1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's just the angle that's making the Dingo look a tad underscaled :unsure:

1688143427508.png

:slap

Defeated again... for the 3rd time? Why can't someone make a solid Mad Max...?

Now the question becomes: which of the three Maxs was the best? I'm still hoping this one is the best version overall. All need a head replacement, so that's a wash. But I would like to know how the body is on this, how the outfit is, the leather goods, etc.
Right?! I've been dying for a decent Max and still haven't been happy with the offerings.

Right?! I've been dying for a decent Max and still haven't been happy with the offerings.
I agree, as much as I am aware that for all Max 1/6 collectors our budgets have limits, I still dream of one final, definitive custom run where we can commission a full (real) leather outfit and belts, holsters, boots etc., metal tools and accessories and a head sculpt that finally, definitively, captures Gibson as Max.

Mine is shipping but looking at the pics earlier it looks a little disappointing leathers wise. Sculpt likeness looks ok but hard to tell what the paint apps are like from those pics. Definitely needs a lot of work which I anticipated, so we will see!

I agree, as much as I am aware that for all Max 1/6 collectors our budgets have limits, I still dream of one final, definitive custom run where we can commission a full (real) leather outfit and belts, holsters, boots etc., metal tools and accessories and a head sculpt that finally, definitively, captures Gibson as Max.
I was thinking about that also. Hence why I haven't even made a MM2 Max yet. I was thinking of having Siberian customs make it in the future including the boots and since IDSworkshop made the leg brace and he's friend with SC he can make accessories and the brace also.

I think Premier has the best 'leathers' once they're put on a smaller, more appropriately scaled body.

Dark Toys already used a smaller body, but their 'leathers' look as though they were tailored for a bigger one, going by the bagginess of the left sleeve. It also shows up with the baggier trouser legs in the video review, when he does the side by side with Premier.

Dark Toys' head also gives the impression of being oversized, but it has the best underlying sculpt.

Premier had a much worse, and smaller sculpt on a bigger body.

Dark Toys' leg brace looks neater (closer fitting), and the holster looks better in black.

I can live with the Premier, on a JX S01 Asian Small Muscle body, but the sculpt is still pretty odd.

51801700844_d3a79590be_o.jpg

51803612603_8fa31d9b49_o.jpg

As soon as Redman/Dark Toys hands their Max sculpt over to the painter that did their after market Deckard I think we'll all be a lot happier. :lol

Last edited:
First hand. On review in YouTube on this figure, just saw it, several things in this figure need attention, remake or fixing...but still think it have a lot of potential.

Finally lol
was waiting to pay my preorder.
This is really a botched release.
The yellow hands and head are really annoying.
Wanted to add those to my present toys max wich is pretty good once futzed body swapped (joe colton wich is basically a ttm20 with broader shoulders).
The rest works but seriously what did they had in mind to use that tiny body.
Wanna try my hand at weathering, what shoul i get? Tamiya sets?
Thanks

Attachments

• 441329-IMG-20230409-130857.jpeg
    441329-IMG-20230409-130857.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
So, 2 little things annoyed me (other than the color difference between his hands and forearms). Only one of the headsculpts had the little rubber thing inside the neck to go on the end of the neck joint, so I can't even really use the battle damaged headsculpt until I get another little rubber thing (I tried to get it out and couldn't). And the open hand to hold the shotgun doesn't have a bent trigger finger for some stupid reason, so he can't really hold the shotgun without dropping it easily. Super annoying and easily avoidable. Apart from that the figure looks good.
1000006770.jpg
1000006769.jpg
1000006768.jpg
1000006766.jpg
1000006767.jpg
1000006765.jpg
1000006764.jpg

That's some crazy angles. The head looks huge. Can't you just shoot one straight on -- not up looking down?

Based on that comparison video review, looks like this figure is far better in most ways to the Premier version. So that's good...

Last edited:
That's some crazy angles. The head looks huge. Can't you just shoot one straight on -- not up looking down?
The second pic was straight on:

1000006769.jpg

his head doesn't look that big in person. It's maybe a little too big? It doesn't bother me at all, but hey everyone's different.
1000006771.jpg

Does anyone know where I can buy some of those little rubber round things that go on the top of a neck connector and slot into the headsculpt?

Back