1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Thanks Darth Snoopy and acorihonzo! Watson - She's almost there bud and you've done and AMAZING job on making this grail piece possible.

By the way, I'm just getting over the flu, but now I'm excited to finally get back to sculpting. I'll see what I can churn up these next few days.

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor, War Doctor, Bad Wolf project FINISHED

I just noticed that there has been over 2300 views of this thread since it began, yet only a handful of folks have commented on it. I know I'm the one that has probably viewed it at least a thousand times, so I know there are more folks that have viewed this yet held back from commenting.

So for all the lurkers that have not yet commented and have sorta liked what I've done, please post if you've enjoyed the journey with me and want me to continue further WIPs of any of my future sculpts.
Even though I do these sculptures because I'm having fun working on them, I get even more motivated if I know other folks are excited about it as well.

For the several of you that have posted, I thank you guys again so much for all your support!

Well I've just spent time going through your entire thread and I just have to say, lord you have mad skills! You likenesses are simply excellent as is your costuming.

If you ever decided to do a Capt Jack I'd be up for it! :D

Re: 1/6: Doctor Who Clara Oswald WIP - Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Wow! You're stuff is top notch man! I've always been on the lookout for a great Rose figure but they all just tend to look like kit-bashed Babies ... yours is killer!

If you or anyone is interested Sirjediknighttim makes incredible custom TARDISs. I have one myself because unlike the BC one, I wanted real wood and wanted that weathered look to match my 10th Doctor figure. I think he's selling make-to-order on eBay now too.

Tim's a great guy and his TARDIS is truly a work of art! Highly recommended!

And Vash, if you EVER get around to making another Rose ... I'm your guy!

Thanks Darth Snoopy and acorihonzo! Watson - She's almost there bud and you've done and AMAZING job on making this grail piece possible.

By the way, I'm just getting over the flu, but now I'm excited to finally get back to sculpting. I'll see what I can churn up these next few days.

You're welcome and I look forward to some Clara action! :rock

Please put me down for a Clara and Rose, right now! I'm so pleased with the Eccleston head I got from you, it is such a great sculpt and was a joy to paint and build and I feel it enhances my collection, as seen in my pics previously posted P.s I was a lurker here for a while and would like others to comment too!

Keep going Vash! your sculpts are great, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Thanks sueworld, mlev88, and meerkat! I'm finally recovered from that dang flu and have started sculpting again.
Darth Snoopy and Tekkaman Blade, I didn't really care for how my Clara sculpt was looking so I decided to try again.
It's still pretty rough since I literally only started it, but I'm liking where it is going so much better. It definitely looks a lot better than the old one and yes those bags will be fixed ;)
NEWCLARA1.jpg

This one looks better as this sculpt doesn't have that chubby look.

Nice work so far! :rock Looking forward to seeing the end result. :)

I like what I'm seeing, nice likeness so far!

Any tip on where I can get a jacket for my 9th doctor custom?

I used a 24 jacket. I posted about it at the beginning of the thread.

I used a Otto Gille Leather jacket, but neither Toy Anxiety or ebay has them anymore at the moment. You might want to do a search and see if you can source it elsewhere or find an alternative. Gangster Kingdom has some really great looking leather coats that may just need to be shortened. Check out Tekkaman Blade's suggestion as well.

Any tip on where I can get a jacket for my 9th doctor custom?

By the way, even though I wanted to focus on finishing other sculpts already started, I had to start on a 10th Doctor sculpt this evening. It's way too early in the sculpt, but hopefully you guys can see him in there:
TENNANT.jpg

I usually don't like posting pics this early in the game, but I know some folks find it pretty fun to see how these things progress.

Well I can see his likeness in this. Great stuff. :D

Definitely! I love the expression too. Much better than BCS's latest attempt. :clap

By the way, even though I wanted to focus on finishing other sculpts already started, I had to start on a 10th Doctor sculpt this evening. It's way too early in the sculpt, but hopefully you guys can see him in there:
TENNANT.jpg

I usually don't like posting pics this early in the game, but I know some folks find it pretty fun to see how these things progress.

You can definitely see the likeness even at this early stage - excellent work! :clap Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out - the 10th Doctor is one of my favourite Doctors. :)

I used a Otto Gille Leather jacket, but neither Toy Anxiety or ebay has them anymore at the moment. You might want to do a search and see if you can source it elsewhere or find an alternative. Gangster Kingdom has some really great looking leather coats that may just need to be shortened. Check out Tekkaman Blade's suggestion as well.

TENNANT.jpg

Very cool! :rock

I have a question for you; what type of body do these sculpts fit on?

I only have the ACI Christian Body, Soldier Story v2.5, and HT Bruce Lee bodies in my collection and they fit these nicely even without a neck peg.

Very cool! :rock

I have a question for you; what type of body do these sculpts fit on?

I also used the Otto Gille leather look jacket that I got from ebay the cut and design of the coat is almost perfect but the military style buttons need to be changed for plain style ones, the type found on dragon US WW2 combat jacket painted black, don't forget to change the cuff buttons too. But a word of warning, the jacket that I bought didn't stand up to much handling in that the surface layer started to separate from the bottom layer so my wife very kindly painstakingly helped to recondition the surface with craft glue and acrylic black paint, saved! thank you!! I used a true type style body with neck from ebay (about a tenner!) overall very happy with the final result especially Vash's sculpt.P1010306_zpsuctzbibw.jpg

Back