whole rainbow of Mk VII suits and I'd buy them.
Solid Purple - Prince Commemorative Version
Solid Blue - Beach Version
Solid Green - Rainforest Version
Solid Yellow - Peanut Butter Jelly Time Version
Solid Orange - Traffic Cone Version
Solid Red - Fireproof Version
For me these are what Pokemon should be. Gotta catch them all!
Ryan

DasMuse and Motu - I said, "I think it's cheaper because...." I didn't say it was fact. Just my opinion. Of course business wise, if the last one sold out in hours, why would they drop the price. That doesn't make sense. Just my own musings, of course I have no real idea what the corporate big wigs think.
And I'm not complaining. I was just commenting on what happened with the previous release. I like the Stealth. I have 2 of them. I was just mentioning all the complaints people had about the promo photos, (pro shots with blue tinted lighting) vs. first "live" shots. (all black) I never complained about the figure. (hence the reason I bought a second one) I'm buying almost every armor I can get my hands on.
Ryan

I got that you said it was just what you thought. I was just pointing out it was not the case, and explaining why in the same way you explained your logic.

Ryan

I was thinking the same. A solid color, each one for the rainbow. Where does it end??

Back