1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant work, DEATHASYLUM. Holster came out great and the two figures together have amazing shelf presents. Now you’ve really pushed me into getting a second Dark Toys Max to display both looks.

Free yourself from the thought of just one Max figure...

Mad Max GIF 1.gif

I know the body is all kinds of wrong. But I'm still quite happy with the result. Dark Toys sculpts + Premier Toys clothes and accessories, Art Figures Boy Black body. It was the closest to the sculpts tone, even if it seems clearly off in the photos, in real life it's pretty close.
What do you think of my buffed Max?

IMG_1950.jpeg
IMG_1954.jpeg
IMG_1952.jpeg
IMG_1951.jpeg
IMG_1953.jpeg

I upgraded my MAX with a modified Sam Browne belt.

I lenghtened it as it was too short and then painted it black. I also had to redo the shoulder strap to look more accurate...Added a new brass buckle and some silver clips for the tools to hang on.
Happy enough with the results.

Picked up some new binoculars as well, but i think they're a tad too small.

And last but by no means least i repainted the eyes on DOG to a more accurate yellow colour. 🐶

DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG
DSC_0007.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

I know the body is all kinds of wrong. But I'm still quite happy with the result. Dark Toys sculpts + Premier Toys clothes and accessories, Art Figures Boy Black body. It was the closest to the sculpts tone, even if it seems clearly off in the photos, in real life it's pretty close.
What do you think of my buffed Max?

View attachment 659496View attachment 659497View attachment 659498View attachment 659499View attachment 659500
Looking through this thread again, closely this time. Starting the process of working on Max. Inspiration and guidance is definitely found here. I noticed your leg brace. Is it the one from Premier Toys? It looks like it. I say this because your leg brace has the same defect mine has. You have two inside brackets at the knee. The outside bar should be straight. Not that that is accurate anyway. Both bars should be closer to straight. Just an FYI.

Looking through this thread again, closely this time. Starting the process of working on Max. Inspiration and guidance is definitely found here. I noticed your leg brace. Is it the one from Premier Toys? It looks like it. I say this because your leg brace has the same defect mine has. You have two inside brackets at the knee. The outside bar should be straight. Not that that is accurate anyway. Both bars should be closer to straight. Just an FYI.
It's Premier Toys', yes.

I upgraded my MAX with a modified Sam Browne belt.

I lenghtened it as it was too short and then painted it black. I also had to redo the shoulder strap to look more accurate...Added a new brass buckle and some silver clips for the tools to hang on.
Happy enough with the results.

Picked up some new binoculars as well, but i think they're a tad too small.

And last but by no means least i repainted the eyes on DOG to a more accurate yellow colour. 🐶

View attachment 659962View attachment 659963View attachment 659965View attachment 659966View attachment 659967
View attachment 659971
It's this belt I wanted to make for Max the original was also pretty accurate to the real one but understandable you had to make it longer. Hope to have something similar done.

Awesome! Thanks for posting deathasylum. I had no idea about the training and effort that was required to get Dog to play 'Dog' on screen. Glad he had a happy retirement too. Also, ironically, he made it to the sea in the end just like the Oil refiners / Great Northern tribes were hoping too!

Back