1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/4 Hot Toys QS Iron Man 3: Mark XLII Collectible Figure

My god !!!! The base looks fantastic !!! It will be great with mark 43 and mark 45.

Great figure, would pre-order but think im going to wait and see if anything new comes out of SDCC. I already have the 1/4 45 on PO too... :p

Their Quarter Scale line offerings are so boring. Why are they touting this as "the first 1/4 Iron Man" like it's something special in their announcement and on Facebook when they've already done two from Age of Ultron.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yeah sure, it was shown as a prototype back in December, big whoop. :lol Those other two above still preceded it with protos, solicitations, approvals, pre-orders, etc.

Last edited:

Fantastic figure and all-round package.

Although, imo, HT should really develop a new, bigger display base for their 1/4 figures if they're really going to go all out in this line...it just doesn't make sense that a 1/4 iron man figure has a display stand that is only as large as a 1/6 figure's :mad:

Their Quarter Scale line offerings are so boring. Why are they touting this as "the first 1/4 Iron Man" like it's something special in their announcement and on Facebook when they've already done two from Age of Ultron.

View attachment 273941
View attachment 273943

Yeah sure, it was shown as a prototype back in December, big whoop. :lol Those other two above still preceded it with protos, solicitations, approvals, pre-orders, etc.

How exactly are the offerings in the 1/4 scale BORING?!?

To each his own, but that statement seems as off-base as anyone could get.

Because there isn't any variety? There are 7 figures in the line and half of them are already Iron Man Disney related (with more on the way next month I'm sure, 1/4 Civil War Iron Man is probably being made as we speak). Their latest QS offerings for the past two years have been nothing but Iron Man. I think little Baby Groot was the last new character they did way back in 2014. What a stand out, iconic piece worthy of being #4 in such a high end, prestigious line. :lol

For a line that was hyped with so much promise 4 years ago, calling it boring isn't that off base. :lol

Some folks are still "staying tuned" for their very first 1:4 teaser,

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The harsh reality though is that Hot Toys will probably only produce Iron Man and armored, helmet clad Star Wars characters from here on out.

Last edited:

Im meh on Terminator/Predator type stuff but Im a big comic character fan so I find the releases pretty exciting but I understand the ither side. If just a bunch if sci fi stuff was being announced Id be pretty underwhelmed too.

Because there isn't any variety? There are 7 figures in the line and half of them are already Iron Man Disney related (with more on the way next month I'm sure, 1/4 Civil War Iron Man is probably being made as we speak). Their latest QS offerings for the past two years have been nothing but Iron Man. I think little Baby Groot was the last new character they did way back in 2014. What a stand out, iconic piece worthy of being #4 in such a high end, prestigious line. :lol

For a line that was hyped with so much promise 4 years ago, calling it boring isn't that off base. :lol

Some folks are still "staying tuned" for their very first 1:4 teaser,

View attachment 273948
View attachment 273949

The harsh reality though is that Hot Toys will probably only produce Iron Man and armored, helmet clad Star Wars characters from here on out.

I agree man. I wasn't a fan of the MK42, and while this does look like a nice job on HTs behalf, I think they could've spaced it out a little more just to give the 1/4 line some variety.

And I totally forgot about this picture! Wow. They also teased 1/4 predators. And I SWEAR they mentioned 1/4 offerings for '89 batman...or was it Returns?

Anyway, nice job on the figure, but the line could use some more variety.

i took some photos from SB today. it is irresistable!!
i recommend ordering the delux version, the gantry base really
worth the price difference!

42 1.jpg
42 2.jpg
42 3.jpg
42 4.jpg
42 5.jpg

First from Iron Man 3, read to the end of the sentence

First from Iron Man 3, read to the end of the sentence

Exactly. Which means the first of many. Yay! Now the 1/4 line can be plagued with Iron Man 3 variations.

Simple. When they started doing 1/4 scale figures it looked to me (as I'm sure it did to a lot of other collectors) that HT was doing "one offs" of Iconic characters and that was it... The Endoskeleton, Bale Bats, Hell, Boba Fett. But they've now done an entire 360 on those plans it seems, and started releasing stuff that can simply be left alone in 1/6. Three IM In less than a year IS BORING. Three prototypes shown of SW characters in 1/4 IS BORING. Why the Mark 45? what exactly was iconic that made that suit become a 1/4 offering? I kinda get the 43, but why the 42 other than because it being the easiest cash grab ever? It's just a simple repaint with ,yes, some battle damage that I guess justifies the almost $600 price tag. Oh yeah, it does.

I mean, look at what NECA is doing with the 1/4 Mark 43:

1300x-Ironman2.jpg

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's not as great looking as the HT one, but does that really justify $450 more? I don't think so.

The 1/4 line is just stale, boring (unless you love IM, which you seem to do, so congrats) but many are now wondering what the future plans for the 1/4 line is. Might as well release every 1/6 IM offering in 1/4, what the hell.

I loved when Enterbay was still around doing figures other than NBA crap. It in a way pushed HT to deliver better products outside their comfort zone (IM).

Oh well, what do I know. I don't buy anything and I don't know how Howard takes his coffee.

I don't understand the boring complaint at all.

I don't know how everyone feels, but I would like the IM 1/4 line to continue to develop. HT does great work and IM more than any figure offers better aesthetics, which is what I like.

But, at the end of the day, HT selling IM figures isn't boring, it's meeting the demands of its consumer base.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I don't know how everyone feels, but I would like the IM 1/4 line to continue to develop. HT does great work and IM more than any figure offers better aesthetics, which is what I like.

But, at the end of the day, HT selling IM figures isn't boring, it's meeting the demands of its consumer base.

The "1/4 Iron Man line". :lol

That's exactly what it's becoming and will continue to be by the looks of it. For other collectors like me that like Aliens, Predator, Batman, Robocop, Superman, Terminator, classic movies, etc. you know, all the stuff Hot Toys was known for before Marvel/Star Wars/Disney, boring is the most apt term to describe these subsequent Iron Man releases.

It's bad enough that they dropped the DX line that was once a source for specific icons (that were specifically non-Iron Man), but now the few old classics they do do are half assed and it appears they have no interest in pursing 1/4 versions of any of the many license announcements they had (Predator, Alien, Burton Batman, Police Shootout Arnold Terminator). It blows.

Their main "customer base" sucks ****ing balls in my opinion. We used to joke about this a couple of years ago, but every year Hot Toys feels like it's becoming Hasbro, only concerned about the bottom line and customers/fans only caring about one character variant/army troop builder. They're only passionate about the red and gold tin man and his ilk, and boooooy does it show throughout their various lines.

I will say this. I'm impressed with that display base on the Deluxe version with the lights and sculpt and all that. I'm impressed Sideshow and Hot Toys actually had restraint only charging a $30 difference as opposed to $100. How white of them. :lol

I don't think the 1/4 line is boring but it can be better (yeah I would love to see and instand buy terminator 1, classic predator, alien, capitan america, etc, in 1/4). What is boring is to see 4 blacks widows, 3 hakweyes, 4 antman, and other figures for completionist, IM is a fan base line and it's good to see them in other scales

I really wish they make a quarter scale Captain America to go with the MK43.

I really wish they make a quarter scale Captain America to go with the MK43.

I'd buy a 1/4 Cap in a heartbeat. I'd love a 1/4 STRIKE Cap because the 1/6 version sucked

Hot toys sells things that people want.. That's their business.

Back