1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m hoping this gets $5 shipping soon. I need another scout and have some rewards waiting, but I definitely don’t want to pay full price for a figure I have a few of.

It's because the brown dye/paint they used on the speeder bike props obviously faded or flaked off after filming, so all of the reference (other than what's onscreen obviously...) seems to show the seat as black.

The gap, inherited from HT's sculpt of the fan-made helmet they used on Mando, is indeed unfortunate because it really can't be fixed without an enormous amount of work.
Not that the Scout helmet is perfect as it does have a gap left from the Mando Scout sculpt alas, the pacman gap refers to the speederbike front gap between the brown body and the steering vanes ensemble. The HT speederbike has a droop because of that

Hot Toys - Scout Trooper Speeder Bike RotJ 0005.jpg

I managed to pick up the Scout Trooper at a local Comic Con yesterday for a great price!

20230625_102443.jpg

I'm very happy with it. I already had the Mandalorian version, but the differences between the two are plenty. I think this one takes the edge. While I love weathered troopers, the white here remains some shine (while still being weathered) and the inclusion of the sniper rifle is just excellent!

I should really finally grab a Scout. I’ve been holding off but Sideshow has it for $184 today. Kind of was holding out for the bike set to go a bit cheaper but I really don’t have the room for it anyways.

I should really finally grab a Scout. I’ve been holding off but Sideshow has it for $184 today. Kind of was holding out for the bike set to go a bit cheaper but I really don’t have the room for it anyways.
Get a trooper, now. You can always have the set later on and to have two scouts, even better!

I decided to hold off. Maybe I’ll see if the set goes on sale for Spooktacular or the holidays. Doubt it’ll sell out anytime too soon.

Wish the helmet sculpt had been a smidge more accurate (and didn't have that un-fixable "Mando gap"), closer to the awesome snowie helmet sculpt, but its not as off as the HT stormie helmet so I guess its solid enough.

I decided to hold off. Maybe I’ll see if the set goes on sale for Spooktacular or the holidays. Doubt it’ll sell out anytime too soon.
There's another scout coming next year that's basically the same fig with some videogame gear added (most of which looks removable) so I imagine the prices will remain stable, but you never know - pretty much all HT troopers seemed plentiful/affordable for a while, then suddenly did a steep climb.

Wish the helmet sculpt had been a smidge more accurate (and didn't have that un-fixable "Mando gap"), closer to the awesome snowie helmet sculpt, but its not as off as the HT stormie helmet so I guess its solid enough.

There's another scout coming next year that's basically the same fig with some videogame gear added (most of which looks removable) so I imagine the prices will remain stable, but you never know - pretty much all HT troopers seemed plentiful/affordable for a while, then suddenly did a steep climb.
Actually the new one coming and the other one sitting in stock probably gives good reason to try and move units on the ROTJ version. Kinda like they did with the Mando version.

I'm still regretting selling that second Snowtrooper I had. Hoping they re-release at some point.
In a quite long list of OT troopers, the snowie stands alone as the one HT came closest to nailing.

I have five and they look like little full size costumes - their stormie, sandie, gunner etc you really can't say that about.

In a quite long list of OT troopers, the snowie stands alone as the one HT came closest to nailing.

I have five and they look like little full size costumes - their stormie, sandie, gunner etc you really can't say that about.
I expected HT to do a TIE fighter pilot by this point. Have been tempted to pick one of SS's up recently but those seem to go for a prett penny too now.

Back