1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

What. Baby Doll is one of HT's best female likenesses.

The only gripe that could be said about it is her make-up isn't completely accurate to her "fantasy within fantasy" form.

review_gstbaby_4.jpg
suckerpunch_meetbabydollfeat_hd.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

^^^ I had an issue with Emily browning likeness as I think her nose was quite off! While they had attempted they missed quite a bit on her nose likeness - here is how her nose is very distinct and while you can see a minor trace it was lost in the sculpting process. (Not as prominent)

Again my point is not that baby doll was bad likeness probably what I shld have said is compared to the likeness they achieved on gamora! Gamora really is quite accurate!!!

dae606f41bc648d5d333786c96f81ed7.jpg

72af64a171821cd73a85d6fc137712a3.jpg

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

I think it came out fantastic myself. And I don't see any difference with the proto at all other than the slightly lesser quality paintjob, and the hair not being pushed off to the side of her head as much as it should be.

This definitely isn't another Malificent situation though, where the headsculpt was clearly altered for some bizarre reason.

In fact I'm almost tempted to skip Star Lord and the other Guardians and just buy Gamora alone. I frankly think she'd look impressive enough on a shelf just by herself.

I think this hobby, especially to the level it evolved, naturally attracts picky people. I'm definitely fussy myself and I'd imagine that the majority of people who are ready to pay these prices are looking for top quality likenesses and intricate details. That said I agree that they hit this one dead on the screws.

:clap

Spot on assessment.

I think HT have done a fantastic job with her, the likeness is spot on & the tailoring looks great, the expression is neutral (safe) but I'm fine with that, prefer it actually as I like to do natural museum poses.
Anyways I'll have her next week (customs willing) & she'll go nicely next to my star lord & then I'll know for sure how she is in hand, which I think is the best way to assess the figure :)

The neutral expression suits Gamora considering she was pretty miserable looking for the majority of the film lol.
It can be a little hard to have just one sculpt with a figure as it can really limit the ways it can be posed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have both and they both are lacking in many ways! Black widow slightly better but baby doll is far off! This one is Zoe all the way! Any and every angle!

As for a sad face - she was a sad face throughout the movie so all they did was chose a "safer" expression. I am not buying this line but I love this figure - I mean it's stellar on most counts!

I don't blame you though for thinking or not liking it! But on this one you will be in a minority (nothing wrong with that)

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

No it isn't. The proto was though, couldn't find a thing wrong with that sculpt.

I think it came out fantastic myself. And I don't see any difference with the proto at all other than the slightly lesser quality paintjob, and the hair not being pushed off to the side of her head as much as it should be.

There is a big difference IMO and it is so obvious. I don't know if it is because you can not see the difference or you just don't want to see it. Nevertheless, it is still looks like Zoe but a deformed version.

No it isn't. The proto was though, couldn't find a thing wrong with that sculpt.

There is a big difference IMO and it is so obvious. I don't know if it is because you can not see the difference or you just don't want to see it. Nevertheless, it is still looks like Zoe but a deformed version.

:lol:rotfl:lol oh no

Deformed Zoe for the win. :rock

:lol

(Can't see the difference either so I must be blind as well).

Here are the differences that I noticed.

1. The shape of the head sculpt is now different, it use to be more of diamond shape now it is long like a rectangle. It looks like it got stretched during the conversion process for mass production, hence what I mean by deformed.

2. The jaw shape is also different as it now chiseled and more square shaped, instead of being smooth and round like the proto.

Proto

Product

10945057_819059501500368_1872383785499482611_n.jpg

Then again on certain angles, the jaw shape looks round.

6a853733jw1eoo5wea6c6j20vi1b9gu2.jpg

Despite these problems I still think it is an ok sculpt but it doesn't blow me away like the proto did, so I will passing on this now.

Last edited:

Proto:

615240_10152229548537344_657223444857846261_o.jpg

Production:

10432156_631750076950690_6561247195414077805_n.jpg

The only difference I see is where the hair falls on the side of the face. In the protoype photos it generally showed more of her forehead than in Jingobell's.

Looks good on certain angles but from front on it looks off as the head just looks too long and stretched. However, you can see that in those comparison pics that the jaw shape is different as the first pic has a pointy chin, whereas the second pic the chin is square. Also the jaw line is more chiseled and not as smooth and round as in the first picture.

Last edited:
I think one of her strainds of hair is slightly different than the proto. Im going to pass.

Last edited:
Unless someone poses Gamora in the exact same pose as the prototype, with the hair positioned the same as well, I'm really not going to be able to tell the difference in the sculpt.

I'm not going to have any issues with this figure when I pick one up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back