1/6 DID D80160 WWII German Panzer commander - Jager & E60068 Panther Tank Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to DID the cupola is scheduled for Q4 2022 or Q1 2023.

I looked for other places selling it and they had Q1 23, apart from lacitedesnuages who estimated Q2 23.

I don't think Giantoy even listed it.
Well I messaged Giantoy about the cupola and they said yes they can get it in from their suppliers but it'd be Thursday or Friday probably before it'd be on the website. I said if they stock it I'll place and order!!
Was the same with the MG34 stand just released they weren't stocking it until I explained the gun doesn't come with it. They thought the gun was included and customs would be returning their international orders etc. I'm gonna keep an eye out on Giantoy for it as I want the cupola. I'd like a sand one and make more realistic camo pattern but I don't have the confidence to do that.

Well I messaged Giantoy about the cupola and they said yes they can get it in from their suppliers but it'd be Thursday or Friday probably before it'd be on the website. I said if they stock it I'll place and order!!
Was the same with the MG34 stand just released they weren't stocking it until I explained the gun doesn't come with it. They thought the gun was included and customs would be returning their international orders etc. I'm gonna keep an eye out on Giantoy for it as I want the cupola. I'd like a sand one and make more realistic camo pattern but I don't have the confidence to do that.

It's funny Giantoy got jittery thinking it included the MG34. Were they planning to be ultra honest and write "Gun" on all the customs forms? :lol

Parcels usually have a description like "Toy" or "Model" on them. Customs wouldn't even know what it was unless they opened it, and if they did they'd soon see it was just a non-functional miniature.

They shipped out Jager yesterday and he's started making some progress through the system.

One of the complaints that's come up about him is that he's on a short body - the Advanced Body (Slim Short Version). The same body they put Bialas on, and will hopefully use for Rommel.

I bought three of their regular bodies - Advanced Body (Slim Version) - to make figures from the spare clothes from sets. I'm wondering whether I should put both Jager figures onto them, and keep the Short Jager body in reserve for Rommel in case DID don't use the short one. (The 3R site doesn't list the full specs for figures).

DID posted their unboxing and assembly video on Weibo.

The only way I could share it directly here was by downloading and uploading. It's in Chinese, but no doubt there'll be an English translation on Youtube soon.

It's funny Giantoy got jittery thinking it included the MG34. Were they planning to be ultra honest and write "Gun" on all the customs forms? :lol

Parcels usually have a description like "Toy" or "Model" on them. Customs wouldn't even know what it was unless they opened it, and if they did they'd soon see it was just a non-functional miniature.

They shipped out Jager yesterday and he's started making some progress through the system.

One of the complaints that's come up about him is that he's on a short body - the Advanced Body (Slim Short Version). The same body they put Bialas on, and will hopefully use for Rommel.

I bought three of their regular bodies - Advanced Body (Slim Version) - to make figures from the spare clothes from sets. I'm wondering whether I should put both Jager figures onto them, and keep the Short Jager body in reserve for Rommel in case DID don't use the short one. (The 3R site doesn't list the full specs for figures).
They Said they wouldn't stock it on account of the gun as they had issues in the past selling guns, customs would send them back or just confiscate them. I had a Dragon MG42 returned to seller in China awhile back after waiting weeks for customs denied it entry even though its a freaking toy plastic model. I can understand where they were coming from.

The new DID body's I dont know how I feel about them. I think I prefer the old body's. They have put the neck peg deeper and lower in the new body's when you put on a Dragon or older DID jacket it looks like the figure had no neck the jacket sits so high/headsulculpt sits so low on body. It looks stupid.

The new DID body's I dont know how I feel about them. I think I prefer the old body's. They have put the neck peg deeper and lower in the new body's when you put on a Dragon or older DID jacket it looks like the figure had no neck the jacket sits so high/headsulculpt sits so low on body. It looks stupid.

I'm not finding that problem with sculpts. At the moment I have a QMx Picard and SW Hannibal Lecter that work. VTS/DAM also work. In fact without using DID's smaller neck joint they would sit a bit too high. The test jacket I used is a Dragon Models German tunic.

The problem is fixing them because DID uses smaller connections. So I glue the sculpt to DID's neck joint piece. That works well because I can pull the sculpt and neck connector off the peg and switch sculpts easily.

I was planning to use the creepy, leering Anthony Hopkins for the HJ Standartenführer, and the Patrick Stewart for the Heer Hauptmann. I want to save the scarred Jager for the DAK figure I'll make from Rommel spares because the tropenhelm will probably fit it better.

Asta is your Jager figure on the way and shipped? Mine still says on pre order ship after official release! I buy from Giantoy

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=390897&extra=page=1
Coming Soon: DID Platform

q1.jpg
q2.jpg
q3.jpg
q4.jpg
q5.jpg
q6.jpg
q7.jpg
q8.jpg
q9.jpg
q10.jpg

Will it be out for the January release date I wonder. How old are these photos!!

Hard to say. I haven't found the original source - they weren't posted on Instagram, Weibo or any of DID's Facebook accounts.

gzr123 and xjjiaoshou are the two BBICN forum members who often post information early, and I suspected one or both of them to be DID related staff.

Jager's already landed in the UK, which was unexpected. The parcel went into the system on 29th December and flew out on New Year's Day.

This is like my last parcel from Kit, which was a case of, "Christmas? What Christmas?"

Mine hasn't even been sent yet. Also, my packages take 2 weeks minimum from Giantoy

I wonder what's up with that?

GT usually takes 2-3 days after sending the invoice before getting the parcel into the post, then most are de!ivered in 7-9 days. Looking at my records a couple took 12 days, and the longest was 13 days in early December 2021.

They're pretty responsive to communication so you should ask them if something's wrong.

I wonder what's up with that?

GT usually takes 2-3 days after sending the invoice before getting the parcel into the post, then most are delivered in 7-9 days. Looking at my records a couple took 12 days, and the longest was 13 days in early December 2021.

They're pretty responsive to communication so you should ask them if something's wrong.
It's because Irish customs always hold things up. Giantoy used to send via FedEx option for a bit extra, but took that option away for Ireland, as my first order with them took 3 and a half weeks that was paying for FedEx option. They said they've had that problem alot for Ireland as customs regardless of all relevant paperwork done correctly for some reason they hold the whole thing up. So they dont bother anymore its standard 2 week delivery. My orders take around 15 - 18 days on average.

It's because Irish customs always hold things up. Giantoy used to send via FedEx option for a bit extra, but took that option away for Ireland, as my first order with them took 3 and a half weeks that was paying for FedEx option. They said they've had that problem alot for Ireland as customs regardless of all relevant paperwork done correctly for some reason they hold the whole thing up. So they dont bother anymore its standard 2 week delivery. My orders take around 15 - 18 days on average.

That's not good.

You said last week that yours was still on "pre order ship after official release" status. I looked on the site and Jager's marked as a pre-order, but with the deposit option crossed out. That likely indicates they didn't receive their full consignment, but are expecting the rest soon (so soon that they're only taking full payments now).

Back