1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i miss PO and now waiting on waitlist for DX bonus version...hope i get one :(
barack obama hope GIF by Obama

Why do they look overly beefy? When they're not that way in the films?
Just like hot toys' iterations, we can't seem to get away from these idealized superhero body builder proportions.

I don't know that I've seen a high end city hunter head sculpt that's been dead on with the mandibles, but I think they nailed it. Chef's kiss!
The pose makes it appear he's pushing his weight forward or bracing for a burst of movement, but nothing about the upper body appears to be gesturing an action. To counterbalance the placement of the feet, it looks like the right shoulder should come down and forward rather than a straight upright back. There are a lot of things to love and city hunter is my favorite, but for my money is just looks so awkward.

Quills are all broken around the brow, pi$$Ed...

Geez Col - and I was about to ask you if it had turned up intact. That sucks mate.

How the hell did those snap? - they should be that flexible plastic/rubber surely?

I'm not impressed by the paintwork on the torso or crown either.

Appreciate the pics though.

Geez Col - and I was about to ask you if it had turned up intact. That sucks mate.

How the hell did those snap? - they should be that flexible plastic/rubber surely?

I'm not impressed by the paintwork on the torso or crown either.

Appreciate the pics though.

Yeah, the armour looks great but skin pattern is very basic.

Unlike the JH they decided to use rigid quills?!

Six broken with advice on the instructions to 'fix with glue'?!
Glue a tiny quill onto a broken stump, yeah right.
That's going to need drilling out which is a lot to ask.

I can see loads of these turning up with the same issue and no way am I spending 4K on the full statue now.

Yeah, the armour looks great but skin pattern is very basic.

Unlike the JH they decided to use rigid quills?!

Six broken with advice on the instructions to 'fix with glue'?!
Glue a tiny quill onto a broken stump, yeah right.
That's going to need drilling out which is a lot to ask.

I can see loads of these turning up with the same issue and no way am I spending 4K on the full statue now.

Typical CRIME1 "customer service" :slap . . . this sort of thing is why I will NEVER deal with them direct, and am VERY wary of getting anything they have released through retailers until we get good in-hand pics.

Rigid quills - what absolute MORONS!

Are you sending it back?

You have to display the base pointing to the side if you want it facing forward? I'm sure it is the lighting, but the rings on the dreads look green. Lol! I agree the stenciling on the head does not look good at this scale. And the quills? Utterly ridiculous that they can't pack things better than that.

Bust #5/200 checking in.

Thankfully no broken quills, but these are definitely stiffer and straighter than the ones on the Jungle Hunter. A bag of spares was included.

The stripe pattern on the forehead is a redder brown than the rest of the portrait and there is an abrupt transition at the very top (last photo). It's bizarre, considering that the entire head appears to be stenciled. Not sure why they didn't color match or at least design a smooth transition.

The dread beads and armor look fantastic, love the various golds and coppers. I'm particularly impressed with the plasmacaster, it's got an especially fiery finish that catches the eye. The body paint app looks to be the same quality as the Jungle Hunter, no complaints there.

Suit-accurate gray netting with more slack in the string, this kind of attention to detail is wonderful to see. I've always been a stickler about netting and it's cheapened many a Predator collectible, but Prime 1 got it right.

All in all, I'm happy with this one. Glad I sprang for the bust and not the full statue as this scratches the P2 itch plenty. My only gripe is that they didn't use the redder brown from the forehead on the rest of the portrait and body. We could've avoided that nasty color transition and improved the accuracy as well -- I think the City Hunter's stripes are a lot more reddish than most companies realize.

If anyone wants to sell me their masked portrait, don't hesitate to hit me up. I'd love to have both and would pay handsomely for the option.

Some quick phone pics. Will break out the DSLR for a shoot with the Jungle Hunter bust later.

PXL-20240409-213607635-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213630244-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213726797-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213758259-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213858250-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-214026493-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-221658261-S.jpg

Bust #5/200 checking in.

Thankfully no broken quills, but these are definitely stiffer and straighter than the ones on the Jungle Hunter. A bag of spares was included.

The stripe pattern on the forehead is a redder brown than the rest of the portrait and there is an abrupt transition at the very top (last photo). It's bizarre, considering that the entire head appears to be stenciled. Not sure why they didn't color match or at least design a smooth transition.

The dread beads and armor look fantastic, love the various golds and coppers. I'm particularly impressed with the plasmacaster, it's got an especially fiery finish that catches the eye. The body paint app looks to be the same quality as the Jungle Hunter, no complaints there.

Suit-accurate gray netting with more slack in the string, this kind of attention to detail is wonderful to see. I've always been a stickler about netting and it's cheapened many a Predator collectible, but Prime 1 got it right.

All in all, I'm happy with this one. Glad I sprang for the bust and not the full statue as this scratches the P2 itch plenty. My only gripe is that they didn't use the redder brown from the forehead on the rest of the portrait and body. We could've avoided that nasty color transition and improved the accuracy as well -- I think the City Hunter's stripes are a lot more reddish than most companies realize.

If anyone wants to sell me their masked portrait, don't hesitate to hit me up. I'd love to have both and would pay handsomely for the option.

Some quick phone pics. Will break out the DSLR for a shoot with the Jungle Hunter bust later.

PXL-20240409-213607635-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213630244-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213726797-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213758259-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-213858250-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-214026493-S.jpg

PXL-20240409-221658261-S.jpg

Nice low number from Sugo! Was on the fence for ages on this one but decided to be content with the wall art 1/4. Yeah that colour difference sticks out like dogs balls, it should have been blended better than that, glad you got it with no real issues though.

Bust #5/200 checking in.

Some quick phone pics. Will break out the DSLR for a shoot with the Jungle Hunter bust later . . .

Great pics - thanks for sharing!

Sucks about that paintwork though - same as Col - amazing paintwork on the armour etc, but sub-standard for the bodywork.

At the end of the day - I'm happy that you are happy (y)

Yeah nice pics Rotfish. thanks. Not sure if its your camera or not, but there seems to be less verdigris effect painted on your busts armor compared to Collectorcols pics. Anyway, looking forward to receiving mine, its on a slow boat to Canada, still waiting lol.

Yeah nice pics Rotfish. thanks. Not sure if its your camera or not, but there seems to be less verdigris effect painted on your busts armor compared to Collectorcols pics. Anyway, looking forward to receiving mine, its on a slow boat to Canada, still waiting lol.
Hope yours arrives safe and sound! Regarding the verdigris, I get more of it using flash, but no, not as bright or saturated. Curious to see photos from Collectorcol in neutral or low lighting. Always been a fan of that effect.

Took some new photos with the DSLR.

IMG-1355-S-EDIT.jpg

IMG-1348-S.jpg

IMG-1349-S.jpg

Last edited:
Hope yours arrives safe and sound! Regarding the verdigris, I get more of it using flash, but no, not as bright or saturated. Curious to see photos from Collectorcol in neutral or low lighting. Always been a fan of that effect.

Took some new photos with the DSLR.

IMG-1355-S-EDIT.jpg

IMG-1348-S.jpg

IMG-1349-S.jpg
Yessss that's what im talking about.. Nice pictures man. I knew these two busts would compliment each other and look awesome together. Makes me more excited for mine arriving.

Took some new photos with the DSLR . . .

Considering I much prefer the design of the City Hunter, I'll admit that (for me) the Jungle Hunter bust seems WAY superior here - the art direction, sculpt and the paint.

Thanks again for more great pics :hi5:

Back