1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was told some figures ship from Hot Toys without shipper and or the shippers are damaged and replaced by such boxes… was told “no doubt it’s a brand new figure.”
some hot toys are sent out in a big carton box without individual shipper box usually to bigger distributors.

Yes. The BIG Hot Toys shipper. Got one before from LCDN, think it was a six pack of 501st deluxe.
i have 2 currently in my possession. Batman and Joker. but they had labels on them. was used as shipping box by my go to shop until they had their own boxes. using them to store some of my toy boxes.

There's so many grey areas - I knew two different people in the 1990s who had stormtrooper helmets (done completely separately) that were made with molds taken from a screen-used ROTJ helmet (I know one was screen used because I held onto a $20k helmet for my buddy for a week and matched it myself), which was not exactly rare in that era.

So "fan-made," but taken from an original (yes distorted ROTJ) helmet.

Then there's a manufacturer like Shepperton - hard to say what exactly that is, being the original contracted manufacturer of the screen used helmets (yes I get the debates) but sued by LFL, yet winning. "Licensed" in 1976, "unlicensed" decades later. :lol

That RS is gorgeous. Funny that Hasbro seems to be inching closer and closer to the high-end helmet market with each BS release. Would never have believed that. You have to wonder how good a Hasbro ATAT helmet will be when they get to it, hopefully ditching those silly exterior battery compartments and minimizing the mold seams.
SDS is controversial, but there is a good thing about them in the end, that every UK prop maker profits out of the legal process they had with LFL. The old Hasbro BS helmets, especially Vader looked bad, but the new ones are very nice, pretty accurate, considering they are more like toys, and not prop replica helmets. I would buy some of them, if my space wasn't so limited.

Regarding the ROTJ Scout, Hot Toys should have made a few mods here and there, to remove the Mando look from it. We all now the scaled figures/statues will never be 100% accurate, no matter what. Even with its inaccuracies I'm glad I got the 2 HT Scouts and a HT Speederbike, they are great pieces.

Hot Toys Scout Troopers 05.jpg

SDS is controversial, but there is a good thing about them in the end, that every UK prop maker profits out of the legal process they had with LFL. The old Hasbro BS helmets, especially Vader looked bad, but the new ones are very nice, pretty accurate, considering they are more like toys, and not prop replica helmets. I would buy some of them, if my space wasn't so limited.

Regarding the ROTJ Scout, Hot Toys should have made a few mods here and there, to remove the Mando look from it. We all now the scaled figures/statues will never be 100% accurate, no matter what. Even with its inaccuracies I'm glad I got the 2 HT Scouts and a HT Speederbike, they are great pieces.

View attachment 670245
Yup... and I have four HT scouts. 😬:lol

The BS Scout helmet does look pretty damn good beyond the battery compartment in back and mold seams in front. Slightly toy like, but with some of that goofy screen accurate ROTJ weathering (shake rattle cans, spray random brown and black puffs for 30 seconds and you're done), it would look pretty close to a high end helmet.

View attachment 670245
bikers have that ghostface look. but i much prefer the tie fighters and atat pilots.

bikers have that ghostface look. but i much prefer the tie fighters and atat pilots.
ATAT driver helmet to me stands above all other imperial helmets - it takes in the best elements of the TIE and stormtrooper and somehow takes the look to a whole other level of badass. I do think they look a bit better in Kenner full white though versus the costume-accurate grey.

There is something about the Biker Scout in just looking so different/unique vs other imperial helmets and in a really cool way, a streamlined design that screams aerodynamics and speed (even if in reality they'd be aerodynamically terrible :lol.)

Yup... and I have four HT scouts. 😬:lol

The BS Scout helmet does look pretty damn good beyond the battery compartment in back and mold seams in front. Slightly toy like, but with some of that goofy screen accurate ROTJ weathering (shake rattle cans, spray random brown and black puffs for 30 seconds and you're done), it would look pretty close to a high end helmet.
Just 2 Scouts for me. And 3 ANH Stormies, 2 ROTJ TKs, 2 Sandies (plus the one with the Dewbie) and 2 Snowtroopers. Unfortunately I don't have enough space to display more than a pair or so. If I had enough space I would have go for at least 8-10 ANH Stormies and have them waiting for Vader like in this pic:

stormtroopers DS.png

I don't even have enough space to display the Scout on his speederbike alas :)

Hi everyone.
Rookie question (at least concerning Sout helmets): both the dirty Mando, and the ROTJ Scouts from HT have the wrong, silly-looking, semi-open helmet? You guys mention an upcoming, improved Scout by HT, taken from some videogame, but are there any pics of it available?
Thx!

The sculpt of the Scout was indeed different from all other grunt trooper helmets back then. The Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, TIE Pilots and AT-AT Drivers had the TK faceplate in common. Back then you got a new grunt trooper in each movie: ANH - Stormtroopers and Sandies, ESB - Snowtrooper, ROTJ - Scout.

Back