1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you saying you don't want them to talk about those overpriced pedestals every 2 minutes?

giphy.gif

Many don't seem to mind for some reason. I guess some just want to be part of something and then anything for the $3 rewards. The forced banter is horrible too.

The booth tour double acts are so false. In the days of Susan hosting the con tours it felt more natural, like she really was into things. But nowadays it's so blatantly about selling everything.

Like the smallest size was $330-ish. I think I'd rather have a $60 detolf when in stock.

They look nice and was actually looking at one with a glass over it for one of my 1/4 pieces, the price was stupid and not worth a second glance.

I was thinking like 150 or 200, which I could swing, but not the ridiculous prices they're pushing now.

The booth tour double acts are so false. In the days of Susan hosting the con tours it felt more natural, like she really was into things. But nowadays it's so blatantly about selling everything.
I look at most of the stuff they are selling and I just shake my head at what they offer. They do a solid PF once in awhile, but the Batman Begins/Galactus pose looked awful, Doom looked clearly off portioned, their X-Men PF line might be the best. I don't get how they sell that Fluffy Igelesias and other goofy looking stuff. There is a reason why they make you look and hear their speal at that all stuff then give you the Hot Toys at the end.

Man, I want this speederbike and scout now. Wonder if they will do the bike separate if you have a Luke or Leia? I see them making you buy a scout with the bike like the Mando PO's.

Thanks for the screen grabs, @Asta -- the Scout looks great so far, any inaccuracies notwithstanding. One thing I like is that they didn't turn it yellow and beige with heavy-handed weathering. Hope that sticks. The screen armour was mostly (someone will correct me if I'm misremembering) weathered in black anyway, bar the boots maybe.

Great pics, Asta - thanks for sitting through that for us. :lol

But this pic below is the kind of thing I mean about Mando being the first sculpt, and them then half-converting it to ROTJ instead of it being the other way around. The irony is that differences in Mando (vs ROTJ) are just inaccurate cosplayer armor pieces that are supposed to look like ROTJ but don't, then becoming "canon" by appearing in Mando.

This is the example of the Scout's upper arm armor where they have matched the Mando armor, but still used it on the ROTJ scout. Minor nitpick yeah, but I wish it was the other way around with ROTJ done first.

402v15m.png

I just got this SS Speeder bike and loose scout trooper for $215 at thrift store (Bikes needed lots of work done on it but I manage to fixed it up and have Cool bike and Trooper)
Let’s hope hot toys one make the part out of metals or stronger materials then Sideshow
DC7E5F8C-2709-4058-9AA1-3F80A166F0F6.jpeg

Wondering what's going on with the helmet in this pic, you can flip the front part?

Looks like they lhave used the same mould as the Mando version. They apparently couldn’t get the helmet to fully close on the actor and hot toys replicated it.

Looks like they lhave used the same mould as the Mando version. They apparently couldn’t get the helmet to fully close on the actor and hot toys replicated it.
The screen used Mando Scout helmet is made from a EFX LE helmet. But was wondering if the HT had a flippable faceplate

Back