1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though not accurate to the show I had to put the knee pads on my Mando Scout the correct way up.
20220708_164739-jpg.587412

giphy.gif

How do you know they weren’t upside down in ROTJ?
It's pretty obvious just looking at them. :dunno If your in a sitting position (on the speeder bike), obviously the curved part would go over the knee, not be on your shin.

Taika directed this episode. He probably did it on purpose to be funny, as he made the scouts morons between the dialogue and their shooting ability. The whole scene was done for laughs.

Because every single depiction of the Scouts has them that way until Mando came out. Its a safe bet the show got it wrong.

Some angles to compare since there aren’t many shots of it around. You can see the differences better.
Is the ab articulation better on the mando than the rotj? Does he bend more forward?

It's pretty obvious just looking at them. :dunno If your in a sitting position (on the speeder bike), obviously the curved part would go over the knee, not be on your shin.

Taika directed this episode. He probably did it on purpose to be funny, as he made the scouts morons between the dialogue and their shooting ability. The whole scene was done for laughs.
You are right on the money. I read an interview with Taika and he said exactly this.

I hated that part of the show. It was a bad look for the empire, who is supposed to be fearsome. Anyway, I have a gift card and about $100 in rewards so I’ll grab the speeder set and single scout once released. I’ll probably grab another of each eventually, especially if sdcc is an OT dud (it will be).

He did the scene for laughs but as far as the accuracy of the knee pads I’m not so sure. He did just ask Natalie Portman on set of Thor Love and Thunder if she ever thought about being in a Star Wars movie and wanted to be in his new Star Wars project. She had to remind him she was the mother of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. He forgot about those movies. Not so sure he would be the go to guy for accuracy.

How do these people get hired? My wife knows Natalie Portman was in Star Wars and she hates Star Wars. I’m sure the people KK hired hate it too.

I just think, from a practical standpoint, knee guards used for flooring or roofing have the cup OVER the knee, not on the shin. But that’s a real world application that just makes sense in my mind for SW. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I just think, from a practical standpoint, knee guards used for flooring or roofing have the cup OVER the knee, not on the shin. But that’s a real world application that just makes sense in my mind for SW. 🤷🏾‍♂️
We’ll see what happens when Hot Toys announces their exclusive Floor Trooper!

Back