1/6 - Big Chief Studios - Gladiator - The Spaniard Collector Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. I used to own one of the Pangea figures (Arena version I believe, sold it off because it did not fit in the collection). But this looks way worse and overpriced.

Sooo...$130 for the figure and $150 for Russell Crowe's likeness...? don't pass the cost along to me!!!! In fact...maybe my theory is incorrect because by the looks of that head sculpt I am guessing that they were not actually able to secure the right to use Crowe's likeness...

If true, they wouldnt mention his name in the description tho either.

Reading back through negative comment after negative comment, wondering how bad it could be, and finally seeing a pic of the sculpt. It sure is bad.

Reading back through negative comment after negative comment, wondering how bad it could be, and finally seeing a pic of the sculpt. It sure is bad.

BCS should rework the sculpt, I find it hard to believe they'll sell 2000 with it looking like that.

13628393_151515495270461_942656404_n.jpg

The hot toys Jor El sculpt has the best Russel Crowe likeness. I doubt anyone else will be able to do a better job than that even though its aged.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

It does look like an Inigo sculpt... I can tell his style.

Best and probably only needed head though is the recasted and modified Jor El abundant on eBay. First batches had a better paint job.

Too ugly too late (over-the-top price is a given for any BCS stuff, so no surprise there).

And no one mentioned the version Kaustic Plastik put out several years ago? It has decent likeness, a strong body, and nice accessories (helmet was offered separately though and kinda pricey), the whole set was retailed below $150 at the time.

1.jpg

Too ugly too late (over-the-top price is a given for any BCS stuff, so no surprise there).

And no one mentioned the version Kaustic Plastik put out several years ago? It has decent likeness, a strong body, and nice accessories (helmet was offered separately though and kinda pricey), the whole set was retailed below $150 at the time.

View attachment 398345
It does look like an Inigo sculpt... I can tell his style.

Best and probably only needed head though is the recasted and modified Jor El abundant on eBay. First batches had a better paint job.
How was it modified?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I would have liked to add a "Gladiator" figure to the collection but the price is ridiculous, especially when the head sculpt will need replacement. Unsure about the body needing replacement, as well.

Back