1/6 DARK TOYS DTM005 Collectible Figure MAX DX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting Kam! It's always nice to see side by side comparisons . I would like to pick up the dog if possible if it is sold separately on ebay.

Picked up the Dark Toys sculpt to go with my Premier Gladiator Warrior figure. Any suggestions for a better body to use?

I can't believe there's still no video reviews and no thorough pictures on this.

I think I want to pick this up but the silence on this one makes me nervous.

I got mine in the other day and waited a few days to open it out of sheer dread. All things considered, the figure on the whole is not bad. Paint on the hands is the worst I have ever seen. Was disappointed the leg brace was plastic, then I put some nuln oil on it and it looks great.

Yeah, he's gonna need a lot of modding, and modding I am not looking forward to doing. Sometimes modding a figure (like Decard) is fun because of the pursuit. This one, I just wanted him perfect out of the box, and we all know he is not.

I got mine in the other day and waited a few days to open it out of sheer dread. All things considered, the figure on the whole is not bad. Paint on the hands is the worst I have ever seen. Was disappointed the leg brace was plastic, then I put some nuln oil on it and it looks great.

Yeah, he's gonna need a lot of modding, and modding I am not looking forward to doing. Sometimes modding a figure (like Decard) is fun because of the pursuit. This one, I just wanted him perfect out of the box, and we all know he is not.

So is he worth it? At the end of the day?

Love to see any pictures too.

From memory I think even the original leg brace on the Cult King Road Fighter figure (which the Dark Toys is based on) was resin or plastic, I can't remember which.

Put mine on a Tony stark body, weathered everything and used some Gundam real touch markers to tint the fingers a nicer color, just gotta get the head repainted now 👍imo this is the best max of the 3
IMG_20230711_234259.jpg
IMG_20230711_234314.jpg
IMG_20230711_234320.jpg
IMG_20230711_234325.jpg

All except for the bulky left sleeve, which is unbelievably something Premier actually did better.
That I agree on, I guess its what would you rather a crap figure with a nice sleeve or a better figure with a crap sleeve 😂 I'll take the crap sleeve any day

Looks great there, apart from the body/head skin tones not matching. What did you use to weather the leather?
Thanks mate 👍 I dry brushed everything lightly with this, made sure I hit the edges abit extra
20170851-00677TUBE_575x575.jpg
then for the parts that I wanted to look sort of dirty/dusty I dry brushed this on the ends of the boots, knees, zippers etc
images (5).jpeg
took maybe an hour and a half, that includes doing everything so not that long really

Back