1/6 - Big Chief Studios - Gladiator - The Spaniard Collector Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they paint with their fingers?

giphy.gif

I have to look really hard to see Crowe in that sculpt. I don't think I'd know who it was if it wasn't on the body.

My God. This is just arse.

The face is devoid of life, the skin looks like it was put on by a plasterer, and you have to ask yourself how anyone could make Russell Crowe, of all people, look bland?

He looks like he's just stepped out of a barber's. Hipster Maximus is a definite pass, but what's really sad is that this company is starting to provide Molecule 8 levels of entertainment.

I know they have done good sculpts and even good paint jobs in the past - though rarely at the same time - so fingers crossed for everyone waiting for Bond.

I'd pass even on $179.99

I'm not sure who they were trying to sculpt, but it wasn't Russell Crowe. I honestly just don't see him at all and the only reason I'm trying to see him is because I know it's supposed to be him simply because of the character.

I'm not sure what figure this is, as far as it being someone's custom or another company released a Gladiator figure (leaning more towards custom as it looks like a HT TDW LA Thor or AoU Thor body), but it looks much better. I simply found it on a Google image search:

b0091e70329bb775ceb25608bb184cea.jpg

I'd pass even on $179.99

I'm not sure who they were trying to sculpt, but it wasn't Russell Crowe. I honestly just don't see him at all and the only reason I'm trying to see him is because I know it's supposed to be him simply because of the character.

I'm not sure what figure this is, as far as it being someone's custom or another company released a Gladiator figure (leaning more towards custom as it looks like a HT TDW LA Thor or AoU Thor body), but it looks much better. I simply found it on a Google image search:

b0091e70329bb775ceb25608bb184cea.jpg

That's Thrustmaster's figure. He used Pangaea's Deluxe version. Used one of the Crowe heads that's been floating around for awhile. The body is a ZC TOYS Emulated Figure Muscular 3.0.

I like it all except for the headsculpt. I have both of Pangea’s sculpts as well as their arena armor figure so it’s still a buy for me. It makes more sense to sell the parts I don’t need. The head will be covered with the helmet :lol

This would be how I would display it. It looks very good there.

Unfortunately, that sculpt would hide for eternity under the helmet, limiting display options.

But at $280.00, there's just no way I would pay that much. $180.00 shipped, tops, as I would need to invest in a replacement head sculpt from ebay.

This would be how I would display it. It looks very good there.

Unfortunately, that sculpt would hide for eternity under the helmet, limiting display options.

But at $280.00, there's just no way I would pay that much. $180.00 shipped, tops, as I would need to invest in a replacement head sculpt from ebay.
Agreed. They should just sell it with that equipment. The head is atrocious and not worth it while the body is subpar. The other outfit is an interesting idea but the quality is not there. In fact by putting it all together in one bundle I think it has made the quality of certains things go together. If anything they should split it into two figures with an improved body and head sculpt (mostly this needs serious improvement).

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Sooo...$130 for the figure and $150 for Russell Crowe's likeness...? don't pass the cost along to me!!!! In fact...maybe my theory is incorrect because by the looks of that head sculpt I am guessing that they were not actually able to secure the right to use Crowe's likeness...

Back