1/6 Hot Toy - MMS612 - Episode VI - ROTJ: Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the white Z-6 but it's nice to see it in classic brown again.

I feel depictions of the OT Scout often omit the butt flap™ entirely. So I think it's understandable that the figure doesn't have the suede ROTJ flap despite making it inaccurate to the film. Most people would probably never have noticed. It's odd they made them look like pockets instead of just leaving out the detail entirely, though.

This is another instance where the figure is released under a certain film despite not being super accurate to it. With the DLT-19X, this seems like it was almost going to be another VGM Battlefront 2 release like the Snowtrooper but they just labeled it ROTJ.

There's a lot of details that could be picked apart but at the end of the day, it's still a very good looking 1:6 Scout that feels OT so I'm happy with it. There are other collectibles out there to chase total screen accuracy with. I just want a cool Scout Trooper figure.

BF2ST.png

I like the white Z-6 but it's nice to see it in classic brown again.

I feel depictions of the OT Scout often omit the butt flap™ entirely. So I think it's understandable that the figure doesn't have the suede ROTJ flap despite making it inaccurate to the film. Most people would probably never have noticed. It's odd they made them look like pockets instead of just leaving out the detail entirely, though.

This is another instance where the figure is released under a certain film despite not being super accurate to it. With the DLT-19X, this seems like it was almost going to be another VGM Battlefront 2 release like the Snowtrooper but they just labeled it ROTJ.

There's a lot of details that could be picked apart but at the end of the day, it's still a very good looking 1:6 Scout that feels OT so I'm happy with it. There are other collectibles out there to chase total screen accuracy with. I just want a cool Scout Trooper figure.

View attachment 586941
Looks like he just got out of the pool with that tiny grenade of his.

My concern is that none of the photos/videos have the trooper hunched forward enough in that iconic motorbike position. I managed to get it pretty good with the Sideshow combo (without modification), so I'm surprised the HT haven't been able to get that as well?

Im wondering if the mandalorian version has an edge over this in torso articulation because of the different design. I too noticed in the blogger pictures that he wasnt articulated in extreme position on the speeder

I agree.with this statement.
I love his posing videos,always have.

It makes more sense than having the master give his padawan instructions remotely, and the padawan often looking like they're going to break something!

I think they changed the format so they could make it more of an interactive chat, but I preferred it when Terry was just doing his own thing with the figure in hand.

All this really makes me thing to keep the Sideshow Scout trooper as well (though I might sell his bike). Also because of the "salad boots" Hot Toys Scout have, which can be quite fragile over time, while Sideshow ones are big chunks of solid plastic, and still look nice. Decisions, decisions

Those shots are awesome. I can’t believe we have seen any reviews yet. I feel like reviews of Gideon and anakin went up right away.

Finally. I scanned it quickly because I won’t have time to really watch it until later. Looks good to me, it’s not the prototype, but good enough. It’s funny, I skip most of these videos because I don’t need to see the box or 20 minutes on accessories and articulation. Much like my vaunted love making skills, I finish these videos in a few minutes.

Ordered the trooper without the speeder. Arriving Monday hopefully. It’ll go with my Mando scout trooper so I’ll see if there are many differences. Tbh I wouldn’t have bought it if it didn’t come with the rifle.

Back