1/6 DID D80160 WWII German Panzer commander - Jager & E60068 Panther Tank Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asta

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
DID Klaus.jpeg

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8820590/?ref_=tt_ch
t2.jpg

t3.jpg

This explains DID's tease of the Panzer night vision equipment.

vlcsnap-2022-09-28-11h51m25s279.jpg

FG1250 IR Night Vision:

panther-fg-1250.jpg

295433860_179456114534472_3195487147330159231_n.jpg

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2
I'm really liking these releases with the tank cupolas.

I recently picked up the Facepool Russian Tank Cupola and it really is nicely done.

I watched T-34 yesterday. :monkey1

In the words of several reviewers on IMDB, it's a Russian "fairy tale".

It's like The Fast and the Furious with tanks. :lol

Waffen-SS Standartenführer (Colonel) Klaus Jäger is the only man who can save Germany from defeat according to Himmler. :rotfl

Such defeatist talk would've been dealt with by a bullet to the head, but in any case...

The great plan is to use some Russian POWs with tank experience to repair a T-34 and drive it so German Panzer cadets can train against them.

The only problem is that the notoriously efficient Germans failed to notice that the T-34 still had a supply of ammunition inside. The POWs fire on the building from which the officers are observing the training, and then do a runner, running over all the fancy staff cars in the car park on their way out.

The T-34 trundles off causing chaos everywhere, and Standartenführer Jäger dons his Panzer uniform (it's a camouflage tunic rather than black) and goes off in pursuit.

Turns out this nasty SS officer is actually a gentleman of sorts. He throws down a gauntlet (literally) and challenges them to a tank duel on a bridge.

The rest is history. Or not. :lol

I don't know whether DiD intend to include the movie uniform as well and make this a movie figure, or whether they just used the scarred sculpt and applied it to a generic Panzer officer. Seems like one of their team watched the film and was initially inspired to make the cupola with night vision equipment.

Full details have been released, and they've made the decision to allow him to be made as either Waffen-SS or Heer.

The black panzer wrap is of the Heer design, and the camouflage one is the SS design. The Heer jacket fastens further across, and it has the pink Panzer piping that the SS lacks. The SS collar is supposed to be smaller and more rounded, but they appear to be same here.

Someone's already pointed out on their Facebook that the trousers are SS pattern, so this effort to cover both bases may have failed.

DID proudly presents 1/6 WWII German Panzer commander - Jager (D80160)!

Part List

Base:

1 Super realistic headsculpt
2 All New - DID 1:6 Advanced Body (SlimShort Ver.)
3 Open palms
4 Gun-holding palms

Outfits:

5 WWII German WH panzer officer visor cap
6 WWII German SS panzer officer crusher cap
7 Grey shirt
8 Black tie
9 German Heer black panzer jacket
10 Black panzer trousers
11 German SS Italian camo panzer jacket [the original specs refer to at Heer, but it's SS pattern]
12 Grey gloves
13 Brown belt (genuine leather)
14 Boots

Accessories:

15 Map case (genuine leather)
16 German panzer headphone
17 Throat vibration mic
18 Binoculars
19 Pipe
20 Cigarette
21 Watch
22 Ring

Weapon:

23 P38 pistol with holster (genuine leather)
24 MP38 submachine gun with clip X 2

Insignia:

25 Cap badge X 2 + Eagle X 2
26 Breast Eagle X 1
27 Sleeve Eagle X 1
28 Panzer collar tab X 1 pair
29 Standartenführer collar tab X 1 pair
30 Shoulder board X 2 pairs
31 Standartenführer camo rank sleeve insignia X 1
32 Panzer Badge in Silver X 1
33 Iron cross First Class 1939 X 1
34 Wound Badge in Gold X 1
35 Tank Destruction Badge X 1
36 Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross X 1
37 Cuff title X 1

1/6 Panther tank diorama(E60068) is NOT included in D80160

Please check here for more info about the figure.
https://www.did.co/portfolio/d80160/
MSRP: USD 139.99 pcs (Shipping, VAT and duty are NOT included).

Brief Introduction​

WWII German Panzer Division represents the highest technical level of the German army. The ability of rapid assault allowed them to quickly annihilate the enemy troops in the blitzkrieg operations. It not only created a brilliant record of victory, but also led an era of tactical innovation.

DID proudly presents the long-waited 1/6 WWII German Panzer commander – Jager! He comes with a super realistic headsculpt with scars. The deep eyes reveal a calm and determined gaze. Jager looks very unperturbed and fearless.

Jager usually wears a classic German WH black panzer jacket, trousers and grey shirt. A newly crafted Italian camo panzer jacket is included as well. There is a German WH panzer officer visor cap and a SS panzer officer crusher cap for him. They can be matched with the black panzer jacket and camo jacket respectively. The boots are brand-new. You could DIY different outfits according to the different combat scenarios.

Jager comes with the brown MP38 submachine gun that was used by the panzer division. MP38 was the first submachine gun made of steel and plastic in the world and pioneered the use of a folding stock. It is short and compact, but with great firepower, which could effectively protect the weak tanks. It is ideal for the German panzer division. Jager also has a P38 pistol, with a genuine leather holster.
As a panzer commander, Jager is equipped with a brand-new 7×56 binoculars, a real-leather map case and belt, a German panzer headphone and throat vibration mic, cigarettes and pipe etc. There are a number of metal medals which are finely engraved, including the unique Panzer collar tabs and Standartenführer collar tabs.

Jager is ready to fight. Let’s join in!

PS:1/6 Panther tank diorama(E60068) is NOT included in D80160.

j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg
j4.jpg
j5.jpg
j6.jpg

j24.jpg

j7.jpg
j8.jpg
j9.jpg
j10.jpg
j11].jpg
j12.jpg
j13.jpg

j15.jpg
j16.jpg
j17.jpg
j19.jpg
j20.jpg

j14.jpg

Attachments

• j7.jpg
    j7.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 1
  • j10.jpg
    j10.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 1
  • j9.jpg
    j9.jpg
    420.6 KB · Views: 1
  • j8.jpg
    j8.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 1
  • j5.jpg
    j5.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 1
  • j4.jpg
    j4.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 1
  • j3.jpg
    j3.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 1
  • j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 1
  • J1.jpg
    J1.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 1
  • j9.jpg
    j9.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
With reference to the point raised on DID's Facebook about the SS trousers not matching the Heer panzer wrap:

j21.jpg

The difference that stands out is the design of the pocket flaps:

Heer panzer trousers:

Panzer Heer.jpg

SS panzer trousers:

Panzer SS.jpg

The camouflage SS panzer wrap is shown with SS-Standartenführer (Colonel) shoulder boards:

j23.jpg

The black Heer panzer wrap is show with Hauptmann (Captain) shoulder boards:

j22.jpg

Yawn... yet another Panzer from DID

For many years I didn't keep up with WWII releases. In my Dragon collecting days I had the double pack of Michael Wittmann and Bobby Woll. I think Wittmann's been released a few times.

I looked back to the beginning of DID's product history page, and Wittmann is the earliest figure they show now.

While they're only giving SS trousers to Jager to use for his Heer representation, they gave Heer trousers to SS-Hauptsturmfuhrer Wittmann. :unsure:

WWII-German-SS-Hauptsturmführer-Michael-Wittmann-D80098-15.jpg

WWII-German-SS-Hauptsturmführer-Michael-Wittmann-D80098-21.jpg

WWII-German-SS-Hauptsturmführer-Michael-Wittmann-D80098-23.jpg

They did the same for SS-Standartenfuhrer Joachim Peiper:

D80120-Joachim-Peiper-SS-Standartenfuhrer-22.jpg

D80120-Joachim-Peiper-SS-Standartenfuhrer-25.jpg

The other panzer sets they show are the Heer Otto Carius, who came as standard or summer versions, but the only differences were the secondary non-panzer uniforms:

D80117G-Wehrmacht-Heer-Tiger-Ace-Otto-Carius-Standard-Version-007.jpg

Yeah in my opinion this is kind of a waste of a release because I want them to finish the SPR line faster but it does have 3 Interesting things that stood out to me, for one the price is $140 thats old pricing and for DiD quality its an extreamly good value, second the camo Panzer wrap is actually pretty unique and a good piece to have in a tanker collection and the third thing is that MP40 has a new wood varnish? I don't think DiD has done this version before.

Yeah in my opinion this is kind of a waste of a release because I want them to finish the SPR line faster but it does have 3 Interesting things that stood out to me, for one the price is $140 thats old pricing and for DiD quality its an extreamly good value,

The price is surprising. I'm still waiting for Giantoy to list him to see how much they add on for shipping (Timewalker and Monkey Depot have hime at the quoted $139.99).

second the camo Panzer wrap is actually pretty unique and a good piece to have in a tanker collection

Since I gutted my WWII collection years ago I'm drawn to this one to add a heer panzer officer. I can use the all black uniform for the 26. Panzer-Division in Italy, but ironically have no use for the nice looking SS Italian camo. The Wehrmacht did make uniforms out of Italian camouflage, but the wrap is tailored in the SS pattern, and has the HitlerJugend cuff title. The HJ weren't sent to Italy, and I'm trying to limit myself by keeping away from northern Europe.

and the third thing is that MP40 has a new wood varnish? I don't think DiD has done this version before.

It's an MP38 with the grip and handguard made of Bakelite - though Wikipedia says it's Margolit, a variation of Bakelite. I can't find anything relevant to plastic with searches for 'Margolit'. I presume it was a German plastics company or process copying Bakelite's.

Giantoy have listed him now: $194.99.

It's a big chunk of delivery costs nowadays, but he's $35 less than Bialas.

DID Jager 13.jpg
DiD Bialas 16.jpg

Looking at the contents the overall price comparison doesn't seem bad, although with Bialas I was able to use every part (apart from the bendy hands).

I'll get less use from Jager due to the SS wrap and cap. I wasn't planning on collecting SS again so I don't know how I'll use them. But one thing I never want to do again is get rid of stuff, because invariably I'll kick myself in the future.

If I still had my old Dragon figures I'd have trousers, shirts, boots, belts, holsters etc to make use of DID's spares.

A handy video explaining the MP38 and MP40 and their history:

I eventually found an explanation for "Margolit":

https://www.mp40.nl/index.php?page=mp-40
One of the producers of the Bakelite parts for the guns was the Vereinigte Isolatorenwerke A.G. or Viacowerke from Berlin-Pankow.

"Margolit" was Viacowerke's trade name for Bakelite.

Initial production of the MP38 used blended brown Margolit.

E60068 1/6 Panther Tank Diorama

Brief Introduction​

To better present Jager and re-create the combat scenes of the WWII German Panzer Commander, DID presents you the 1/6 Panther tank diorama.

It includes the Panther G Commander cupola, wooden base and FG1250 IR night vision scope. The panther G Commander cupola is made of metal and could be opened flexibly. Wooden base with Zimmerit coating on both sides, cross emblems and metal-made panzer emblem are included.

The night vision scope is made of plastic and composed of the infrared night vision device, exchangeable lens and bracket. It could be lit up and is made for night fighting.

1/6 Panther tank diorama is the perfect match for the German Panzer Commander. Just come and get it!

PS:1/6 WWII German Panzer Commander – Jager (D80160) is NOT included in E60068.

Full Part List​

Base:

1 FG1250 IR night vision scope (can be lit up and with exchangeable lens)

2 Panther G commander cupola (metal)

3 Wooden base (with Zimmerit coating, cross emblem and metal panzer emblem)

E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-0.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-1.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-3.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-4.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-5.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-6.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-7.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-8.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-9.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-10.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-11.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-12.gif
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-13.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-14.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-15.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-24.jpg
E60068-16-Panther-tank-diorama-25.jpg
E60068-SIZE.png

What a cool display base.

I ended up picking up the Soviet tank display base from the female tanker figure and it really is a classy looking piece.

There's been a lot of complaints about the camouflage paint on the BBICN forum.

This is the design from T-34 that it's supposed to replicate:

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

t5.jpg

t6.jpg

t7.jpg

t1.jpg
t2.jpg

From the BBICN forum:

In order to make it easier for players to create more personalized 1/6 Leopard tank scenes, we have specially launched a sand-colored version of the scene. The Leopard tank cover and anti-magnetic armor are all sand-colored. You can DIY anything on top of it. Color, make your own 1/6 Leopard tank scene, I hope you will like it! thank you for your support!

Model number: E60068S Model
name: 1/6 WWII German Panther G tank command tower platform scene (sand version)
MSRP: RMB 890

j1.jpeg
j2.jpeg
j3.jpeg

The translation of "Panther" to "Leopard" is unfortunate since the Leopard was a post war tank. Though there was a wartime light reconnaissance vehicle called the VK 16.02 Leopard which was cancelled before production.

And now from the horse's mouth :lol:

DID Action Figures added 3 new photos.​

57 m ·

To make the 1/6 Panther tank diorama more personnel, we also released the Sand Version. Both the commander cupola and zimmerit coating are painted with sand color. So you could DIY your 1/6 Panther tank diorama as you want. Hope you will like it. Thank you for your support.
Item #: E60068S
Item Description: 1/6 Panther tank diorama (sand version)
MSRP: USD 123.99 / pcs (Shipping, VAT and duty are NOT included.)

The camo is definitely off from the film and definitely not historically accurate, as far as I know.

Plus the overly regular and neat zimmerit pattern has been panned multiple times.

1024px-Zimmerit_Tiger_II_2_Bovington.jpg

All in all, this tank cupola hasn't been received positively.

The ugliest platform in the history of soldiers has appeared, and the texture on the side is neither historical nor beautiful

Back