1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never seen an ot release with less buzz than this. Hopefully hot toys learns a lesson with releasing the lesser version first. Not many are going to double dip on a $500 release within a year or so of each other.
In hot toys minds, they’re going to say nobody is interested in ot figures.
Goodbye ot tusken.

I’ve never seen an ot release with less buzz than this. Hopefully hot toys learns a lesson with releasing the lesser version first. Not many are going to double dip on a $500 release within a year or so of each other.
Goodbye ot tusken.
I wouldnt call the mandalorian version lesser. Its different. Im even starting to think it might be the nicer version and it helps that its half the price right now. But your right about the take away for hot toys will be to focus less on ot because thats how these companies think :(

I don’t mean anything is wrong with it. I just meant some (not all) would have preferred the ot version first. The deep discount isn’t doing this any favors. I haven’t seen anything about this on Facebook. It’s been out almost a week.

Goodbye ot tusken.
It doesn’t help that they hiked the price by $50 and didn’t even bother to update the bucket. I think it looks good but it also is a clear demonstration of how lazy HT has become.

It doesn’t help that they hiked the price by $50 and didn’t even bother to update the bucket. I think it looks good but it also is a clear demonstration of how lazy HT has become.
That’s probably my biggest gripe with this set is the price hike. There’s no reason for it to be more than the Mando version. Especially seeing as how it comes with less than that version.

I wonder if its better to wait another year and maybe get this at half price or 2 for one
I’m wondering if this sells out fast or if it’s like the Mando Scout set that stays in stock and is eventually discounted. I’d hate to pay top dollar and then have it wind up with $5 shipping and 10% off.

I’m wondering if this sells out fast or if it’s like the Mando Scout set that stays in stock and is eventually discounted. I’d hate to pay top dollar and then have it wind up with $5 shipping and 10% off.
Judging by how much of a slow start this is having, I don’t see a sell out for a bit. When Snowspeeder Luke dropped, there were reviews flooding in.

Judging by how much of a slow start this is having, I don’t see a sell out for a bit. When Snowspeeder Luke dropped, there were reviews flooding in.
Snowspeeder luke was making waves. This feels like it wasnt even released at all and its been a whole week

Snowspeeder luke was making waves. This feels like it wasnt even released at all and its been a whole week
Well I mean to be fair one of the main character’s most iconic looks in the Original Trilogy versus a Trooper. I like the Speeder Bike scenes and the Scout looks cool, but they’re on different levels of priority I would say.

I wouldnt call the mandalorian version lesser. Its different. Im even starting to think it might be the nicer version and it helps that its half the price right now. But your right about the take away for hot toys will be to focus less on ot because thats how these companies think :(
I wouldn’t call it lesser either. Just goofy looking.

Attachments

• 3EA0AD12-F49A-477B-89C9-04B6D81744BF.jpeg
    3EA0AD12-F49A-477B-89C9-04B6D81744BF.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 0
Goodbye ot tusken.

Those who only collect OT knew this is going to happen and didn't buy the Mando version. The people who don't mind the Mando version bought that. By releasing them in this order, HT got a good estimate of their customer base who only collects OT.

I think most of these are going to the NA market so most of the customers don't have it yet.

Back