1/6 custom pilots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pics are crappy but you should get the idea of whta the helmet is going to look like. made from a modern pilot helmet. just dremeled away the top and bottom. just need to add the "earphone things and paint it and i think this guy will be done for the most part.

awinghelmet002.jpg

awinghelmet004.jpg

awinghelmet005.jpg

Still working on the helmet for this guy. Tried a couple of different things but cant figure out the ear piece deals on the side. I'll figure something out.
Took some fabric to mom1982 and had her sew some leggings for this guy. turned out really nice i think. told her she could have a new job in SW 1/6 but she wasnt keen to it.:dunno

r2q2005.jpg

back shot
r2q2006.jpg

Last edited:
He looks mighty fine indeed...... I would love to know how to do moulds and cast stuff. It would be really cool.

Thanks guys.
mold making comes in handy definately (for personal use). instead of buying 10 of one part, you can just buy one and make a mold of it. there's plenty of tutorials on the net about making molds/ casts. pm me if you have any questions. im not really an expert but know the basics i guess.

I figured I would bump this thread with a teaser/WIP picture of my B-Wing pilot.

bwing.JPG

Working on the box and waiting for some parts so I can finish him up. This thread has been a great resource, thanks Ryan.

Chris

Chris that's looking awesome!!
cant wait to see more pics man.
gona try and make a few casts of the chest box today and see how they turn out.
I have my pilot about 90% done... just need to do some detail paint on the helmet and some other little stuffs.
Great work Chak, looking good.

Chris that's looking awesome!!
cant wait to see more pics man.
gona try and make a few casts of the chest box today and see how they turn out.
I have my pilot about 90% done... just need to do some detail paint on the helmet and some other little stuffs.
Great work Chak, looking good.

Thanks Ryan, no worries on the chest boxes. I think I found an easy way to make a few of them. Let me know though if you get the casts to work.

Still working on the helmet for this guy. Tried a couple of different things but cant figure out the ear piece deals on the side. I'll figure something out.
Took some fabric to mom1982 and had her sew some leggings for this guy. turned out really nice i think. told her she could have a new job in SW 1/6 but she wasnt keen to it.:dunno

The entire sewing thing really makes some customs difficult.... I wonder if there's an easy way to do it? Perhaps a small handheld sewing machine of some sort? just enough for a couple stitches here and there?:confused:

Well I guess its not to difficult the way I am doing it. I am using this sort of putty stuff to make the moulds. I am making them in two halves. I am using this stuff called resin plaster which is amazing .

What have I cast????

Well I have just done a Bossk head, a weequay and some other ones for the cantina corner.

I love it!!

Back