1/6 COMMANDO/REDHEAT/DIEHARD/BEYONDTHELAW/FIGHTCLUB ~ elämän merimies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 COMMANDO/RED HEAT ~ elämän merimies WIP Custom kitbash

another awesome figure

UPDATE M202A1:
The "Valmet update" got me thinking, I was originally going to re-construct the rocket launcher, but didn't have the guts to do it back then (as I didn't want to devalue the Zacca kit :cuckoo:).
So, today I just decided to blow Matrix's M202A1 up to pieces in a desperate attempt to finally try and mod it?

The goal was to make it look more like the movie prop and not the actual weapon.

The actual M202A1:
M202A2_FLASH.JPG

Movie prop (noticably smaller barrels/shape of the front panel etc.):
550px-CommandoM202Flash-6.jpg
550px-CommandoM202Flash-2.jpg

So, I changed the sling+fasteners and made a new front panel out of rubber. Now this thing actually has four barrels/pipes in the front oppose to a panel with just four empty holes in it. The barrels dont actually run through the whole laucher, but are just about 30mm long, made out of 38. special shells. The Zacca model is constructed in a way which doesen't actually allow pipes running all the way through it and I didn't want to make the re-construction any harder than it already was. So 30mm and the illusion of barrels had to be good-enough for me :)
Oh, and as the pipes dont run all-the-way through, the back of the kit still remains un-modded, but maybe someday I'll be able to change that aswell... will have to think about it a bit first.

This mod also added a bit of weight to the model, which I think is a nice touch. Somehow it sits better on the hand now.
Slight miss-coloration in the front panel, but my local shop didn't have the right paint :slap (light olive, I'm quessing?) was thinking of repainting the the whole thing, but (although not movie accurate) I kinda like the signs/warnings on top.

00_M202A1_Update.jpg

Also, to my surprise I was still able to change the left arm camo? The color hadn't gone that far in the rubber.
It still shows a little shadow to where the camo originally was, but with patience I was mostly able to remove the water based color from the left arm :yess:

I' LL BE BACK!
- -

That's fantastic. Please advise how you made the rear stock for the Valmet? Could you make one for me?

Thanks. Dunno how to advice it exactly? It's carved out of wood, spackled, sanded and painted.
I could make one for you, but as a singular/unique piece it would become quite expensive. It's a lot of work and I really dont have the option to cast it at the moment.

Wow I wish I could have that Commando O_O It's amazing.

Looking great mate. How did you manage to remove the camp from the arm?

Looking great mate. How did you manage to remove the camo(?) from the arm?

Thanks mate.
Seems like my dyslexia kicked in a little... It's supposed to read "water color" above (not water based color). So in short, the removal process actually includes just applying water (with patience) :)
The color (being just water color and all) still sits pretty tight in the rubber (it seems to absorb any impurities it comes in contact with) so it's a time consuming process none-the-less. But yeah, I used (non-sticky) water color for the camo in order to wash it off someday if I pleased. Sadly it seems it wont be coming off without rubbing, if I someday need to get it off...

Man those are freaking awesome great customs

If you wanted the gun resin cast so you could offer for sale to other people I can get that done for you. PM me if of interest

M202A1 mod finished (supposed look closer to the movie prop than the real thing):
00_M202A1_update2.jpg

Saddens me, I didn't have the cuts to do this mod with it originally. Intended to, but chickend out. I'm much happier with the whole figure now.

The "Rocket clip" is a bit more worn than intended, but I can live with it. Already finished up the paint job (w/ scratches and all) just to realise the rocket launcher is actually deeper green in the movie. :slap
Prolly nato olive or something like that... still a little undecided if I should repaint it or leave it like this?

That is a brilliant weapon mod. Great stuff eleman!

WOW.... This figure from Red Heat are awesome!!!!
Congratulations !!!!!

Whats the best Body to use on it?

An absolutely EPIC custom :clap:clap:clap
I've commented before in the thread but that new outside pic looks fantastic :hi5:

Kindest regards
Tys

Awesome photos. I've said it before but amazing figure also. He looks real. :clap

Back