1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one at home but can't open it to see how good it looks, as I bought it for a mate!!

Still, I'm tempted .....

I have one at home but can't open it to see how good it looks, as I bought it for a mate!!

Still, I'm tempted .....

Lol, that sucks man. Why didn't you pick one up?

Mine says "Shipped" as well. Now I just have to wait until Christmas........thanks wife!!

I'm doing that with sneaky.. My mom always asks me what I'm getting her to give me for Christmas.. Hopefully it'll ship out in time and I can have it sent to her house, it looks like sideshow should get it by December 20th or so. It'll suck to have to wait until after New Years for it to start shipping.

My whiplash will arrive Monday, so hopefully war machine arrives by Friday at the latest. I have my coffee table setup prepared.. I'm going to go, ultron mk 1 on the left, then war machine mk 2, iron patriot saluting in the middle, then the mk 1, and whiplash will go on the end. I'm going to have to move the 42 & 45 back into the case. I'll probably have to put the top shelf back in one of them and figure out a better way to cram ultron prime into it.

I was after the Nightmare Bats, and picking this up for my mate. It was the only one there- and Nightmare Bats had sold out !!

I was after the Nightmare Bats, and picking this up for my mate. It was the only one there- and Nightmare Bats had sold out !!

Bummer.

I thought about picking it up, but I'm not sure.

I think the death troopers have slip up passed knightmare batman.

Just got my shipping notice too. Should be here Tuesday. Yay!
Ryan

Thursday for me.. That's what I get for living on the east coast. Oh well, I just can't believe it's actually on its way. It's right about this time when I start crossing fingers hoping there's nothing wrong with the figure.

I was thinking of pre ordering from BBTS. I've never ordered from them and I'm curious where they are as far as a shipping date?
Man, this would have been a great 1/4 scale figure...

Ahab

War Machine is way better DieCast than in 1/4 scale. I think the MK1 WM will be the best DC figure to date in terms of amount of DC, weight, added to amazing articulation and the paint etc. I know a lot of ppl say DC does not make a difference (you can't see weight), but I think it adds a lot to articulation, weight distribution and man it just feels awesome to hold a heavy Iron Man/War Machine figure. And over any of the IM/DC figures thus far, the Mark 1 WM deserved the Diecast treatment most.

"War Machine! Coming at ya". Can't wait...this is becoming a grail piece for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

War Machine is way better DieCast than in 1/4 scale. I think the MK1 WM will be the best DC figure to date in terms of amount of DC, weight, added to amazing articulation and the paint etc. I know a lot of ppl say DC does not make a difference (you can't see weight), but I think it adds a lot to articulation, weight distribution and man it just feels awesome to hold a heavy Iron Man/War Machine figure. And over any of the IM/DC figures thus far, the Mark 1 WM deserved the Diecast treatment most.

"War Machine! Coming at ya". Can't wait...this is becoming a grail piece for me.

Diecast doesn't add to articulation in any way at all. A plastic figure can be articulated identically to a D.C. One. Sorry but the only thing that's different about DC over plastic is weight. How important or how much you enjoy the feel is a personal preference but there's really no other difference. (Forgot it can feel cooler to the touch) sorry.

For some reason, some collectors are easily fooled into thinking DC is better.. The only thing better is for HT and the premium prices they charge.

Diecast doesn't add to articulation in any way at all. A plastic figure can be articulated identically to a D.C. One. Sorry but the only thing that's different about DC over plastic is weight. How important or how much you enjoy the feel is a personal preference but there's really no other difference. (Forgot it can feel cooler to the touch) sorry.

#schooled
[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

My whiplash mk 2 arrived today (was supposed to arrive on Monday, so it's nice that it came a little early)

This thing is nuts. Sadly it makes ultron prime's paint job look even more out of place. Now I REALLY can't wait for this figure.

As for diecast .. I couldn't care less what people think it adds or detracts, personally I like the weight, and it puts the perceived value in my head higher, and I enjoy it more knowing that it has some weight to it.

I'd rather spend $350 for a diecast figure than $250 for plastic. I will say that prefer the main armors in diecast and the house party armors in plastic.

Also.. I'm not a big fan of diecast in general, but with these armors I think it's perfect.

My whiplash mk 2 arrived today (was supposed to arrive on Monday, so it's nice that it came a little early)

This thing is nuts. Sadly it makes ultron prime's paint job look even more out of place. Now I REALLY can't wait for this figure.

As for diecast .. I couldn't care less what people think it adds or detracts, personally I like the weight, and it puts the perceived value in my head higher, and I enjoy it more knowing that it has some weight to it.

I'd rather spend $350 for a diecast figure than $250 for plastic. I will say that prefer the main armors in diecast and the house party armors in plastic.

Also.. I'm not a big fan of diecast in general, but with these armors I think it's perfect.

congrats, i love the mk2. very iron man meet medieval knight.

i didn't mean to bash DC, all things equal its a nice plus now that they figured out a flight stand. But its not equal...it costs a way bit more. But outside of the added feeling of heft and the perception of weight equalling quality it really is not different. In fact it can't be as detailed as plastic so its got draw backs, and theres others.

anyway..i was just trying to address the comment about added articulation. this figure will be better then the previous in some areas button because it diecast, it is because its updated. it would have the same features if it were entirely plastic. only difference between an updated DC and an updated plastic is weight.

but this figure is great so enjoy

congrats, i love the mk2. very iron man meet medieval knight.

i didn't mean to bash DC, all things equal its a nice plus now that they figured out a flight stand. But its not equal...it costs a way bit more. But outside of the added feeling of heft and the perception of weight equalling quality it really is not different. In fact it can't be as detailed as plastic so its got draw backs, and theres others.

anyway..i was just trying to address the comment about added articulation. this figure will be better then the previous in some areas button because it diecast, it is because its updated. it would have the same features if it were entirely plastic. only difference between an updated DC and an updated plastic is weight.

but this figure is great so enjoy

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you. Aside from playing games with my head, it doesn't really add much else.

Just for me, I like knowing that they have some weight to them.

I think their formula of diecast main armors and plastic house party armors is perfect.

I haven't played around much with whiplash yet, tonight I'm going to read the directions. I'm happy that all of the lights work, that's always a big concern when buying second hand on eBay from someone who never put batteries in.

I'm so pumped for this war machine.

I have to go with the others and say I like DieCast better. this was why I waited for the mark VI and haven't gone to earlier armors yet. I'll be all over them when they finally do make them. I would even repleace my Mark VII with DC. I'm excited that this figure is coming this week (DC War Machine) and Whiplash soon after.

Back