1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting a sense this is not a popular release surprisingly! Its one of the best troopers I would think but there isnt any buzz about it anywhere
It is strange the lack of review vids and I have not seen any posts on the Facebook groups.

People get so dramatic and like to complain. Clearly two different figures. Some reuse sure, but quite a bit of differences.
The differences don’t bother me at all. I just thought I’d share some first hand pics as I’d read about people getting annoyed it was all from the mando mould. 😄

The differences don’t bother me at all. I just thought I’d share some first hand pics as I’d read about people getting annoyed it was all from the mando mould. 😄
That’s what I was trying to say. People who were complaining about this figure just being a reuse of the Mando version when there should be and clearly are differences either aren’t paying attention or are just hating on Hot Toys because that’s something a segment of collectors like to do. There are lazy releases but this doesn’t appear to be one of them.

That’s what I was trying to say. People who were complaining about this figure just being a reuse of the Mando version when there should be and clearly are differences either aren’t paying attention or are just hating on Hot Toys because that’s something a segment of collectors like to do. There are lazy releases but this doesn’t appear to be one of
Yes there are differences but it does use parts from the Mando version the helmet being the biggest and that is what people take issue with as its not accurate to ROTJ.

This is mostly for the old crowd, who is into OT more than the new films. OT is less promoted these days compared to the new Disney shows, and this can be seen in the lack of buzz regarding this set
Yes, and we already had an acceptable version of this from sideshow a few years ago. It doesn't help when these minor characters are now about 275 and finally as someone who has collected since the beginning, space is an issue as well.

All that being said if this really is a big improvement over the sideshow set I'll think about it. I'm still using the old Hasbro speeder because I think it looks fine.

I think the helmet not being nearly as good as the prototype is what upsets me. That helmet looked great and this one seems off somehow. It looks flat, in terms of paint and sculpt. Ezcompany has a review that just posted and it doesn’t do the figure any favors. The guy is also really annoying. Apologies if he is on here, but I had to stop midway. Hopefully it’s better in hand.

I think the helmet not being nearly as good as the prototype is what upsets me. That helmet looked great and this one seems off somehow. It looks flat, in terms of paint and sculpt. Ezcompany has a review that just posted and it doesn’t do the figure any favors. The guy is also really annoying. Apologies if he is on here, but I had to stop midway. Hopefully it’s better in hand.
Hes sneezing and burping and I think a little drunk 😂 but your right I can barely get through the video. The figure looks good though even with the downgrade from the prototype.

Yes, and we already had an acceptable version of this from sideshow a few years ago. It doesn't help when these minor characters are now about 275 and finally as someone who has collected since the beginning, space is an issue as well.

All that being said if this really is a big improvement over the sideshow set I'll think about it. I'm still using the old Hasbro speeder because I think it looks fine.
This is why you should think clearly what you really want to own in your collection, what you can truly afford, and what display space you have.

When mine arrive I might try this too :naughty:

Speederbike early camo prototype & Stormtrooper 2.jpg

You know, I've always thought the Scout Troopers helmet isn't very aerodynamic at all. If they were really moving at such a high speed, they would be catching a lot of wind in the blinders of the helmet. It would probably pull their head back and throw them right off the bike. Unless there were vents in the back to let the air flow through.

You know, I've always thought the Scout Troopers helmet isn't very aerodynamic at all. If they were really moving at such a high speed, they would be catching a lot of wind in the blinders of the helmet. It would probably pull their head back and throw them right off the bike. Unless there were vents in the back to let the air flow through.
The ears are essentially like an intake and the back does have the tube stripes that I’m sure now serve as vent openings. Could be cool to see in show. Never thought of it it lol.

Back