1/6 Ceremony Leia and Yavin Honor Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_IMPoor

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey friends
Here are my latest bashes. They may or may not be needed for a project that I may or may not be working on. The fact that this section has been weak in the diorama part may or may not have anything to do why I may or may not be thinking of a diorama to do. Don't get me wrong. I love the way you guys are pounding out the figs, but we need some scenery.

Not alot to say-I gots no paintin skills and I gots no sculpting skills so I'm left with dressing nude dollies with stuff that looks cool. Hope you like 'em!

3-2006.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that ANH Leia wrists are not the same shade of pink as Boushh Leia's arms. I can live with it.....for a while anyway.

3-2007.jpg

Yes, I'm aware the visor should be down. Working on that solution now.

Cheers
IMPoor

Cool.
Perhaps you might could find another female sideshow figure like one from the buffy line cheap to swap out & eliminate the skin tone issue.

After you made the Rebel technition a while back,the 1st thing I thought of was that it would be cool to see an honor guard.
You being big into ANH customs I'm not the least bit suprised that of all people,it would be you to throw one together Jeff

they both look great. I really like that REbel Guard though. SImple but effective bash.

looks good. the leia head is a nice choice actually. i am using that head to convert into an Endor Leia.

Nice job, I like this guy, I might put one together to go with my Leia.

When looking for reference pics I was surprised to see Hasbro did a 3 3/4" version.

TAC10rebguardLS.jpg

Really nice job Jeff... looks great.. it would go well with the watch tower someone started a while back.

:)

Last update to an individual thread regarding the Yavin theme. Anything else will be posted in the other thread.

I've been upgrading/updating my earlier figures. Aside from the super glue spooge I got on the visor (I'm still pissed about that:mad:), this will be the look of any future Honor Guards. A little better than that poor excuse of an Honor Guard in the pics above. Maybe he'll get a water treatment, but I'm much happier with this.

IMG_1820.jpg

I'm impressed with how well that Leia sculpt works. Had you considered a body that might be more in scale with the head, or is the problem with the head itself?

Guard is very cool too. Visor turned out great.

1) Yes the head is a tad large. Mark is sending me another one to try that may be smaller. I'll also be switching her to the ANH body instead of the Boushh body. I'll just have to paint over the chest white that shows with the lower neckline of the Hasbro outfit.

2) The obvious problem though is her hair. In ANH, her hair is pulled back into that whole ponytail deal. The Boushh head has parted hair and the strands by her ears.

I'll figure something out for her.

Thanks for the compliments on the Guard.

I don't know the name of it exactly. A few months ago, my wife and daughter went to the eye doctor and both got the drops that make your eyes all big and sensitive. They got these disposable plastic shade lenses to put behind their glasses for when they went outside. As soon as I saw them, I knew what they'd be for :D (nothing's disposable when it come to customs!!). I can make a couple more with what I have, but after that, I'm looking for something new too. But the first thing I'm gonna do is get a cheapo pair of sunglasses with bigger lenses and hope the material isn't too stiff.

There may be something better, but that's how this one got done and it looks great. The tint on them is just right-dark with a glare, but you can see through it just barely.

Hope that helps a little. I'm looking forward to seeing your version.

That Honor Guard looks sweet!
This may sound crazy but put the visor in the freezer for a bit, that might make the glue brittle enough to where you can pick it off. Nail polish remover could work too but I don't recommend it on a clear plastic part.

I hate it when I get spooge on my visor :slap

The figures look pretty good in all versions.

I have a buddy who swears by powdered artist chalks applied like a sort of makeup (to the figures, not him). You might be able to fix your skintone variances with that. If you dont like how it looks, rinse it off. You can just experiment away until it looks how you want it, then zap it with a dull clearcoat (gloss makes them look waxy) and pop some future floor wax on to the eyeballs and Bob's your Uncle, you have a work of art. He's supposed to be teaching me the technique soon, because he's tired of me handing him decapitated heads every time I see him. :panic:

Thanks Ron. Means alot coming from you. And I do have to mess with the hair though, as I'm sure you understand:lol. I just got me a shrunken head Leia from a generous member who's identity I need to keep secret or everyone will pester him.....I mean, this person, for bits and parts.:monkey3 I'm having a crack at that for a more appropriate 'do.

And thanks for the coloring and glue removal tips guys. I may have to give them a shot. I love picking the brains of you guys.

Back