1/6 - Big Chief Studios - Gladiator - The Spaniard Collector Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Pianoteam. Sounds like a huge investment.
It is and that's why I am working on my own custom figure from the final fight using Pangaea's figure. Its cheaper than this and the armour is pretty accurate. The body looks very good for Maximus. Overall it still costs more than a regular figure but he is such an iconic character and I love him so much that it doesn't really matter to me.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Posted on Facebook this morning.looks like BCS has cancelled this release. Im going to call SSC tomorrow to verify and ask for a refund. FB_IMG_1546907799885.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh no this is terrible news! I was about to preorder this but now its pointless... Big Chief Studios made a lot of mistakes on this, first of all they should go for only one outfit (likely the helmet version armour) and have a spot on head sculpt. That alone would justify a 200 USD price or so but any more than that is unreasonable unless they made a perfect seamless body. I really hope they can consider releasing one outfit and try improving the sculpt.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Definitely bad news but by coincidence, I have been building my own version from the previously released set from KP.

I would have still picked up at least some loose parts to upgrade with.

I think the approximate $260.00 price turned off a lot of potential buyers. That price demanded a perfect head sculpt, seamless body and diorama type display base, at the very least.

Definitely bad news but by coincidence, I have been building my own version from the previously released set from KP.

I would have still picked up at least some loose parts to upgrade with.

I think the approximate $260.00 price turned off a lot of potential buyers. That price demanded a perfect head sculpt, seamless body and diorama type display base, at the very least.
I agree with you. Although I did order this.

I guess SS owes me some money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow, can't remember the last time something got cancelled after already going up for preorder.

But I'm guessing the few people who would be interested already picked up the Pangaea figure a couple years before.

Unfortunate, but they botched the headsculpt and body (neck looked weird too). It's even worse because they got some talented sculptor to that neat Roman bust.

ACI, Pangea, and KP all beat them to mass offerings, even if unlicensed. They needed to be more aware of that issue and had to deliver a K.A. Kim-level likeness in order to compete.

Unfortunate, but they botched the headsculpt and body (neck looked weird too). It's even worse because they got some talented sculptor to that neat Roman bust.

ACI, Pangea, and KP all beat them to mass offerings, even if unlicensed. They needed to be more aware of that issue and had to deliver a K.A. Kim-level likeness in order to compete.

Yeah if this figure was a complete knock out with the body and head, they would have sold plenty. The armor looks amazing but I always operated under the idea that I would have to upgrade some stuff. Maybe another offering will emerge elsewhere.

I wasn't in the market but when I first saw this I thought it was a bootleg or something for calling him "The Spaniard" instead of Maximus. I guess if SSC had it it's legit but I never bothered to even see they were carrying it. I wonder if they just went w/ a different name if it helped, plus the headsculpt.

Yeah if the figure is cancelled by the manufacturer then it really should be a full refund, NRD included I would have thought. They've refunded NRDs in far less warranted cases from what I've seen around here.

I'm keeping an eye on this one too. I just hope his eyes are so close together in the final product. Looks to narrow eyed in all the proto pics.

Russell Crowe must suffer from the Harrison Ford hard-to-nail likeness problem. All the sculpts I've seen have bits of Gladiator Crowe in there, but none has put it altogether in a convincing way.

Back