1/6 ANH Red Squadron Kitbash/Custom pilots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definately. if the hand on the glove was a closed fist, it would be easier to make a cast of. the individual fingers would be tough to mold/ cast. i dont really know how to do the air vents in molds so this might be out of my range here.

I wish we could cast more.... If I had more I would do a few more bashes.... More x-wing pilots and a Death Star trooper.:rolleyes:

here's a quick pic of Luke snowspeeder pilot.
painted the jacket. replaced straps on chest box. have everything loosely in place. going to repaint the luke head. just waiting on the gloves and x wing uni's to arrive in the mail.
lukehoth.jpg

OMG, that jacket looks so good Ryan. I love it. Brilliant.

thanks dorgs.
Flosi- the straps are actually the belt from the endor troopers. im sure you can find similar material from some 1/6 WW2 items etc. i was watching ESB the other day and noticed the straps on the chest box are a greenish color... i think. check toyanxiety, im sure they have something similar.

Looks great Ryan.

I ordered a whole heap of parts/helmets off Toy Anxiety today, they were having a sale. Gonna crank out some A-Wing and B-Wing pilots.

Thanks again guys.
I'll try to post some better pics of luke and the jacket soon.
Flos, cant wait to see what pilots you come up with. if you or anyone else is interested in the b wing chest box thingy i sculpted a while back just shoot me a pm. can make a couple casts. cant guarantee they will be great, might have to fill in a couple air bubbles etc.

I would be interested but I have to many projects on the go. Got to get some finished!!!

Chaka I too ordered a load from Toy Anx.. LOL

PM sent Ryan.

Mark, that sale was too good to pass up, even picked up a SSC Stormtrooper from Toy Anx as well. I needed an extra.

I'm a little late to the party, but Snowspeeder Luke is looking fantastic so far Ryan. Can't wait to seem him finished!

PM sent Ryan.

Mark, that sale was too good to pass up, even picked up a SSC Stormtrooper from Toy Anx as well. I needed an extra.

I know what you mean Chris I bought to much!! Got some part for a custom figure that I am working on for my boy for Christmas. Hopefully I will get all the parts in time, gonna be a great figure if I can get it together!

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as cutting up the white chest pad piece? I'd like to get that thing looking proper.... I'm also not a big fan of the Hasbro tools stuffed in the shoulder pouches.... I wonder if a paint job would do them any good?

I unpicked the sides of the vests and took of the side ribs. Then cut the vest down, then restitched the side ribs. I will post pics later.

As for the tools. Yep Flosi I totally agree a repaint is the best way forward.

I just unpick the sides, cut and glue back the sides. sewings probably the better route but takes too long.

here's a quick pic of Luke snowspeeder pilot.
painted the jacket. replaced straps on chest box. have everything loosely in place. going to repaint the luke head. just waiting on the gloves and x wing uni's to arrive in the mail.
lukehoth.jpg

Holy crap, that looks awesome!!! Love the jacket, Ryan, can't wait to see what you do with the head. This is going to be killer!

I also cut and glue my vests, I suck at sewing.

I also suck at dying, just made my first attempt. No good. Looks like I will be painting my flight suites.

I just unpick the sides, cut and glue back the sides. sewings probably the better route but takes too long.

I was waiting to hear if anyone went about it this way since it seemed like the best option to keep me from needing to sew...:eek:

I also cut and glue my vests, I suck at sewing.

I also suck at dying, just made my first attempt. No good. Looks like I will be painting my flight suites.

How did you go about it?

Back