1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you guys, it looks better in hand without flash. flash differs the colors too much due to different surface.

:lol

yeah that one is my favourite.

Great work! if you get some acrylic varnish you can add some slimy detail to the leather in the joints and with acrylic it won't crack off?
But cool regardless!

:rock

So is the run Forrest pose what you were going for or can you pose it in more alien-like poses? Looks like you could do this one pretty easy:

alien.jpg

Very cool P. Hats off to you.
Great work P.!!!
Great work!
thank you! i was afraid people would say that i ruined the figure.

if you get some acrylic varnish you can add some slimy detail to the leather in the joints and with acrylic it won't crack off?
But cool regardless!
:rock
i guess i can cover it with something, even with paint, BUT i'm no painter and i don't know how to mix a needed color or how varnish will behave when i move the legs. so i'm just afraid to do anything else.

So is the run Forrest pose what you were going for or can you pose it in more alien-like poses? Looks like you could do this one pretty easy:

alien.jpg

yep it can be easily achieved, i just made a running pose to make something funny.

alien001_zpsdisss0br.jpg~original

this photo shows the construction of the inside body, and pants don't restrict it at all.

Last edited:
Wow I love what you've done to it. I just bought the figure off a fellow member (has yet to arrive). I might try this too because it looks so great! How long did it take you to cut through the skin and take off the alien's "pants"? Any tips while doing this?

well the only thing you need to cut the suit is thinking first where you want it. that's the hardest part. i tried to repeat the natural lines and not to cut any ornament, but basically i chose robocop hips shape cut.
the tail can be turned 45 degrees and taken out.
leg "pants" just get off easy, like real pants.
and then i cut the suit in his pelvis to put the leather pants on him.
pushed pants far up under the "skin" on the torso, made a hole for the tail, then glued the pelvis cut back - and pushed the rubber alien "pants" onto leather pants.
i bought these https://www.ebay.com/itm/141159248813 , they are made of a very thin material, which is good for this purpose.

Excellent work there P. The very reason I don't own this figure is the lack of articulation in the lower body and now thanks to you that has changed. As you have seen what is under the suit with your own eyes do you think there will be any benefit in cutting the suit along the the knee joint. Not removing any but just separating it kind of like a stormtrooper armour on the shins or like a long pair of boots

Very impressive mod, P. What pose are you thinking to go with for display? The shot of the suit performer crouching over in the "raptor" stance?

Hey, how many people have had problems with the inner mouth? I can get it to lock into place but I gotta be a little forceful. Is that normal? Just got mine and the only complaint is a dent in the box. I don't normally care about boxes but this is my favorite so far and I was going to display the box with the figure.

oops sorry i didn't visit this thread for a while and didn't answer questions.
As you have seen what is under the suit with your own eyes do you think there will be any benefit in cutting the suit along the the knee joint. Not removing any but just separating it kind of like a stormtrooper armour on the shins or like a long pair of boots
i'd not recommend that, because you'd lose more than you'd gain: legs bend enough already, and knees are exposed in any pose, unlike the crotch zone, so it will be very visible if you go with super extreme bending of the leg.

What pose are you thinking to go with for display? The shot of the suit performer crouching over in the "raptor" stance?
nope, i grew with McFarlane aliens, so i put him into something like this, but with raptor-like hands (elbows to the waist, palms hanging down and slightly to sides):

tumblr_l1k9b7nRwP1qa1o5zo1_1280.jpg

Need your guys opinion- I never owned any Alien figures. I have HT Ripley on order and I will need an Alien to go with her--my question is which company is the best to go with?

Hot Toys' new Aliens Warrior
NECA
Or any other companies

I don't care about articulation. I am not going to change poses often. I don't mind a statue either. Just want something that's badass next to Ripley and I heard all about some rubber cracking with time and HT's new Aliens is part rubber right?

I should and am able to do a research but I don't have the time with a full schedule of work this week. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Need your guys opinion- I never owned any Alien figures. I have HT Ripley on order and I will need an Alien to go with her--my question is which company is the best to go with?

NECA
Or any other companies

I don't care about articulation. I am not going to change poses often. I don't mind a statue either. Just want something that's badass next to Ripley and I heard all about some rubber cracking with time and HT's new Aliens is part rubber right?

I should and am able to do a research but I don't have the time with a full schedule of work this week. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I say you take off, and order the HT Warrior.
It's the only way to be sure.

NECA
Or any other companies

The only 1/6 scale Aliens apart from statutes are Hot Toys, so I would go for this one or maybe, if you wanna stay within the same movie, be patient and find the Big Chap for a decent price. I found him for just about $200, so it should be possible. The Big Chap is not perfectly screen accurate, but he does still look bad ass and the rubber seems to be more durable than the older ones.

I want to stay with the same movie. I wanted an alien to go with Ripley from "Alien". I suppose I can look for the big chap. I guess I'll stick with Hot Toys then instead of Neca or Kotubuyik (sp).

Thanks for your help!

Very tempted to pick this up. I've been dying to get a hot toys alien for what seems like forever. Although my heart belongs to the original Alien, this is looking like the easiest and cheapest for me. As for the articulation, I've seen a couple vids that make it look not as bad as some are making it out to be. But personally, Ive never been into the crawling look for Alien. My biggest gripe is, again, I would prefer the smooth dome head. And I know people bring up the neca Big Chap, but something about the way they made the dome so transparent doesn't look right to me ( along with the hot toys version)

Back