1:1 Iron man Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You recently placed a reservation for an item on our Wait List. Due to recent cancellations and credit card declines, one of these items has become available for fulfillment to you.

Your Wait List Reservation # W***** is scheduled to be converted to an order on 2009-01-28.

What would you guys do take it or leave it? btw it's the iron-man bust

What would you guys do take it or leave it? btw it's the iron-man bust

Depends... can you afford this purchase? Do you really like the design of it. Are you a big fan? If you had every attention of purchasing it before, I say get it. If it comes in a condition you're not pleased, ask for a replacement or just accept that this thing is not perfect. I don't think that's fair. At 700 US and being that it is such a simple sculpt, I would want the best.

Well I just cancelled mine and lost $100 worth of Sideshow points too... I simply can not afford this bust considering the ridiculous amount of issues with it. This piece would have cost me $1000 once the item cost was paid, shipping, duty, taxes and brokerage. Not worth it... I would rather get one that someone is trying to dump for cheap on eBay that is in bad shape and re-finish it myself. I'm absolutely crushed that this thing is a flop, I was VERY excited about this... man this has been a ^^^^ty time for collectibles for me :( The Cinemaquette Predator totally disappointed me with it's issues, my Indy PF is a black man dressed as Indy, we have a Christmas edition Moria Orc and now the Iron Man bust is a flop. Hopefully the cycle is broken with the Grievous bust...

Faken, I'm in total agreement, it seems to be the sculpt is the hard part. Why is paint such an issue. The guys that are lucky enough to be satisfied with their items and come on here singing praises for Sideshow do nothing to help the cause.

If your happy, is there really a need to post?? One day.....you guys will get burnt too......I can't wait!

Get the bust, hope for the best! Keep your expectations low and never look at the prototype pics on Suck Show Collectibles web-site.......sorry I'm getting bitter.

Faken, I'm in total agreement, it seems to be the sculpt is the hard part. Why is paint such an issue. The guys that are lucky enough to be satisfied with their items and come on here singing praises for Sideshow do nothing to help the cause.

If your happy, is there really a need to post?? One day.....you guys will get burnt too......I can't wait!
So out of line. :lol

This thread is for the product- any reviews or comments good or bad are welcome in this thread. It is a discussion board after all.

Some people may very well be extremely happy with their bust and just want to talk about it. I don't see the harm in that.

Get the bust, hope for the best! Keep your expectations low and never look at the prototype pics on Suck Show Collectibles web-site.......sorry I'm getting bitter.

Personally, I think you should just return your bust and move on. It seems this piece is causing you a lot of heartache. Sideshow's return policy is stellar and they will take care of you.

I have been there. I have had to return a lot of products due to QC issues and breakage and Sideshow always takes them back and gives me a full refund. No need to be bitter over a collectible man. Life is only what you make it.

I'm guessing you don't have the Iron Man 1.1 or Indiana Jones PF :)
Thanks for keeping me in line....

I'm guessing you don't have the Iron Man 1.1 or Indiana Jones PF :)
Thanks for keeping me in line....

I do have the Sideshow Indy PF. Although a bit dark I am happy with it. The jacket could also be a bit longer as well. :lol

Passing on the Iron Man bust due to the QC issues and the price point of the bust.

Well I just cancelled mine and lost $100 worth of Sideshow points too... I simply can not afford this bust considering the ridiculous amount of issues with it. This piece would have cost me $1000 once the item cost was paid, shipping, duty, taxes and brokerage. Not worth it... I would rather get one that someone is trying to dump for cheap on eBay that is in bad shape and re-finish it myself. I'm absolutely crushed that this thing is a flop, I was VERY excited about this... man this has been a ^^^^ty time for collectibles for me :( The Cinemaquette Predator totally disappointed me with it's issues, my Indy PF is a black man dressed as Indy, we have a Christmas edition Moria Orc and now the Iron Man bust is a flop. Hopefully the cycle is broken with the Grievous bust...

sorry faken.

I am so torn about this bust!!! i just wish i knew i was getting what i paid for.....

Depends... can you afford this purchase? Do you really like the design of it. Are you a big fan? If you had every attention of purchasing it before, I say get it. If it comes in a condition you're not pleased, ask for a replacement or just accept that this thing is not perfect. I don't think that's fair. At 700 US and being that it is such a simple sculpt, I would want the best.

So out of line. :lol

This thread is for the product- any reviews or comments good or bad are welcome in this thread. It is a discussion board after all.

Some people may very well be extremely happy with their bust and just want to talk about it. I don't see the harm in that.

Want to sell me the worst one of the two? :lol
Your killing me!

alright guys there has been far too many negative things about this bust,call me crazy but i still want it,i can cancel if i wanna but i gotta decide like...NOW!!
i live in india and this is bar far my biggest purchase im paying 786 usd for this thing shipped,do you think its worth it ?
also,in a few years time do u see the value of this bust increasing,especially with the release of ironman 2 round about 2010?
waiting for some opinions
cheers

only you can decide if you want it or not, there is no help from us here:)

I've got mine yesterday and I like it. It's not perfect, at least I see how it could have been made better, but it is what it is and I accept it as that. Unless yours will be coming seriously damaged, I don't see why you will be dissapointed (and of course if you sit by it with a magnifying glass, there will always be something to nit pick on - nothing's perfect).

Alexei

alright guys there has been far too many negative things about this bust,call me crazy but i still want it,i can cancel if i wanna but i gotta decide like...NOW!!
i live in india and this is bar far my biggest purchase im paying 786 usd for this thing shipped,do you think its worth it ?
also,in a few years time do u see the value of this bust increasing,especially with the release of ironman 2 round about 2010?
waiting for some opinions
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back