1:1 Life size Iron man 3 Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! This is why I'm holding my breath for the Mark XLII from Iron Studios (whatever size that is). From what has been shown so far, looks like it will be a very faithful reproduction of what we will see in the movie.

ironstudiosironman02.jpg
Are you ******in kidding me with thaat amount of detail. Insta-buy for me if the final prod version comes out like that :yess:

Who is she, BTW?

Last edited:
Are you ******in kidding me with thaat amount of detail. Insta-buy for me if the final prod version comes out like that :yess:

Who is she, BTW?

But come on who in the world is Iron Studios?!
At least we know more about this other company

Really, come on, Really do you have the $5,000 to $8,000 to really buy this item. Come one. Really?

I have a number of 1/1 and they are not plastic (well one is, but he is power up the butt). I have two Cylon's and a Term (with two guns), Robby also. Not counting my hero Helmets (and non heroes) if they fit my head I buy them.

Maybe I am in a mood today, but really do you have the cash and space to drop on this item?

So if your going to say Pass, then say pass with the cash to back it up.
Chris is one of about the dozen or so people on this board that have the cash to buy anything they like that is sold by Sideshow.
That said, I will pass on this, because it lacks crispness and detail, especially for it's scale. Hot Toys offers phenomenal detail for their size, but this just doesn't look real enough. It would look nice in a fast food restaurant or toy store display, though.
It's true, I really don't have enough money for this, unless I sold something.
I'm also not a huge fan of the armor design. If it was made of titanium, articulated, wearable, and stopped 44 magnum, that would be a whole different story.

But come on who in the world is Iron Studios?!
At least we know more about this other company

Everyone starts out somewhere, and the most important thing is the quality of the product. Not many people knew of Sideshow when it first started out and that is when some of their best pieces were made.
Theoretically, an unknown company holds a lot of promise for high quality, because they are hungry and have a lot to prove.

Chris is one of about the dozen or so people on this board that have the cash to buy anything they like that is sold by Sideshow.

Am i included in one of the dozen? :dunno:pray:

Well, we at least know 2 others that can be included in that dozen....To some they are known simply as the "the Millionaires" whereas we know them as 'Alex and Jay' :rotfl:rotfl

This looks like something you would see at the entrance to a cheap Marvel related fairground ride or amusement park, the lack of detail in the molding is poor.

This looks like something you would see at the entrance to a cheap Marvel related fairground ride or amusement park, the lack of detail in the molding is poor.

100% :exactly: surprised no-one else can see how cheap looking it looks...the mouth piece and head gear for me is the worse part...looks like its been vacuum moulded!...so plastic looking...

Am i included in one of the dozen? :dunno:pray:

Well, we at least know 2 others that can be included in that dozen....To some they are known simply as the "the Millionaires" whereas we know them as 'Alex and Jay' :rotfl:rotfl

I'm sure you are RB. If you were a football player I'd say your Gareth Bale right now though. Your showing a lot of form but your got to keep that Pre-Order list going for a good few years before you can be compared to Alex (Ronaldo) & Jay (Messi) :lol

Some people will read that & think WTF :cuckoo: :lol

On a side note I really don't like the XLII armour. I'm a bit gutted because I can see the the next SS 1/4 Iron Man Mark armour being the XLII

I'm sure you are RB. If you were a football player I'd say your Gareth Bale right now though. Your showing a lot of form but your got to keep that Pre-Order list going for a good few years before you can be compared to Alex (Ronaldo) & Jay (Messi) :lol
Some people will read that & think WTF :cuckoo: :lol

:rotfl:rotfl thats a classic RB! If i was to continue similiar pre order lists for then the next 5 years then i'll probably end up like Gazza! :thud:

After Doom LSF i'm done :lecture

I can't believe that what about an iron man mk 42 pf or lsf or an iron patriot

:)

Trust me Ant, there's no way i'd be able to finance this hobby or have the space for anymore pieces, especially with a second baby on the way. I've got to be sensible about things and be grateful for what i've achieved so far...a year ago when i started this hobby i never thought i'd be where i am now and have some of the best statues/busts and figures that money can buy. I will quit while im ahead, and what better time to retire than after receiving arguably the most impressive statue to date...the Doom LSF :yess:

I really think SSC will confirm shortly that they are to release a IM 3 1/4 or a IM3 LSF very shortly...once the movie has had time to play its course then thats when SSc will strike! :yess:

Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean when it comes to space most of mine are in boxes I'm after a 1/4 iron man then I'm focusing on wolverine stuff

Looks good but don't see the need for a life size statue of Ironman or any other life size statue for that matter.

Back