1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the second Max is slowly coming along. Still a work in progress, but it’s getting there.
IMG_9456.jpeg

Thanks Wor-Gar & FlyAndFlight! Very happy with the decision to have both looks. Just need to finish up the belt and decide on a material for my smaller holster. And glad you noticed the extra weathering for the BD version :duff

Yeah, they look outstanding deathasylum! Like you, I'd like to eventually have both versions of Max, one from the beginning and one battle damaged from the end of the film.

This is a resin kit figure that I have tried to find for quite sometime but when I have the asking price is simply ridiculously high..even with some missing or broken pieces!!!!!!!
Capture+_2023-08-27-22-24-38(1).png
, is suppose to be 1/6 scale and the original cost was around $100/125 USD, is a very good base for parts to make a 1/6 figure replacing the main body, there would be some fabrication needed and a lot of cutting involved...but think the main important pieces like the helmet and the little guy in itself worth the trouble, if indeed is 1/6 scale.
This will look great with a Thunderdome Mad Max figure conversion based in one of the current available ones, I am using the Dark Toys as a base for mine.

Yes, I remember that Garage kit from a few years back, it was a really nice one! There was also a great Wez kit. I still have a fondness for the resin garage kits of old. They arrived for collectors long before the custom 1/6 action figure releases. Somewhere I still have my old Max kit with dog and the feral kid produced by Needful things.

My Dark Toys Max has finally shipped! Once it arrives, I'll be able to start combining the best parts with the same from the Premier Toys version. What ever is left can go towards the second version. (One to be early film, the other the later "battle damaged" version. Not sure which will be which...)

Starting to work on my Premier/Dark Toys Max crossover.

Customizing the shoulder harness/ new knee pad … will post progress photos soon
Looking forward to your project!

And just to give credit where credit is due, I had ordered my Dark Toys from TNS and did receive notice today that it shipped but the tracker shows that it had actually shipped out over a week ago and is already in the States, on its way to me. Should arrive in a couple of days.

So spent a fair bit of last night going through the thread… most of the sculpts with dark toys head just look so disproportional, though I get it may be the camera work. Though DEATHASYLUM’s work shows that it can be fixed.

What I am trying to figure out is what the best body is to go with the dark toys sculpt, and/or if anyone has any thoughts on best body to go with the present toys sculpt.

I think the present toys sculpt looks like it works if the body is swapped out to make things more proportional.

I saw some recommendations on some body swaps but wondering if anyone has any significant opinions on the matter.

I swapped the Premier toys with JX 02S body ( slightly shorter but looks better proportionally) I may add ankle extension to give legs a tad more height to make the metal brace more proportionally correct— or I may trim the brace- I am going all out on this project- and have no issue altering what I have)

Back