1/6 Hot Toys Avengers Iron Man MkVII (7) Sub-Zero edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about Gemini for it's uniqueness over the SZ VII, but... in getting the SZ you have lots of interchangeable parts with other MK VIIs to kitbash an in progress or repair version of the VII. Just a thought. I already have the XXXIX and am getting Sub Zero free, so I'll have both.
Ryan

No dis on Motux but it actually looks terrible in the box In my opinion. Once you get it out with the white base, white pole and clamp, it looks better than Stealth Mk. VII. As soon as I get home I'll try to post some proper pics.

Totally agree. It's light years better out of the box.

But the contrast with the black box and normal lighting gives you a good look at the way the colors are in person.

Still not home but I bought the Apple Lightning to SD Card adapter. These were taken at the STGCC media/press event on Thursday morning by one of my friends. The event was held outside and the sun was a late morning but with cloud (just giving context). Shots were taken with some expensive 40MP Nikon (can't remember the model) and he had just bought the camera.

Anyways, obviously I'll start with the only slight negative which is clearly the use of the old soft plastic panties. Other than that, there are a few pictures that show how great the contrast is between the whites and greys and silver bits with some white and gray checkered areas. We all know what we're getting being that it is a Mk. VII but I was really shocked to see how beautiful the paint looked and I really feel that the white stand, pole and clamp ADD to the beauty instead of subtracting from it. In my opinion one of the nicest looking Mk. VII repaints so far!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 240
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 242
They are ok. I'm about 44 hours from home (leave EARLY morning) so once I decompress and chillax, I'll take some of my actual figure to post.

By the way, how do you all feel about the white clamp and dynamic stand? Personally, like I said, I feel it was necessary.

I agree with you, it was necessary with this color scheme. I debating order but gave in as I usually do with the Ironman figures...from the looks of your pics I'm glad I did...

I agree with you, it was necessary with this color scheme. I debating order but gave in as I usually do with the Ironman figures...from the looks of your pics I'm glad I did...

As an IM fan, I promise you won't regret buying this. If you do, I'll buy it from you, lol. Yes I got one at STGCC and I POed from SS but I can never have too many IM. Shoot, I POed 2 XM Classic IM because I want to display both modern unhelmeted and pure classic with helmet. Oh and By the way, that was a piece I originally had ZERO interest in buying until I saw it in person. Said to myself "ok, going to PO at STGCC but I'm going to want to change up the statue constantly." I Was first in line and got to PO first as well :yess: and saw that I was able to buy 2. I think I have a problem, lol.

They are ok. I'm about 44 hours from home (leave EARLY morning) so once I decompress and chillax, I'll take some of my actual figure to post.

By the way, how do you all feel about the white clamp and dynamic stand? Personally, like I said, I feel it was necessary.

I agree that it was necessary and looks good. It's like the Cleric's Cadillacs in Equilibrium, it's all or nothing.
Ryan

As an IM fan, I promise you won't regret buying this. If you do, I'll buy it from you, lol. Yes I got one at STGCC and I POed from SS but I can never have too many IM. Shoot, I POed 2 XM Classic IM because I want to display both modern unhelmeted and pure classic with helmet. Oh and By the way, that was a piece I originally had ZERO interest in buying until I saw it in person. Said to myself "ok, going to PO at STGCC but I'm going to want to change up the statue constantly." I Was first in line and got to PO first as well :yess: and saw that I was able to buy 2. I think I have a problem, lol.

Well, I think that sells it then! :hi5: Guess I gotta get mine paid off and sit tight and wait. I've got a Mark 45 coming in next week to keep me satisfied till then.

Debating pre-ordering this guy or the diecast Mark VI... Part of me would rather rebuy the older VI if I could find a deal.

I have this on Flex, and my status has gone to "awaiting final payment", even though I have 3 payments left. I assume that means its hitting soon?

Last edited:
I have this on Flex, and my status has gone to "awaiting final payment", even though I have 3 payments left. I assume that means its hitting soon?

I've never used flex so mine still says "Delivery Estimate 4th Quarter 2016". Consider that it's been out in HK and also released at STGCC, I think we will all start getting our notices by the end of October.

Back