1/6 ANH Red Squadron Kitbash/Custom pilots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put my Xwing suit on Farmboy and am very happy with the look. I did swap out the boots and gave him some gloves to hold and he blends right in to the other SS figs. I'll be done once I get a Tomy helmet since I have never sewn a thing.

I'll be curious to see your improvements Flosi

sw11-18.jpg

Love the gloves too Darth, where did you get them.

The rest of my pilots could use those.

I just put my pic back up. I am reworking John D. and currently going to start a Biggs.

I just need a Tomy Biggs helmet. arrgh!!

So will I! :lol No really, I'm excited to start this project. I really like the way the gloves look in his hand, Poor... Very cool solution since Praji gloves are hard to come by.... where did you get those?

I got them from War Toys. They are white Carnot gloves. I dyed them black. I like the look of him holding them better. If I ever get me some Praji gloves, they are going towards my Death Star Troopers!

@Darth_IMPoor": Awesome Lukes.

Is that the ST Luke HS on the Tatooine ANH Luke? Killer bash.

Yep-That's a TT Slim body, Stormtrooper Luke Head and Hasbro shirt. I may switch it back to the SS shirt though. But it freed up the SS Farmboy body for the pilot version.

Darth that pilot Luke is awesome. I've been looking for some of those same gloves but cant find any. Great work man.

here's my jacket WIP.
it's an m41 WW2 parsons jacket. cut the collar off and hot glued fabric ribbon along the arms. also removed the buttons and a few other tabs that were on the jacket as well.
the new collar was cut from an old pair of khaki pants. just kind of eyeballed the shape and size. took me a few times to get it close to what i have. just cut two pieces the same size, glue then turn inside out. still need to trim it down a bit, pad it and glue in place. then paint/ dye.

1hothjacketwip001.jpg

1hothjacketwip002.jpg

1hothjacketwip003.jpg

1hothjacketwip004.jpg

1hothjacketwip005.jpg

1hothjacketwip006.jpg

1hothjacketwip007.jpg

Very nice! I'm guessing yo will fabric dye it orange then your done, I wonder if dye will take on the ribbon? Might want to do a dye test before you go to far. Different materials take dye in very different ways, some not at all.
Cool jacket though.

wow this is all looking amazing!! For some reason I am not get e-mail notifications on threads I am subscribed to!!! Real pain as its hard to keep up with all the amazing stuff going on at the mo!!

ryan.... that jacket is chuffin marvellous!! brilliant idea, I will try to get pics of mine up today!

Darth.... your Lukes look mighty fine, I too need some Praji gloves... about 12 pairs should do LOL.

Chakaman... stop looking for a Biggs helmet... you already have one! Its on my desk!

thanks guys.
not really sure how im gona dye it or if i'll just paint it. or just soak it in some watered down orange acrylic paint. idk

wow this is all looking amazing!! For some reason I am not get e-mail notifications on threads I am subscribed to!!! Real pain as its hard to keep up with all the amazing stuff going on at the mo!!

ryan.... that jacket is chuffin marvellous!! brilliant idea, I will try to get pics of mine up today!

Darth.... your Lukes look mighty fine, I too need some Praji gloves... about 12 pairs should do LOL.

Chakaman... stop looking for a Biggs helmet... you already have one! Its on my desk!

Dorgs thanks mate!!:D I really appreciate it. Looking for this Biggs helmet was doing my head in.

Praji gloves are IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND!! If I ever find any I am going to buy them all. Then we can split them up or something. I havent seen any for sale in ages, I just have the two pairs atm. However, I do like the shots of the pilots holding gloves. I may go that route.

Ryan, love that jacket. I really like the ribbon on the sleeves, I may do somthing like that.

Once again, thanks Mark. Cheers mate.

No worries Chris, for me this board is all about sharing and helping each other out.... it is just a shame we are all so far apart.

Thanks Chak. a fairly good alternative to the praji gloves are the darth maul gloves.

been wanting to find a good set of closed fisted hands that i can sculpt to the praji gauntlets that way i can make a mold an dont have to worry about casting the fingers. be easier to make a mold of a more solid piece hence the closed fist. then we can all have some good gloves for the pilots.

Awesome stuff guys :rock

Dorgs just hit User CP all the subscribed bits pop up that way.

Back