Asmus Thorin 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always re-watch the Hobbit movies around Thanksgiving and Christmas - was a bummer when the trilogy wound up 'coz I got used to the December releases and the theater marathons - was awesome. Started playing around with Thorin and Bilbo - gave Thorin a nice blooded axe 'coz why not, he's a warrior dwarf king.:gandalf

Noticed 'bay prices seem to be up, and yep, ASMUS had 3 Thorin left, last I looked. Gone everywhere else. Bilbo gone too. And Gimli.

Aside from being my fav Middle Earth character, and ASMUS doing such a staggering good job, can't imagine not having Thorin when ASMUS puts out Thranduil on Throne.:stick:monkey3

ASMUS_Thorin_Bilbo1_opt.jpg

ASMUS_Thorin_Bilbo3_opt.jpg

IMO Thorin, Bilbo, and Gimli are among the finest releases ASMUS will ever do, with all the accessories and attention to detail:love:love:love. Dunno, it's almost scary, thinking that's it. If you missed out, you're done, except for bloated 'bay prices:horror:crying.

Not that I don't own more than one of these guys already:monkey3. So have my Hobbit stash. But being figure-deprived:monkey3 was another reason I grabbed Elrond and Galadriel this summer. So, ASMUS, when are Thranduil with throne and Dwalin coming out?:monkey3

^ Yeah those 3 figures are great, glad I have them all. Thorin especially is one of my favorite figures from the line, though Asmus did an excellent job with them all.

I too am hoping for some more Hobbit figures in time as my Hobbit shelf is looking a bit sparse - just Bilbo, Thorin and Bard on it atm...Balin and Thranduil for me please! :pray:

^ Yeah those 3 figures are great, glad I have them all. Thorin especially is one of my favorite figures from the line, though Asmus did an excellent job with them all.

I too am hoping for some more Hobbit figures in time as my Hobbit shelf is looking a bit sparse - just Bilbo, Thorin and Bard on it atm...Balin and Thranduil for me please! :pray:
Definitely - I'd go for Balin, Dwalin, Fili, Kili. Would probably go for them all, but figure those 4 are most likely to get made, if ever. I hope so, since ASMUS took the time to do excellent dwarf bodies. Also a Mirkwood armor Legolas would be nice. Thranduil/throne :stick :monkey3

I'd use a Bag End diorama too. If I ever get lucky, a 1/6 scale male deer (DOS) and/or some ponies, maybe.

Need a BOTFA Thorin pls!

Yeah, for sure.:pray: Always figured one day if I had to, to make an attempt at a custom. But....

Thorin_chainmaille.jpg

Thorin_bow_armor.jpg

Either BOTFA look is a long term project $$$$😱. Those *&&^%$ dwarves especially the royal line, costume wise. Multiple layers (counted at least 3 on Azog battle Thorin), chain maille that apparently had some sort of distinct link, quilted leather. Even Thorin's raven head sword - think I'd need a 3D printer, etc. The belt is pretty complex, too.

Which is why ASMUS should do a BOTFA Thorin, they probably have access to costume reference files😇. And they've managed to do the elaborate Rohan armor.

Meanwhile happy that Thorin and Bilbo are amazing figs that a person could actually afford - great sculpts and paint too. Nothing falling apart or shedding. ASMUS picked great to-scale materials like for the "fur".
ASMUS_Thorin_sculpt.jpg

LOL guess I should stop playing around and get Bilbo and Thorin back in the cabinet. Bilbo DOES attract lint (corduroy jacket). Not a big deal but he doesn't need to be covered in lint. So far I've never had the courage to distress 😱 my figs.
:clap:love

Last edited:
So Weta just revealed the Azog and Thorin Mini Epics. And they look AMAZING! Both preordered! Now jump on this Asmus, and make Azog!

Hey Asmus, instead of re-sculpting the characters Inart is doing (Gandalf and now Thorin), how about focus on all the characters Inart will never get to. Hell Inart likely won't even complete the fellowship. Plenty of options for you to succeed and cater to the true LOTR fans.

The store was sitting on unsold Thorin stock last time I checked so I am thinking they thought it was better to swap out the head and raise the price a little bit (I think the original was under $220) and sell the remaining stock instead of just letting them sit there unsold. Who knows it might have been what pushed them into doing the head upgrade in the first place.

I would gladly pay for upgrades to each of the hobbits head sculpts. . . and a Boromir, Eomer, Theoden. . . I am happy with what I have but hey if they can make it better I am all for it. I wish other manufacturers would be willing to do it for some of their figures.

Back